Just when you thought you'd heard/seen everything at a racetrack..

In the 70's, at Pan American Speedway, Bill Lay had to throw a caution due to a couple of cows walking down on the track. Off turn 1, there was a small building at the end of the entrance road, and a gate next to that that led to a pasture. Don't know if the gate was left open, or if the cows somehow opened it, but it was pretty hilarious trying to get those cows back off the track.

bill krueger was just telling me about one is his dwarf car at longhorn sat. night.

I don't know if it's true, but years ago I heard someone hit a cow on the track at Alamo Dragway.

They've thrown cautions at Pocono for deer on the backstretch....In fact I believe one driver hit one during practice in the 80s/early 90s

I've also seen the yellow thrown for a rabbit.

i think it was last year that one of those open wheel drivers (irl, f1 or champ car) hit a deer on the track at almost full throttle............messed that guy up...........cant remember his name but i remember he was in the hospital for quite a while with some serious injuries..........

Last Oct at Tulsa Raceway Park on a Sat at a little past noon George Dostal from Albuquerque mistook the Dragstrip for the International Airport and put his plane down on the strip.Happen to be a break in the action,so no cars where at full steam at the time.After a slight delay and some investigating,racers pitched in and helped get him back in the air,headed where he needed to be,a few miles away.

post-59-1179423165_thumb.jpg

I was working the race with TIDA at TWS and yes a plane did land on the back straight.

And Reb, you must not have been at THR last year when I was scoring the naskarts from the flagstand and I dropped my pen and it fell onto the track. Well Randy didn't have a pen or pencil so we went yellow so I could get my pen. LOL

Now, I have pen that is on a necklace, so I will never drop my pen again. :lol: And I have a spare in my back pocket. Just in case it runs out of ink.

THE PLANE THAT LANDED AT TWS ..RAN OUT OF FUEL .. THE PILOT GOT OFF HIS ROULT JUST A HAIR AND THAT WAS THE DIFFERENTS COMEING FROM DALLAS ..THE BACK STRAIGHT WAS HIS ONLY CHANCE HE HAD TO LAND SAFTLY SEEING HE CAME IN DEAD STICK ..MISSED TURN TWO WALL BY A FEW ..LUCKY FOR HIM AND THAT GIRL .HE HAD NO WHERE ELSE TO PUT IT DOWN EXCEPT THE PARKING LOT WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN AN UGLY MESS WITH CARS AND IT RAINED PURTY BAD THAT WEEK ..

Edited by oldtimer

I think it's hoes.....