Texas Pro Truck Series

xcellracing

just wondering why a race or two cant still be run at ccms? if they already approved the race before the local truck series were announced, is there no way that the truck race in corpus could still happen? i guess like john said, an "outlaw" race of sorts.........just curious

I agree with Reb. Before you shut the idea out completely, why not take a poll of the truck drivers and see who would race those two dates? It may grow from there. I do not have a dog in this hunt, but the Texas Pro Trucks may have only two dates down in CC for '07, but may grow for '08... It is a long way to the start of the '08 season, and you never know where it will go if it is shut down before it even starts...

JMHO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Rusty made all the agreements with the tracks (THR, HMP, CCMS)and got back stabbed from not only a couple of the track owners but a few drivers. why would he waste anymore time and effort trying to put on a race at Corpus just to get back stabbed again? What he was trying to doing was keep the trucks a touring series now theres going to be a few trucks divided between two tracks that are not running the same points system. one idea is to start a Dirt truck series divide the trucks even more, race more tracks, and save a ton on tires.

http://www.highdesertvideo.com/media/LC093...inFinish_01.wmv

Rusty obviously went into all this with good intentions.... but.... Any promoter of a touring series has to deal with the tracks that are in his/her geographic area regardless of intentions. In this case two of the three tracks had other plans for the trucks.

Houston ran their own version of the trucks in 2006, so it was only logical that they would continue with them in 2007, especially now that the USRA Trucks Series ceased operations.

And THR has been developing a close working relationship with HMP over the past couple of years. Their decision to run the Houston trucks four times at THR is hardly surprising.

Rusty stepped up and tried his best to save a series that he loved. Nobody should fault him for that. It just didn't work out the way he planned.

Nick

There are 14 remaining truck races at HMP and four truck races scheduled at THR.

I have been waiting for some official statement from THR/HMP regarding the other classes, but if someone from either track wants to jump in here, that would be helpful.

Nick

Are the trucks an every week local class at THR or just 4 times in the season.

and can some ome tell me whats going on with all other classes(mods,sportman,road runner)

Regarding the other local classes, they announced at the meeting last night that they would have some information posted within a couple of days.

In summary, the SAS grand stocks can run pretty much as-is with the exception of the camber rule (only 1" allowed at THR.)

The Roadrunner cars will run as their own class if they can sustain an acceptable car count. The question was asked about what an acceptable car count # is. I think they said 10-12 minimum. It sounded to me like they left the door open for this class and the hobby stock class to possibly run together in the future if everybody agreed with that, but for starters they will run by themselves.

The SAS Sportsman cars will have to make a few changes to run the THR Super Stocks. From memory: Roller tip or stock rockers only, convert back to drum brakes, engine in stock location. The electric fans weren't discussed, but they may address that when the written stuff comes out.

The SAS late models can run with either the HMP pro late models or TSRS late models depending on the front clip/steering configuration.

I hope I got the facts right. These are from memory and WAY less than official.

Rusty obviously went into all this with good intentions.... but.... Any promoter of a touring series has to deal with the tracks that are in his/her geographic area regardless of intentions. In this case two of the three tracks had other plans for the trucks.

Houston ran their own version of the trucks in 2006, so it was only logical that they would continue with them in 2007, especially now that the USRA Trucks Series ceased operations.

And THR has been developing a close working relationship with HMP over the past couple of years. Their decision to run the Houston trucks four times at THR is hardly surprising.

Rusty stepped up and tried his best to save a series that he loved. Nobody should fault him for that. It just didn't work out the way he planned.

Nick

Houston had their own truck class in 06?????? I dont think so.

So let me get this straight........back when USRA lost races at HMP and CC the drivers complained/whined/cried about it no longer being a "touring series." Now Rusty steps up and tries to get things back on track(no pun intended) and drivers don't want a "touring series" anymore.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :angry:

Is it any wonder that pavement racing has been in such turmoil.

So let me get this straight........back when USRA lost races at HMP and CC the drivers complained/whined/cried about it no longer being a "touring series." Now Rusty steps up and tries to get things back on track(no pun intended) and drivers don't want a "touring series" anymore.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :angry:

Is it any wonder that pavement racing has been in such turmoil.

he was also working on a proposal to race Witchita with the USST truck series. but there again most racers understandably said it was to far. but it just go to show ya he was trying very hard more then any promotor in a few years.

I guess now everyone has found out that running a Racing Series isn't as easy as everyone might think. The 2 years that Jon and Rose City Racing ran the Truck Series, we probably went to more tracks than any of the other regions in the ARTS National Series. THR, SAS, HMP, CC, Wichita Falls, Altus, Missouri, Dodge City, TMS(road course), and National Events in California and Virginia. With the cost of fuel and all of the wear and tear of traveling, it has gotten to where most people can't afford to race very far from home. With that being said, when we were racing the Series(every race for 6 years), we traveled at least 200 miles or more one way just to race. The cost of racing, even in the Truck Series has risen for numerous reasons (rule changes, mandatory tire dealers, fuel costs, traveling expenses, etc.) and purses and support of the Series has went down. Back in 1999 and 2000, we ran "B" mains at THR just to get the truck count down to 24 trucks.

The best way to handle this IMO is to get as many trucks to run at HMP and at THR and try to build the series back to maybe where it once was. The more trucks you can get, the better the show. The better the show, the better the chance more people will maybe want to participate. 8 or 10 trucks really isn't a very good show to watch.

I want to commend Rusty for his efforts to try to save the truck series. When we held races at HMP, they didn't pay the touring series purses. We had to get sponsors to pay the purse. Rusty, if you want this series to live again, use some of your contacts and try to get some sponsors to try to help with the purses and maybe that will give you better bargaining tools with the tracks and you can maybe pay a little better purses so it may be worthwhile to travel to a different track and race again.

Allof this is just my honest opinion from an outsiders view who use to be on the inside of the promoters side of things. Rusty call Jon and talk to him. Maybe he can give you some ideas. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS YEAR.

It is going to be awesome to see Mirth racing this Saturday in H-Town. Do you need any help in the pits this weekend, I might circle back by the track on my way back from Vegas. The good news is since you have already won the USRA points title you can add 3 more points championships this year, Houston, Austin and the combo meal. Are you going to have any autographed gear in Houston this weekend for the fans, I may be interested in some stuff as I decorate my media room.

DER, Me guess me not as dumbed as I thot. I screamed dirt for the trucks a long time ago :lol: beginning 2004 I think it was...... been yellin' it every year since and nobody seems to listen <shrug> :rolleyes:

Has a nice ring to it but I like Texas Independent Truck Series (TITS).

Gonna bring a whole new meaning to going two abreast into the corner..............................

DER, Me guess me not as dumbed as I thot. I screamed dirt for the trucks a long time ago :lol: beginning 2004 I think it was...... been yellin' it every year since and nobody seems to listen <shrug> :rolleyes:

Are you gonna bring yours ?

If I had known before yesterday maybe. It's hard w/ a 3yr. old & 7mo. old to do things on such short notice. Let's get together on this though 'cause I'm working on a lil' something myself. PM me if you have a chance.

Oh and log my vote for T.I.T.S. I about fell out of my chair when Rusty told me that a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

Archived