Texas Pro Truck Series

xcellracing

I regret to inform all the truck drivers that i had contact with that this series will never get off the ground.

Apparently, According to hmp and thr, alot of drivers contacted them and told them that either they didnt want a traveling series or did not want to race in a driver owned series. So they decided to make it local classes at both tracks with the same rules, Stating to me "you can still have your series and the same dates that we agreed upon", but of course that would be a tall order to race on the same night as the local truck class. To those of you that shared the same vision as I did for our once unique traveling series I am sorry it wont happen, Yes, that means I will be cancelling the Corpus Christi races on July 7th and Sept 15th. Any further questions should be directed to Hmp or thr.See yall at hmp this weekend.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man Rusty, you gave it your best shot. Keep all of the research, just put it on the back burner. Who knows, it could still be a possibility in the future. Thank you for giving it your all.

Question is...how many are going to show up at each track on any given night???? I'm thinking dont give up Rusty. Only time will tell! I just hope the death of truck racing isnt around the corner. Was really thinking of buying one, you would almost have to give me one now!

Rusy, I commend you for stepping up and trying to do something to take care of the trucks. It looks like your idea just didn't jive with what HMP and THR had already planned. I don't think it's completely accurate to call the trucks a local class. They are still just as much of a touring series as they were last year - two tracks (HMP and THR.) It may be that the tracks just felt like the existing trucks couldn't support your series AND what they had already planned between their two tracks. Keep the faith and best of luck in 07. You've started it on the right foot.

Chase it is two local classes one at hmp with like 15 races for points and 4 races at thr for seperate points and i guess 19 races for an overall champ(not sure on the structure for that yet), so yes if you want to go to 19 races to be an overall champ you could call it touring except that all the thr and hmp dates are back to back and a week is not enough time to change over to run at the other track.

Sure mickey, springs and shocks are different I run a different gear ratio(rpm limited 305) different banking requires diff. roll center and camber gain thr front strecth is longer than hmp concrete is diff than asphalt etc.., maybe if you are going for just one race sure you can get away with it, but when you are running for points against people like Green,roper,meridith,jim albert brent bell and such every hundreth of a second matters, cuz you know they are working and changing thier stuff to go faster.

That's what the truck series used to be when it first started in texas,the lone star series raced at tracks in texas,oklahoma and kansas and finished with a national race on the east coast and west coast.

Archived