Councelman Perez

Mona

I just heard on the news that councilman Richard Perez is wanting to fine businesses in his area for graffiti that is not cleaned up on their property. I wonder how high those fines will be? How about going after the ones that put the graffiti their? I guess this would have been another way to get to the track. Someone would have put graffiti on it and then they would have got fined.

Mona Turner

#19 Refugee Roadrunner

Punish the people that get vandalized with fines......that's just great.

How about cutting off a finger when caught.....after fixing what you tagged of course.

Sry...not Iraq...it's the land of the free and the home of the brave....where the criminal reigns supreme.

the neighborhood association where I have my shop has apparently gotten together with the city and worked out some sort of deal when someone gets caught "Tagging". the association comes to people who have had their home, business,fence and etc. tagged and offer to repaint them free of charge. on the release form it mentions the kids who will be doing the painting are performing "community service".

HOW FUNNY! The very little ^&^&^(^%^ that are tagging are being made to paint over it....

SOUNDS LIKE JUSTICE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry.

Yeah makes alot of sense to punish the victims, can we get a recal vote going on this guy like they did to the one in New Bruanfels that was trying to ban beer on the river??? BTW how did [edited out by Nick Holt, 4/5/07] like this get elected in the first place???

Yeah makes alot of sense to punish the victims, can we get a recal vote going on this guy like they did to the one in New Bruanfels that was trying to ban beer on the river??? BTW how did [edited out by Nick Holt, 4/5/07] like this get elected in the first place???
...you vote them in by not voteing against them ..so next time vote ..lol ..[edited out by Nick Holt, 4/5/07]...need to fine him anyway for not doing his job and getting the right poeple to stop this crap ...

..so next time vote ..

Too bad most of us aren't in his district - instead, we're out in the county (or even other counties).

But OT is right - for those in his district, make noise to the papers and make "noise" at the voting booth (assuming he isn't going out due to term-limits anyway)

Same for me, I am out in the county, and not sure which exact county as well concidering out property is right near where atascosa, bexar, and medina kinda all meet at.... LoL Well actually its bexar county but just barely, like by about 100 yards or so... LoL

LoL Wow I think thats like my first ever edit on here...

a spank never hurt anyone ,,i got one too and deseverd it .was not in good taste ...just chaps my a44 WHEN SOMEONE WANTS TO FINE THE INNOCENT.... JST LIKE GIVEING ILLEGALS RIGHTS AND LET THEM LIVE HERE WITH OUT SO MUCH AS A SPANK ...A LAW WAS BROKEN . AND BEFORE YOU ATTACK ME ON ILLEGALS .I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS FROM OVER THERE .THAT DID IT RIGHT ..NOW I HAVE TO GO DOWN SOON AND LET BANK OF AMERICA KNOW .I WILL NO LONGER WANT TO KEEP MY MONEY THERE .. GIVEING ILLEGALS CREDIT CARD IS ASKING FOR TROUBLE ..WHEN THEY GO HOME AND DONT PAY .WE PAY ..

here here OT! hurumph hurumph. I'm in the process of changing banks myself for the same reason.

oh yea, the topic... :blink: Councelman Perez was interviewed on the news the other night. I'm not sure as to the channel; maybe WOAI, but the story was about losing the identity of the southside with the closing of Mission Drive-In and SAS & if it was becoming more commercial like the northside. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) no, I call it progress. I was just passing by the tv, may have misheard it, but I'm almost 100% sure that's the word he used.... progress.

here here OT! hurumph hurumph. I'm in the process of changing banks myself for the same reason.

oh yea, the topic... :blink: Councelman Perez was interviewed on the news the other night. I'm not sure as to the channel; maybe WOAI, but the story was about losing the identity of the southside with the closing of Mission Drive-In and SAS & if it was becoming more commercial like the northside. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) no, I call it progress. I was just passing by the tv, may have misheard it, but I'm almost 100% sure that's the word he used.... progress.

LONESOME PROGRESS COULD OF WORKED IN SAS FAVOR .ROSIE THEY GO WHERE THE $ SIGNS ARE ..90 DAYS WHATS THIS ..IF THEY WANTED SAS TO STAY OPEN THEY WOULD OF COULD OF WORKED SOMETHING OUT ..IF NOT TOLD THEM IN ORDER TO OPEN YOU HAVE TO MEET THE CODES .....THEN MAYBE THINGS WOULD OF COULD OF BEEN DIFFERENT ..

Controversial Anti-Graffiti Proposal Scribbled Out

Will be 'tabled' after concerns raised about fairness

By Jim Forsyth

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The proposal would require homeowners and business owners to remove graffiti in a timely manner, or the city would have the ability to remove it and bill the homeowner. If the property owner did not pay up, a lien could be placed on the property.

From WOAI

Archived