Quote of the night at USRA/SAS Awards Banquet

NickHolt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ISNT it SO STRANGE WHEN SOMEONES BRAIN SHORTS OUT AND WEIRD THINGS COME OUT OF THIER MOUTH ... JODY JUST HAD TO SLAP HIMSELF ON HIS SHOULDER FOR NOONE ELSE CAN REACH HIM ON THIS MOUNTAIN HES STANDING ON .BIG WATCH OUT .DONT SLIP ..CONGRATZ JODY ...

Speaking on behalf of the San Antonio Speedway/USRA staff, I hope all of the drivers and their families had a good time at the banquet last night.

We were impressed by the camaraderie that was shown among the drivers, staff, etc. Although the competition gets serious on the race track, it was great to see so many of the drivers interacting well with each other throughout the evening.

We know we've been through some really tough spots during the past couple of years, and we're hoping that we're finally turning the corner. We all have a common passion for the sport of stock car racing, and it takes a lot of people working together to make it a success.

We'd like to reiterate our thanks to all of the SAS and USRA drivers. We know it takes the support of our drivers to put on a great show for our fans. We realize it takes a lot of commitment, both personally and financially, for our drivers to race at San Antonio Speedway and with the USRA. We feel our drivers are our most important asset, and we know we can't run without them!

Congratulations to all of the champions - Joe Aramendia, Mark Mathias, JR Eichelberger, Jody Wayne Stuart, Chris Davidson, Billy Becka and Steve Green. Also, congratulations to Mona Turner for winning the Kevin Suberg Humanitarian Award.

We know we'll continue to face many challenges going forward, and we hope we can continue to count on our drivers, crews and fans for their support.

And back to topic of this thread . . . Jody's opening remark was definitely the highlight of the event . . . you just had to be there to appreciate it!

A couple of rather important items emerged at the USRA/SAS banquet.

1) It's official. SAS has dropped the NASCAR sanction.

2) Rick Day met with several Super Late Model drivers who were at the banquet. It's not official, but things are looking good for an "outlaw" SLM race in June.

Nick

I would like to take this time to thank all that was involved in the SAS Banquet. It was a wonderful night. I would also like to thank SAS staff for the Kevin Suberg Memorial Humanitarian Award. It was a very big surprise. I feel so honored to be chosen for this award.

Thank you deeply,

Mona Turner

#19 Roadrunner SAS

2) Rick Day met with several Super Late Model drivers who were at the banquet. It's not official, but things are looking good for an "outlaw" SLM race in June.

hhhmmmm, thats interesting, right after ther other deal falls apart.

Guess we know why now. Guess if I was in the click I would of been informed

Nick

Doug O'Neal said they were unable to come to agreement .. if this isn't Doug O'Neal's deal being resurrected, then I don't want anything to do with it .. I spent too many years fighting another organization that claimed someone elses work as their own .. don't need that aggravation again...

Dug sold some satelites asking questions. He was probably just the front man guaging interest. Those satelites go blank every time it rains anyway. Cant beat good old cable. Racers dont know this, but you can register to be a Direct TV dealer, put it on your car and get $100 for every person that you sign up. GO check it out. SIgn up a few people a week and bam, your tires are paid for.

Dug sold some satelites asking questions. He was probably just the front man guaging interest. Those satelites go blank every time it rains anyway. Cant beat good old cable. Racers dont know this, but you can register to be a Direct TV dealer, put it on your car and get $100 for every person that you sign up. GO check it out. SIgn up a few people a week and bam, your tires are paid for.

Towmader

I will try not to take a negative aspect of what you are saying but here is the truth

Your good ole cable get their feed from SATELLITE go look for yourself at the cable company and they do not go out evry time it rains in fact they seldom go out if you have PROPER INSTALLATION.

And I have two stores in the SA area and we are the largest DirecTV dealer in the area and the FIRST PREFERRED DEALER IN TEXAS!

I really don't think you know what your talking about as to being a dealer but I run an offer for guys to sell for me and they get $100.00 and yes there is your tires if you sell a couple a week. (racers at SAS or THR are welcome to this just call me or PM me)

And as being a front guy lets determine what the word front means if it means- just a local name and biz to stir some action your wrong

If it means the FIRST person to PUBLICLY say I want to put on a SLM RACE then your RIGHT.

MONEY WAS ON THE TABLE like I said Don't know who you are I at least sign my name to what I say

SLM drivers there are folks working on races this year and ..............THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY!!

Doug

Towmader, hey keyboard jockey.........I took Doug up on DirecTV deal he offered. I have had NO problems with it. The rebates/discounts had a little lag time before they showed up, but I talked to Doug about them one day and had them show up the next week. Now I get the same channels for 44.95/month instead of good old cables 64.00/month. If you like throwing money away, throw it at someone with a racecar needing a sponsor.

My only complaint is no local weather feed, but they are working on adding something for that.

Doug is a straight-up guy and puts lots of money into local racing. You need to get your facts right before you flap your gums!!

towmader,

I agree with Jay.

Hill Country Satellite installed my DirecTV service before Christmas. I was very pleased with the professionalism in getting it installed, and I've had no problems with it. We had several storms in January, and my service was never interrupted.

I'm really glad that Doug hooked me up - at a great rate.

Even if the satelite feed drops during a storm,it searches out and finds it's signal again in a matter of minutes.Once cable is out,shut off the tube for the night because it's gone for hours.Satelite is almost half the cost if you have a full package(half of cable's $200+).I have talked in depth with Doug.He is shooting straight when it comes to his love of racing.He has been going to the races since he was a kid,and now that he has built a buisiness that can afford him to help out the sport he loves,he is going to make the best of it.Hopefully despite all of the negative.........well,you know.

BTW...if you have an HD tv and are using cable....do not think you are getting the potential from that expensive toy.....you are recieving second hand signals.

I'm sure no one but the people that were involved knows this, but when I was general manager at SAS, I called Doug to see how much it would cost to put cable at the track so we could have the NASCAR races on tv the same nights we were racing. He came out, I explained what I wanted to do. Two days later one of his installers were out there putting in not one, but three, connections and reciever at no cost to the track. Doug

did not have to do that, but he liked the idea of trying to get people to come to the track and watch the local and cup races.

Terry Barden

i dont have hill country satellite, but i do have direct tv and have been surprisingly pleased with it.......i was also skeptical about it going out every time it rained, because my parents have satellite and it does go out everytime it rains..........but since i lie out in the stick i cant get cable tv, so i went with the satellite and i have had minimal problems.........only twice have i lost signal during a storm, and they were big storms.......every once in a while it will search for a satellite connection in the middle of a program, but not too often.........i am glad i went with it because i now get all of the channels i had with time warner, plus 6 hbo channels for less than time warner........if i had known about doug before i got mine hooked up i would have gave him a call, because if i can give my money to someone who is supporting local racing, i would be all for it..........

Archived