TPS post race wreck @ SAS this past weekend

BigDish2

Oldtimer,

What do you do for a living????

other than spent 15 years in the oil field 12 years in auto repair . 3 years as owner operator .in fed ex . i injoy myself in auto part sells . raceing side been in the tps type cars for 25 years .around raceing in some form 45 years . and believe it or not i am a nice guy .. how about you .you seem to be a nice perso.

I believe it 100%.

I was just wondering what you did because I thought I had a lot of posts on here with 500 and I logged on april of last year. You , on the other hand, have like 900 since January of this year. So I was hoping you could get me a job. :lol:

I am a nice person. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. A tad bit annoying but nice as all get out. :ph34r:

im a pain but someone has to be and i work all different hours and heck i try to toon in my typing skills here .does not seem to help thow .and shoot i dont keep count .and you not annoying to me . i will vote on me being that way . good day .

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MESSAGE TO JACK DISHMAN

PUT YOUR GLASSES ON AND RE-READ MY POST. I IN NO WAY SAID I WAS JUSTIFIED FOR HITTING THE #1 CAR. I ONLY MENTIONED THE THR INCIDENT BECAUSE NOBODY EVER CAME OVER TO EXPLAIN WHY I GOT DOUBLE DISHED. (#20 was not the leader) JMO BUT YOU OWE THAT ONE TO #1 NOT ME.

Oldtimer,

other than spent 15 years in the oil field 12 years in auto repair . 3 years as owner operator .in fed ex . i injoy myself in auto part sells . raceing side been in the tps type cars for 25 years .around raceing in some form 45 years . and believe it or not i am a nice guy .. how about you .you seem to be a nice perso.

I believe it 100%.

I was just wondering what you did because I thought I had a lot of posts on here with 500 and I logged on april of last year. You , on the other hand, have like 900 since January of this year. So I was hoping you could get me a job. :lol:

I am a nice person. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. A tad bit annoying but nice as all get out. :ph34r:

i think oldtimer is in competition with himself to see how many post he can put up per day :o

TPS 48

LETS DO THIS LETS SIT DOWN AND WATCH THAT RACE TOGETHER WE FILM ALMOST ALL THE RACES THATS WHY I HARDLY EVER POST ON HERE BECAUSE WE CAN GO BACK TO THE FILM AND CHECK IT OUT AND SEE WHOS RIGHT OR WRONG

THE ONLY RACE WEVE MISSED IS THR RACE THAT MAZ 1438 KEEPS TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE OUR FILMERS COULDNT MAKE IT

AND AND THE LAST 6 LAPS OF SAS LAST SAT. WERE THEY RAN OUT OF FILM AND DIDNT SEE MUCH USE OF RELOADING WITH THE 2 CAR OUT AND 1 CAR LIMPING TO FINISH

Oldtimer,

I believe it 100%.

i think oldtimer is in competition with himself to see how many post he can put up per day :o

no way jose. just figured i would give you something or a person to talk about .if you dont read what i say youll never know im here . :D

TPS 48

AFTER WATCHING THE RACE FROM THR

I REALIZED YOU WERE RIGHT AND I WAS WRONG ON WHO WAS LEADING THE RACE YES YOU WERE CREDITED WITH LEADING A LAP EVEN KNOW ON FILM YOUR REAL LEAD LAST ABOUT 8 SECONDS BEFORE YOU WIPED US OUT

JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOU WERE RIGHT ON THAT ONE

AND BYE THE WAY I'D FORGOT YOU WERE THE 1 WHO BLASTED ME OUT OF 2nd PLACE IN TURN 3 AND TORE MY LEFT SIDE DOOR AND QTR PANEL UP AND BENT MY LEFT REAR WHEEL ON YOUR MAD DASH TO THE LEAD

THANKS FOR THAT ONE 2

DUMB STUPID FILM JUST DOSENT SEE IT YOUR WAY AT THE END AND I'VE SHOOK THE HECK OUT OF IT JUST FOR YOU

HAVE FAMILY WEDDING THIS WEEKEND CAN'T MAKE THR

HAPPY RACING ;) JACK

First off let me say that I have no irons in this fire, at SAS I was no more then another fan sitting there with my girlfriend watching the race. I have no prior experience with either driver and to be honest have not had a real strong opinion on TPS since it was TIDA, I just enjoy the car counts and watch the races. That said my girl who has been to less then a dozen races in her life commented during the first race on the driving of the #1 car being much more aggressive then necessary. It was also obvious during the second race that he was, as far as two unbiased fans could see from the stands, taking shots at multiple cars during the race. In my opinion the only way damage to any cars could have been avoided would have been trailering the #1 car 1/2 a lap into the first race. The driver of the #1 car wants Neil or Mr. Knotts to respond to this baiting, well if his driving is any representation of the kind of person he is then I can see why they would not wish to respond. I did not remember that it was the #1 vehicle involved in the brutal and from my point of view intentional crashing of the #74 car at THR, but after that being brought to light it amazes me that this kind of driving went on as long as it did. The probation Mr.Knotts seems necessary but unfortunate, but I can’t help but think after those two incidents that everyone will be safer the longer it takes to get the #1 car back on track.

First off let me say that I have no irons in this fire, at SAS I was no more then another fan sitting there with my girlfriend watching the race. I have no prior experience with either driver and to be honest have not had a real strong opinion on TPS since it was TIDA, I just enjoy the car counts and watch the races. That said my girl who has been to less then a dozen races in her life commented during the first race on the driving of the #1 car being much more aggressive then necessary. It was also obvious during the second race that he was, as far as two unbiased fans could see from the stands, taking shots at multiple cars during the race. In my opinion the only way damage to any cars could have been avoided would have been trailering the #1 car 1/2 a lap into the first race. The driver of the #1 car wants Neil or Mr. Knotts to respond to this baiting, well if his driving is any representation of the kind of person he is then I can see why they would not wish to respond. I did not remember that it was the #1 vehicle involved in the brutal and from my point of view intentional crashing of the #74 car at THR, but after that being brought to light it amazes me that this kind of driving went on as long as it did. The probation Mr.Knotts seems necessary but unfortunate, but I can’t help but think after those two incidents that everyone will be safer the longer it takes to get the #1 car back on track.

That would be why I went a head and let him pass me under caution that first time. If I remember right, I wasn't even a lap down for that first one. But I had to consider if I wanted to become part of the wall's decor. McDonald's doesn't pay enough to fix a wrecked race car. I would think it says something when a guy who has three starts in TPS already knows of someone who seemingly would just take me out for being a lap or two down. But both the 48 and the 1 have said it's now water under the bridge, so lets get to talking about THR.

adam78 - Good to see the ole bug do so well in the first race. Per the TPS report, you finished 18 of the 20 laps, and started 15th and finished 8th. Cool deal!!

Thanks. I was pretty happy about that 8th place finish. Although, I think it was the endless cautions that kept me from going more than two laps down. I'm slowly picking up and learning things. These last three races were the first three I've ever sat in a racecar. I'm hoping for more of the same at THR. How's the 19?

You are doing good for a new driver. Sorry we didn't get the chance to talk a little more at SAS, but you looked pretty busy early, then we had the head gasket blow.

Lack of time this week forced me to farm the work out to the shop. I called last night, it was still apart, and he had just taken the head to the machine shop. I didn't think it got too hot, but the shop said the head was warped. They hoped to get the head back today, and get the car back together and to me by end of business tonight. :unsure::unsure:

Just a little worried, but not much I can do about it at this point. I have faith they will get it back together.

You are doing good for a new driver. Sorry we didn't get the chance to talk a little more at SAS, but you looked pretty busy early, then we had the head gasket blow.

Lack of time this week forced me to farm the work out to the shop. I called last night, it was still apart, and he had just taken the head to the machine shop. I didn't think it got too hot, but the shop said the head was warped. They hoped to get the head back today, and get the car back together and to me by end of business tonight. :unsure::unsure:

Just a little worried, but not much I can do about it at this point. I have faith they will get it back together.

My first practice with the 78 back in I think early April, it threw a fan belt and one of the pistons got a little hot. We just got the engine put back together the night before the April 29th race. A lot of things that I was warned about with that car and the trailer haven't really happened........yet, lol. I'm just glad I've been able to race, period. I hope to see y'all out there this week.

19 we worked hard to get our car right to night you best be at kyle . and it sounds like the 78 has a good brain above his elbows .keep crawling you will learn better that way . atleast you dont thing your dale earnhart yet .

19 we worked hard to get our car right to night you best be at kyle . and it sounds like the 78 has a good brain above his elbows .keep crawling you will learn better that way . atleast you dont thing your dale earnhart yet .

Thanks, oldtimer. I'm getting a little more comfortable now that I'm starting to earn the respect of the vets. Which is one of my three main goals for this year: 1) earn the respect of the other drivers, 2) finish as many races as possible (since a couple of'em I haven't), and 3) win Rookie of the Year.

Archived