TPS post race wreck @ SAS this past weekend

BigDish2

TPS current track record holder @ SAS rearended by the #48 car and sent head on into the wall after the checkered flag totalling the car.

If your car was totaled with possible motor damage after the checkered flag would probation for the other driver be enough punishment? For a supposed message tap! Any kind of intentional bumping after a race where the other driver even admits he did it on purpose should not be allowed. I don't care if the car is totaled or just spun out it's still wrong!!!

To top it off I received no apology from the driver or explaination from our race director on why he hit my car after the race.

See link below for full story, details, and pictures.

TPS Race results

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a spectator in the stands, I saw what provoked it. As the #1 and the #48 were coming to the checkered flag, the #1 was taking the inside lane, leaving the outside open. The #48 tried to pass the #1 way on the inside, driving onto the front straightaway apron. The #1 saw this attempt and turned left into the #48 to try a block the inside passing move.

i hit someone when i was raceing i allways let them know why .that night .why i did it if it was on purpose i said it if not i told them i was sorry . i believe in getting it out that night . it lets them know how i fill .and i had a few drivers who really admired my driveing . [ not ]. but anyway if your man enough to wreck someone .then you should be man enough to admit it . and atleast call the other guy up and take care of it .nothing worst than a sore that festers . cuz it can always infect a lot more .

We left early due to mechanical problems so I guess I missed all the action.. Something doesn't make much sense though, per TPS rules, the inside is the "move over" lane for slower or lapped cars. That doesn't mean that all passes for position will be done to the outside.

Somehow I can't see two cars racing for position and having the lead car "move over" to let the other by...

Guest bigfat

Question: If everyone that ever blocked got stuck in the wall after the race was over how many cars do yall think there would be racing in any class???

Answer: Very few.

Question: If everyone that ever blocked got stuck in the wall after the race was over how many cars do yall think there would be racing in any class???

Answer: Very few.

the last car that hit the wall would be the winner .id say .why dont we have a minnie stock racecar demo .that would be a new one ill be the first one to buy a ticket .i have seen poeple block in tps .and seen cut offs and pushing .and so forth .it happens in all raceing .but you have to be smart where your going to get someone .but one thing about this it cost a man a high dollar car . not good but we also dont know the rest of the story .only they do .

We left early due to mechanical problems so I guess I missed all the action.. Something doesn't make much sense though, per TPS rules, the inside is the "move over" lane for slower or lapped cars. That doesn't mean that all passes for position will be done to the outside.

Somehow I can't see two cars racing for position and having the lead car "move over" to let the other by...

to me if your slow dont be up in the way when a faster car is comeing at the same time when its me comeing up on you id rather you stay put as to not get in my way by moveing cuz i already decided where i want to go got wrecked a few times cuz they move over out of my way . .you as a driver has to be smart about this you know when you are not fast enough.

For one I'm thankful for not being injured just sore shoulders from holding on to the steering wheel.

I'm glad I was not hit by a ford or other large displacement motored car that weighs 600-800lbs more than most other vw's(#48)/cars in the class I can only imagine how much more damage there could have been, hopefully the motor is not screwed up that bad, somethings wrong with it though. Leads me to this anytime you have cars with a difference of 600-800lbs that bumps or touches lighter car it amplifies the contact. If it were my car @ 2500lbs intentionally rearending, and sending a 1700lbs car head on hitting SAS wall, imagine what kind of damage or injury it would cause. I believe I would receive more than just probation due to the kind of accident that would occur.

Mr. UpChurch has issued probation then so be it. Imagine if your car was totaled after a race going back to the pits. Possibly $5000 if the head is not messed up down the drain because of POST RACE B***SH***T.

Still no feedback on why this happened from anyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure #48 had to go to the pressbox and explain to Neil what happened so it would be nice to hear something from somebody.

.If your car was totaled with possible motor damage after the checkered flag would probation for the other driver be enough punishment?

To top it off I received no apology from the driver or explaination from our race director on why he hit my car after the race.

And yet when the #74 car was in your same situation after Kyle, i dont believe you ever came to him after the race to explain what had happened. And yet when the shoe is on the other foot, you want answers. :P

No one came by our pits or has called to check on anything!! Nice huh.

Just stuff like this from Neil

Bryce:  I resent your public post on TXSZ today.

"Oh and Neil appreciate you and your officials for checking on the status of your driver and car that was hit into the wall after the race".

I think your public shots were unprofessional.  You apparently don't know how things work, so I will  tell you.  

The car is messed up along with motor just not sure how bad yet on the motor. Probably will not run it again this year or ever unless I redo the front stub. Have an old school pinto that just needs motor to bring it to life. We'll get the #2 car fixed first and then worry about mine.

Maz1438

And yet when the #74 car was in your same situation after Kyle, i dont believe you ever came to him after the race to explain what had happened. And yet when the shoe is on the other foot, you want answers.

He should know what happened. He got loose out of turn 4 and went sideways and then came down the track where we t-boned and we both went into the wall tearing up both cars. What else do you want to hear. It was a racing wreck not a post race incident.

BRyce,

You are attempting to engage Mr. Upchurch in a public debate about his decision to place three drivers on probation for rough driving instead of a more severe punishment. I doubt very much, however, that Mr. Upchurch will be responding to you on here since I am aware that you and he have exchanged emails about this matter earlier.

In addition, I believe Mr Upchurch has explained his decision to place three TPS drivers on probation for rough driving in another thread.

I also understand how tempting it is to use TXSZ as a way to gather support for your position. But, in reality, putting pressure on race officials on here rarely works. An open, honest dialogue with the person involved usually is more effective.

And thanks for resizing those pictures!

Nick Holt

Nick,

You are in Maine and were not at the track, right?

I just want to know what happened after the race and why #48 tagged the rear of my car that sent me head first into the wall going back to the pits???? SAS is no place for such action. If probation is all we receive for such incidents that's all I need to know for future reference.

Bumping after the checkered flag where does that fit in rough driving seems more intentional to me. Why would anyone be driving against another car after the checkered flag anyways? Shouldn't everyone be slowing down to go to the pits? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Seems like I would have received a call or explanation from someone. I've had to explain to Neil what has happened in an incident before so I guess that email hasn't been sent to me yet. Not pressuring anyone just wanting an explanation on WTF happened and if TPS officials concur with this type of post race behavior.

Thanks

Bryce

From my vantage point in the stands, it looked like the #48 purposely tagged the #1 in the left rear bumper cover (not a straight hit from behind). It was a significant hit, but didn't seem to be hard enough to cause major damage to the RF of the #48. I was completely surprised when the #1 veered hard right into the outside wall. Either something broke on the #1 or the driver over-corrected after being bumped in the LR.

Archived