TPS post race wreck @ SAS this past weekend

BigDish2

Guest bigfat

I think there was more than one tag. I saw one in the middle of 1 & 2 but not real sure if there was a str8 up push of the #1. Only 2 people know.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY PACECAR

THE ONLY THING YOU CAN HOPE FOR WHEN YOU COME OFF THE GRASS ON SLICKS IS YOUR CAR IS POINTED IN RIGHT DIRECTION WHEN YOU HIT THE ASPHALT. HE FIGURED THE CAR WAS GOING TOWARD INSIDE WALL SO HE TURNED RIGHT AND THE CAUGHT GRIP AND OFF TO THE WALL HE WENT.

HE PROBABLY TOOK OFF HIS RACING HAT AFTER THE CHECKERED FLAG BECAUSE HOW OFTEN IS SOMEONE BUMPED IN THE LR GOING INTO A TURN AFTER A RACE IS OVER. :P

the dishmans are the biggest complainers in tps next to steven carpenter. and i've seen byrce dishman take out donnie moore half a lap after the checkered flag at thr last year and then slam someone directly into the wall at thr too. he said it was hung throttle. yeah right.

as far as i'm concerned, bryce got exactly what he has had coming for a long time. and if i was neil i wouldn't let either one of them run in my series.

I know Mr. Dishman asked for comments about the post-race incident, but this thread is turning into a bash session. Some bashing the TPS race director and some bashing the drivers involved.

Bashing is not permitted on TXSZ.

Nick Holt

Guest bigfat

2 wrongs = a right???

Retaliation is how NASCAR policies that type of situation. They've got the $$ to fix their cars. Not sure it's the right way to handle the situation in local boy short track racing but it hasn't happened to me, YET.

RAMEY 60

I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN @ CC THE FOLLOWING WEEK WHEN DONNIE AND BRYCE HIT @ KYLE LAST YEAR WHEN DONNIE (BEING THE MAN HE IS) TOLD BRYCE AND I HE DIDN'T SEE THE CHECKERED FLAG THAT'S WHY HE WAS STILL RUNNING FULL SPEED 3/4 OF A LAP AFTER THE CHECKERED. THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT BETWEEN THE TWO. THIS HAS BEEN PUT UNDER THE BRIDGE ALREADY. AS FOR YOU AND NEIL YOU GUYS NEED TO QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST.

AS FOR THE OTHER INCIDENT YOU BRING UP LOOK AT EARLIER POST OR FILM OF THAT RACE.

He should know what happened. He got loose out of turn 4 and went sideways and then came down the track where we t-boned and we both went into the wall tearing up both cars. What else do you want to hear. It was a racing wreck not a post race incident.

AS FOR MY SELF I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AND IF I DO THEY DONT CONCERN YOU. AND AS FOR AS YOUR OTHER

COMMENT I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I COULD DO TO MAKE TPS A MORE RESPECTABLE SERIES WITH NICE LOOKING COMPETITIVE CARS NO MATTER WHAT THE RULES HAVE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO :P

Question: If everyone that ever blocked got stuck in the wall after the race was over how many cars do yall think there would be racing in any class???

There is a difference between blocking and hitting someone when they are side by side with you and are passing you due to them being a faster car. But again, i can refer back to a previous post i made in that if asked, what percentage of yellow's has the #1 caused during this season and how many times has he been giving a warning and placed on probation for this (rough driving). The simple fact is that most are only speaking of the incident with the #1 and #48 after race #2 and forgetting about the other cars that the #1 car attempted to put into the wall as the were passing him on the outside during both races.

bryce i was there at thr and we all saw that th 70 car was at full speed when you suddenly pulled down in front of him and i was there when you put another car plumb into the wall. maybe your story has changed, but that nite you said the throtel stuck.

and ive watched you try to block, put other people in the wall and cause a bunch of cautions.

what u ar trying to do on here is make neil look bad and trying to make youself look like the vitim. i dont know niel but from eveything i've seen he has some class and makes good decisions for 30 years. [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/17/06]

maz - i agree with you. this guy has a histoy of ruff driving and causing caution flags.

maybe his (#48) throttle stuck---bumped ya.......sent you spinning down towards the infield wall....the car found some bite and shot you UP into the wall. I guess if the #48 would have been coming around you...you may have collected him on you way up.

sorry to hear about all the damage....glad your okay.

All I've been wanting or asking is why the #48 tagged after the race?

Probation is all any of us would receive for a post race hit then so be it like I said before but what happened is all I want to know.

Maz and Ramey get your facts straight before you try to blast me there's always 2 sides to the story like with #70 car in kyle last year. It was discussed between us.

Everyone is going to have a bias opinion towards there (car,team,driver) one way or another and these other situations have already been handled. As for #74 I didn't not make him almost loose it in kyle and then shoot down the track where he is broadside in front of me and the impact shoved the hood back and hung the throttle. We both hit so it was not good for either of us. Neither John or I enjoyed fixing the damage for sure.

As a H.S. Math teacher with 2 kids, I, one do not have the money nor the time to be intentionally tearing up a race car. (Ramey60) by your post you said I got what I deserved. I never heard of someone getting rearended after checkered flag a good thing. If there is a problem all they have to do is be a man and come by the pits and straighten it out. Retaliation is not the way to go but seems like you think is was warranted. None of us make $ from racing but surly do hate to waste it on non-sense act.

Nobody deserves a car torn up intentionally but if that is the way you(Ramey60/Maz) see it have you right to your own opinion as I do. I've helped out and got parts for too many other drivers to be singled out and let someone take my car after a race when we should have been slowing down heading to the pits.

I've been involved in incidents before some my fault some others not. Nothing was said when another car clipped my rearend coming out of turn 4 on the last lap in SAS early this year sending the RF of my car into the wall I beleive we were both racing for position under the green flag as we both were doing early in the race.

Not trying to make Neil look bad but do think an explaination on what happened after the race was over should be given. But if I never get an explaination I'll come to my own conclusion on this matter.

Goodluck to everyone in Kyle.

Here is my opinion even though it really doesn't matter. If a car stuffs a car at any time on purpose it is complete BS. It shouldn't happen at all.But if you come on a website begging for pitty be sure that you are not someone who has dished out the same thing you are complaining about. This could all have been solved if Neil would have been there to give him a hug when he got out of his wrecked car. Get over it this is not the last time it will happen especially if you are a rough driver (not saying you are). You will not win races if this stuff sticks in your head. It will only make you want to retaliate. Get one clean race past you and then the two of you can talk about it.

Poorboy,

Good response you hit the nail on the head. Should of be taken care of that nite but wasn't for some reason.

Your reply should be the last one on this matter. Don't want pitty just wondering what happened because haven't been told. The wreck shouldn't have happened after the checkered flag.

Bryce Dishman

TPS #1

you knowmike and brice can fix this all it takes is a phone .call .brice deserve to know why .and maybe he made a driver mad so you let each other know what it was .it does not matter if you like the two drivers . if you got a problem with them talk to them . and for anyone to sit there and bring up well you did it to my driver .and so and so gets no where .and it seems to me those drivers in earlier wrecks dont have a problem whith each other .and i cant see mike taking out brice for anyone else.

but you know what .what has this wreck got to do with other wrecks.that may have happend with other drivers .makes no sence to me .. this is about mike and brice not don not john not us not lalo not you not me just them .

Maz and Ramey get your facts straight before you try to blast me there's always 2 sides to the story

As i see it, the only thing i have been trying to give out here are the facts and trying to let everyone that is reading this B/S the whole story and not just your self-pity side. I dont dislike you, your father or any other driver/team in the TPS and am not trying to bash/discredit you in anyway. I only feel that your facts on certain races (avoidable contacts) are inaccurate,self bias and one-sided. I agree with poorboy in that this whole thread was uncessary on your part and you would have been better off just trying to take this up with the #48 car or Neil instead of trying posting your displeasures and trying to stir things up within the TPS.

this is about mike and brice not don not john not us not lalo not you not me just them .
Very true oldtimer, but you also have to take into account who started this post, purpose of this posts, and what did he want to accomplish out his post.

Maz, your right but haven't received anything though. Started topic for an answer of what happened because I didn't get one and still haven't??????????????

It's all I wanted from Sat nite until now and would have avoided this whole situation. I think anyone would want an explanation, wouldn't you?

Bryce

I agree that you needed/deserved an answer or response by the #48 car or Neil on this matter, but i dont agree that this is the place for you to beef your displeasures on what had happened that night or make an attempt to discredit the director or officials for not taking more serious actions against the #48 car. You need to make contact with the #48 car or Neil in private and not in this forum.

Then what is Neil or Mike waiting for, that's what I want to know? That's why I'm displeased with the whole situation. You have a car wrecked after it's rearended and not a word is said. Seems sorta supicious to me or even curious of why I haven't heard anything.

Mazz,

I have received 2 emails and sent 2 but no explanation. I wouldn't start this type of thread if I already received feedback from Neil or Mike. See where I'm coming from!

Let me start off by saying that I never intended to put Bryce #1 in the wall. I hit him after the checker flag going into turn 1 but I did NOT push him into the wall over in turn 2. Mr. Pacecar hit the nail on the head. It is my opinion based on years of racing Mr. Dishman that he fully intended to hit my car rather than let me pass him. I could hide behind the excuse that my throttle stuck or that I didnt see him (that works for some people)My contact to his left rear spun him to the left toward the infield, but he turned back to the right with right foot on the gas,not the brake. I firmly believe it was his intention to hit me back if he could. I have always raced people the way they raced me.

It has also been my experience that after an on track incident that going into the other party's pit to apologize ends up with trouble more often than not. I did not think an explanation was in order as I never recieved one when my car was totalled while leading the last race at THR last year by the #1 car. (he took out the top 3 cars in that incident )

My personal opinion is that Mr. Dishman has no respect for anyone racing against him and if you want to pass him or get in his way you will pay a heavy price. Give no respect to others and you get no respect.

It is unfortunate that the #1 was torn up so bad and I am sure that Mr. Dishman thinks that he is not to blame.

Its always someone elses fault.

JMO Unless there is a drastic change in his driving style and self control we TPS drivers can only look forward to more torn up cars in the future . Ask any driver in TPS if they are relieved or worried when the #1 pulls in the gate. Ask any TPS driver who they would rather race 25 laps door to door with? TPS#48 or TPS#1?

Any way, Its not my intention to turn this into the Texas Whine Zone. Some may not agree with my opinion, thats OK. We will just agree to disagree. This is just my side of the story.By now it should be water under the bridge.

Thanks Mike for your explanation.

Just a little startled when hit going into turn 1 at SAS of all places needless to say I'm sure you didn't intend for me to go in the wall just like I didn't want to be there. As for trying to hit you in return I did everything I could to keep it from going into the inside retaining wall and ended up in the outside either way I getting one of the two walls. Luckily being a teacher I have some time off right now and I did not intentionally spend over a week of my vacation only to have my car torn up or anyones elses car for that matter. Honestly if you or any else thinks I enjoy rebuilding a tore up car is ludicrous. I'm pretty sure no one enjoys doing it if they do let me know.

Like I said on the grid to you before we started the race I just want to take the car home in one piece almost happened. Also, if there was a problem before hand about something else you could have let me know.

I've made some bad judgements and decisions in the past who hasn't but none of them intentionally taking another driver's car out. Not worth the time or effort we all have in getting a race car ready only to tear it up.

JMO, I just don't agree on how you handled it nor would I have expected you intentionally hitting me after the checkered. None of this makes it right to intentionally bump someone after a race but like you said it's water under the bridge and what is done is done! :ph34r:

Bryce Dishman

TPS # 48

THANKS MR KNOTTS FOR FINDLY POLKING YOUR HEAD OUT AFTER READING YOUR POST YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT QUITE

BUT SINCE YOUR POST SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE JUSTIFIED IN PAYING THE 1 CAR BACK FOR WHAT HAPPENED LASTYEAR IN THR AS PART OF REASONING

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING SINCE YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOOK MY FRONT END OFF OF MY CAR WITH YOUR NITROS KRAZED KAMA KAZE STUNT THE 1 CAR DID EXACTLY WHAT WOULD BE EXPECTED OF A SLOWER CAR WHO HAD THE LEADERS COMING AND COULD NOT MOVE DOWN BECAUSE OF CARS INSIDE OF HIM HE STAYED TO OUT SIDE AND LEFT ROOM FOR THE REAL LEADER OF THE RACE #20 HAVE A CLEAR TRACK BETWEEN HIM AND THE INSIDE SLOWER CAR

NOW AS FOR THE WRECK YOU CAUSED BY DRIVING WAY OVER YOUR HEAD I WILL TELL YOU THIS THAT TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR ACTION IN SAS OVER THR IS BS

BECAUSE IF WERE GOING PULL CRAP LIKE THAT, IN MY INTERPETATION OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THR IT WOULD SOUND LIKE I OWE YOU 1 OF THE SAME AND IT WOULD BE JUSTIFIED

TPS # 2 JACK DISHMAN

Oldtimer,

What do you do for a living????

other than spent 15 years in the oil field 12 years in auto repair . 3 years as owner operator .in fed ex . i injoy myself in auto part sells . raceing side been in the tps type cars for 25 years .around raceing in some form 45 years . and believe it or not i am a nice guy .. how about you .you seem to be a nice perso.

Guest bigfat
Oldtimer,

What do you do for a living????

other than spent 15 years in the oil field 12 years in auto repair . 3 years as owner operator .in fed ex . i injoy myself in auto part sells . raceing side been in the tps type cars for 25 years .around raceing in some form 45 years . and believe it or not i am a nice guy .. how about you .you seem to be a nice perso.

I believe it 100%.

I was just wondering what you did because I thought I had a lot of posts on here with 500 and I logged on april of last year. You , on the other hand, have like 900 since January of this year. So I was hoping you could get me a job. :lol:

I am a nice person. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. A tad bit annoying but nice as all get out. :ph34r:

Archived