Thunderhill DQ's Streetstocks?

shracey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of you see me on here putting my two cents in.I've been involved in racing for over 30 year as a driver and a owner and now for the last 2 years I make my living as an Official on an International level and I do tech and take care of race day operations and running the event from start to finish.Just this past weekend I teched or helped to tech over 275+ cars in one day in multiple classes and believe me,till you have done it,you wouldnt understand what all is involved.All a racer has to worry about is his car,PERIOD.And alot of them dont even know the rules for their class or their car,PERIOD.I spend alot of time explaining and showing what a certain rule means to alot of driver and owners and crewmen,and alot still dont get it.Alot of times,it boils down to getting down to the level of the person you are trying to explain it to so they get it. A tech offical has to know every rule about every class that is racing in the event in every class and know the answer to every question that is asked by every racer and crewman running every class.I dont claim to know it all,but I do read my rule book from front to back several times a month and try to know the answers to the question if asked and answer it on the level of the person asking it so they understand it.Whats good in my sport is we do pre race tech,during race tech and post race tech.So we know when you started you passed tech,and drivers know we are going to check during the event and after,mess with it and change something,we are going to catch it,our rule of thumb is,you may out smart one of us,but you aren't going to outsmart all of us.

not a lowblow-some people just have different terms they use,and you have to know the way they are thinking,rules get twisted several different directions when they only go one way,the same for everybody

I believe Jack is the best Tech we have ever had.Jack has always been fair

and even handed me my only DQ,the left front was 1/4 inch to low.I don't

know all the paticulars on what happened Sat. night so I won't comment

on that part.If anyone ever has a question and asked Jack will always give

you a honest answer.

Archived