Thunderhill DQ's Streetstocks?

shracey

I work at an automotive shop and along with all my other job duties, I order parts. I just got off the phone with a Chevy Parts distributor, and I asked for a frame-mounted spring. Boy was that a stupid thing to do, because they all had a good laugh. “It doesn’t exist. How about I get you some blinker fluid?” she said. Question, if that is so, then how can the THR, Tech, DQ someone BOBBY #2 for a frame, when it is a spring? Please explain!!!

Can the spring make you gain ½ a lap?

How can they DQ the 02 car for race damage, which he has had for the past couple of weeks?

How can they DQ #3 car for, well I do not really know why they DQ’d the #3.

How can they DQ the #99 for a weight bolted onto the rear of the frame?

All things I just mentioned were found to be under specs for the frame.

These people go out and race their hearts out, they try to put on the best show they can. They are all very dedicated to THR. So why is it that THR can do this to them?

I think that it would be advantageous to have a, driver sponsored, person to go to bat for them. Not one person at that track is going to take care of the drivers.

90% of the drivers wanted to get rid of the last comp director; at least you know where he stood. I am blown away!!! I cannot believe that the track would allow such a blatant move by the tech department. I am so disappointed in THR, but more so of the tech department. I thought more of them. This is not the first time and it will not be the last, you drivers need to get a hold on things because it would be very easy for the tech department to have, or get a “GOD” complex, if it does not already exist.

This is my opinion and only mine. If anyone has a problem with what I just wrote, you may take it up with me. I am a big girl and can stand on my own two feet. I respectfully value my family’s privacy and at no time are they to ever, be held liable for anything I say or write.

Tracey Teer -SS #2- BT sister

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my bad, the #99 and 02 NOT DQ'd. ;)

Hope I didn't cause you guys any grief. :rolleyes:

Tracey Teer SS #2 BT Sis

Your purch is part of frame height, but your spring is suspension.

Tracey Teer - SS#2 - BT SIS

Sure lets DQ three of the most dedicated street stocks ever at THR for some insignificant rule.

The streets are the last of the real race cars that run out at THR and have continued to put on the best races, year in and year out. Go ahead and cut your foot off and run these last loyal weekly (ha!! 9 weeks a year) racears and their fans away!!!! I and many mamy others have raced years ago and probably still would be if we had not been screwed week end and week out in the past.

The purse is less now and the cost of racing has skyrocketed. A small number (check the car counts)still gut it out and continue to pour their time and money into racing. I applaud them for their efforts!!!

Sorry for the venting, but I have continued the dream of racing for years, but every time I go to the races or hear this all of this stuff, I believe I am right for not pursuing it!!!

After the DQ's I went to the tech man and asked for a detailed discription of what was involved in the ride height rule. I highly recommend if a person is not 100% positive about a rule they ask. Had I had all cylinders and been a contender I may have been DQed also for a left over bracket that used to hold lead. I have known our tech man for years and he is by far the fairest tech person I have EVER dealt with. He takes no pleasure in DQing drivers. He really hates to do that. And HE HAS NEVER HAD A GOD COMPLEX. I know how hard it is to get DQed for something that wasn't a blatant attempt at cheating...I had it happen to me and I didn't like it at all...I was pitted next to your brother and did talk to him afterwards...or should I say I mostly listened. I hope he can put this behind him and be back for the next race.

WHEN JACK ROLLED THAT THING UNDER THE CARS HE HIT HE HIT BOBBY'S SPRING AND THAT IS WHY HE DQ'D BOBBY. I GUESS YOUR SUSPENSION CAN'T BE BELOW THE FRAME, BUT FRAME MOUNTED THINGS CAN. I AM SO CONFUSED ON WHAT THEY DO IN THAT TECH DEPT.

AND FAST 18, WHAT DO YOU MEAN LISTEN?

TRACEY TEER SS#2 BT SIS

Bobby was venting his frustration ! What am I supposed to say ? I felt his frustration and didn't think I had anything to say to MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER ABOUT IT !!! You want to talk to me about this call me 512-554-6033. or if Bobby wants to talk to me have him call.

CAN WE RUN THE SAME SET UP OR DO WE HAVE TO CHANGE ALOT OF THINGS?

TRACEY TEER SS#2 BT SIS

What was illegal about the spring?

Nothing was illegal about the leaf spring itself of the #2 car. I think that's important - he was not running an illegal spring. It was just too low as a result of the car being lowered 1" that week prior. If the inspection wheel doesn't roll under the car, you're considered too low. Jack normally checks the ride height at random locations in front of the rear tires. Bobby's leaf spring happens to be in that zone. We had a weight bracket built behind the LR tire to the left of the fuel cell that was not checked during tech - the ride height inspection has never involved that area. The bracket was checked at the request of another competitoor AFTER tech and did not clear the 4.5". I feel bad for everyone involved in this situation and hope everyone returns. That being said, I don't think this issue should be argued over the internet, because this thread already contains multiple untrue facts. If anyone wants to discuss what really happened in the tech garage, contact myself, Cary, Bobby Teer, any of the other drivers involvded, or the tech man. That's my suggestion. However, even doing that may not get you the whole picture unless you've been in the driver meetings this year to hear the clarifications made by Jack on multiple occasions regarding ride height and the way he checks it.

Chase Stapp

Chase,

Thanks for making that suggestion to take it up with the parties involved. I would have made the same suggestion, but I was at a client's office all morning and only had a brief moment to get on TXSZ to comply with a member's request to remove some foul language in another thread.

You gotta love family members and fans who feel the need to defend their loved ones here on TXSZ. Unfortunately, they don't always have all the facts.

Nick Holt

Chase,

Thanks for making that suggestion to take it up with the parties involved. I would have made the same suggestion, but I was at a client's office all morning and only had a brief moment to get on TXSZ to comply with a member's request to remove some foul language in another thread.

You gotta love family members and fans who feel the need to defend their loved ones here on TXSZ. Unfortunately, they don't always have all the facts.

Nick Holt

NICK, I DO NOT NEED TO DEFEND ANYONE. I HEARD IT FOR MYSELF THAT SOME OF THE TRACK MEMBERS DID NOT AGREE WITH THE TECH. MAYBE YOU AND CHASE STAPP NEED TO SPEAK WITH THEM!

TRACEY TEER!

AND YES THEY LOWERED THE SUSPENSION, BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FRAME SPECS.

TRACEY TEER

P.S. MAN CHASE, NO TE NOHES, THAT MEANS DON'T GET MAD, I SAID I WAS SORRY ABOUT YA'LL BEING DQ'D NO NEED TO GET MEAN! I DID SAY ALOT OF NICE THINGS ABOUT YOUR BRO, DID YOU NOT READ THE 1ST POST!

OH YEA GO CALL BOBBY!! REAL BIG, DID YA NOT SEE THE 1ST POST?

AND YES THEY LOWERED THE SUSPENSION, BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FRAME SPECS.

TRACEY TEER

P.S.  MAN CHASE, NO TE NOHES, THAT MEANS DON'T GET MAD, I SAID I WAS SORRY ABOUT YA'LL BEING DQ'D NO NEED TO GET MEAN! I DID SAY ALOT OF NICE THINGS ABOUT YOUR BRO, DID YOU NOT READ THE 1ST POST!

Tracey, I hesitated to post anything because it is hard to convey emotion via e-mail. I've read my post again and can't find anything there that seems to indicate I was mad. I was in fact trying to make it clear the Bobby was not running an illegal spring. My suggestion that people contact myself, Cary, Bobby, Clint, or Doug was only intended to keep people from arguing about this on TXSZ. The issue was argued at length in the tech garage on Saturday and I'm sure the argument continued between Saturday and Monday. I just don't think it makes sense to continue it now. Your posts, on the other hand, seem very pointed and emotional. If that's not what you intended, please take that as an example of how the internet does not convey emotion well at all.

I've already written more than I intended to on this topic, so I'll leave this alone from now on and hope that I can visit with you or any other interested people in person about this rather than on the internet.

Chase Stapp :) (not angry)

Guest bigfat
Come down to SAS and race. Tech has been fair under the new GM. The sportsman class is putting on the best show. Your team will have a blast.

Not so quick. :D

Archived