Thunderhill DQ's Streetstocks?

shracey

I have been dealing with this since the season started this year it seems that jack has confused us and his self with the rules this year. I had two weights bolted under my frame on the left side of my car since it was built before last year.Jack came to my shop and seen my car while in the prosses I asked if it was ok because the rule states that the lowest point of "frame" not anything else has to clear the ride height rule .He said yes that is fine I COULD RUN THEM THERE. Then this year after the first night he told me I had to move them or raise the car so they would clear the ride height, BECAUSE SOMEONE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT. So that is why this has happened you can thank the person (I wont mention) for that .The next week in the drivers meeting Terry Barden and Jack explained that everything has to clear exept exaughst and a- arms so not sure why or how they could D-Q Teer for the leef spring. That makes no sense! Just my .02 And also would like to apologize to the four that were involved that night about the comment I made with out having all the facts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come down to SAS and race.  Tech has been fair under the new GM.  The sportsman class is putting on the best show.  Your team will have a blast.

Not so quick. :D

come buy a truck bobby...............the tech is a breeze.

Come down to SAS and race.  Tech has been fair under the new GM.  The sportsman class is putting on the best show.  Your team will have a blast.

Not so quick. :D

come buy a truck bobby...............the tech is a breeze.

I've got one for sale... Oh heck rules say " No Soliciting!!!"

Ace,you state "the lowest part of the frame".When you bolted the weight under the "frame",it seems that now, the "weight" is the lowest part of the frame and would need to clear the ride height

before every race there are two things that i do specific... Go to the scales.. and go visit jacks wheel...

Its amazing how you can make little changes and not think about the effects.. and they bite you...

Example.. the #4 SS was too heavy on the rear at the 1st race of last year... so to comp for that.. a 10# weight was put up near the LF control arm. that lowered the car less than a 1/8th of and inch and we didn't know it till Jack rolled the wheel under in "Post Race Tech" ending result... DQ...

Jack is very willing to check over things and answer questions... you just have to get the answers before you got to post race tech...

I don't think he should get bashed for doing his job.. and everyone should always double check themselves...

Like I said I was not bashing anyone I was told it was fine that way and ran it that way a whole season being on the tech pad every night and it was fine then someone complained about it and they changed the rules after the second race and anounced in the drivers meeting that everything exept a- arms and exaughst had to clear and Aron I too check my car before we race and I call Jack all the time before I do anything that would be quistionable like I said he comes to the shop from time to time if I want his opinion on something.

In case anyone is wondering, I was DQ'd because the 4-1/2" inspection wheel hit the second hex nut on a piece of all-thread that had a double nut for safety reasons. The ballast is not bolted to the frame or anywhere close to the frame. My frame height is approximately 4-3/4"+.

Insert from the rules regarding ride height:

19.) RIDE HEIGHT

a) A 4 1/2-inch minimum ride height must be maintained at all times, measured from the lowest point on the frame to the ground

In my opinion, I met the requirements of the THR Street Stock rules. If technical inspection is going to be more specific, then the rules need to be written in a more specific manner. I understood the speech that was given in the driver's meeting to mean that weight bolted to the frame must not extend below the specified ride height. I'm guessing it was a misunderstanding on my part?

No disrespect to any offcials intended but I do hope they reconcider.

Thanks,

Clint LaFont

Driver #3 SS

LATERAL downforce will suck you right into the wall. Go for it!

Larry

I'm sure he meant reverse lateral downforce using inversion vectors secretly attached to the ionic generators that are cleverly disguised as bolts hanging down below 4.5 inches.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Shhhhhh! I dont have time to work on my own car, much less tearing down Bandits to incorporate the latest high tech gadgits that are designed to look like regular parts, Bandit comes up with enough ideas himself. I mean look our traction control that looked like a cooling fan never got caught last year and that was hard to make.

OK...I was asked to post this for Dean Sandefur. This is for my husband and for Thunder Hill Raceway. I feel that neither need defending. My husband is a good man trying to do the best he can in a difficult situation every race day. If any of you had to walk in his shoes (sometimes 12-15 hours per race day) and try to be as fair and straight with drivers, crews and car owners, I do not know if you could. I know that I could not do what he does and keep my cool !! As far as THR is concerned: The owners have gone beyond what they could do to insure that there is a great place to race in Central Texas. Not many of you know the hardships of the economy of being a track owner or promotor. You see that there is a good crowd, a pit full of cars and assume the track is making money. That is far from the truth !! If you want a place to race in Central Texas, you MUST support your track and the owners and officials or there will be none. Why do I not hear from the ones who appreciate the officials and owners?????????? Dean Sandefur

she's right................bobby is a friend of mine. jack is a friend of mine. jack has a job to do and he does it very well. i don't understand the economics of the track so i try not to even pretend that i do . but we are very limited as to the choice we have to bring our cars to race, and i'd be willing to bet it's because they do not fund themselves very well . if they did there would be one on every corner.

i think i understand what bobby is upset about , we've talked in length of some simular calls in prior weeks that he was not involved with on ride height , where he felt like some people got free passes when they were actually too low. nothing against jack or the track , but let people go one week and then hammer others another week or two later.

i have a ton of respect for jack and the track , and on that note........i am glad there is a stricter tech exsisting somewhere. it's no fun to know you are doing all that the rules allow you to do and yet you are continuesly having you doors blown off.

so i'm with jack , but i do understand bobby's point as well .............

in the long run , i'm for whatever keeps the competition square , and jack seems to be attempting that , wheater you like him or not.

teck men are not there to be popular nore are they there to be un popular .they are there to check your car out.i would rather have a teck man make a mistake then do nothing at all .teck men have to go through not happy emotions when they have to decide a matter .we would all go through that if it was us .i would not want to tell a driver that his car is not going to pass . thats why i am not one.

being a tech man seems to be a thankless job, and i surely wouldnt volunteer to do it.......whether he is fair or not usually depends on what side of the call you are on........if you are the racer who he just dq'ed for being too low, than he is the biggest sob that ever lived and you bad mouth him from here to china.............if you are the driver who 's car is 100% legal and you always get blown away by the guy who was caught, then the tech man is the best thing since sliced bread......i would much rather see a tech man stick to his guns and dq some people to keep it fair, than a tech man who bends the rules for certain people.........jmo

Shhhhhh! I dont have time to work on my own car, much less tearing down Bandits to incorporate the latest high tech gadgits that are designed to look like regular parts,

Actually, 44SS is blowing a little smoke here to disguise the latest research work in the Bandit racing shop.

We have spent the last several months trying to develop some kind of mood altering device that will allow 44SS to resume his racing career, or at least be able to come to the track. We have settled on one particular design, and we simply call it the "Kitchen Pass".

Unfortunately, the first design has not worked at all, so we are looking for ways to modify or re-program the device to work with MRS. 44SS. We, at Bandit Racing, realize that this is one tough task at hand.

Nick, If you have any ideas here that may help us in our quest to get 44SS back on track, let us know.

what i wanted to say in my last post.......but just kept rambling. i 've been racing for 11 yrs. alot of tech guys have teched my stuff , jack in my opinion is the best..........he has busted me , even barred me for 2 weeks at one time. but trusted me if you run him off you are gonna regret it. but if what i hear is true from bobby than i can see how he would be pissed. jmo

Nick, If you have any ideas here that may help us in our quest to get 44SS back on track, let us know.

Well, back in the '60's, we used to bake up some "special" brownies whenever we needed to alter the mood of our significant others. Worked every time. But those days are long gone - along with most of our significant others (we used to affectionately call them "old Ladies') at the time.

However, some things that have worked for the modern generation include:

1) Don't spend the grocery money on racing tires more than once a month, or so.

2) Try cutting the hay field (lawn, in non-racing families) at least twice a summer. This is good for many, many "honey do" points.

3) Once in a while, come home from the shop before 4 a.m. For an extra bonus, cut down the nightly beer consumption to an 18-pack instead of a full case.

4) Learn the names of your kids. Nothing makes your good woman prouder than to hear her hubby call the kids by their given names instead of "Hey you."

5) Remember all the dates that are important to her. You know the date of your first main event win. Why not make a special effort to recall her birthday? Aniversaries are a bit harder to remember, so don't even try. Besides that, if you actually remember your aniversary, you just make the rest of us look real bad...

6) Next time a hail storm is forecast, let her put her car under the tree beside the house. You probably won't have to pull your racing engine in the rain anyway.

Well, I hope these words of wisdom help get 44SS back to the track soon.

Nick Holt

Posted on Jun 7 2006, 06:42 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (NickHolt @ Jun 7 2006, 07:22 PM)

Nothing makes your good woman prouder than to hear her hubby call the kids by their given names instead of "Hey you."

I Thought 'Hey, You' was his name...

Actually, Nick and Rosie,

44SS has a houseful of crumb snatchers; just added one last year; and at his advanced age, it is easier for him to just call them "hey you" #1, #2, etc.

Actually, my Anniversary is easy to remember. it is one week after Valentines. Since my wife works in the floral business, I never have to buy her anything on the 14th, as she has had enough of it by then. but I better remember the 21st.

As for her birthday, the fireworks on the 4th of July remind me that there will be another display of exploding dynamite if I forget the 7th.

Archived