Donnie Moore wins 4th in a Row

Donnie Moore wins 4 TPS Races In a Row at THR

Thunder Hill Raceway, Kyle, Texas (April 29, 2006)

By: Neil Upchurch, Texas Pro Sedans – Race Director

The Texas Pro Sedans touring series returned to Thunder Hill Raceway on Saturday night, April 29th. It was their first appearance of five scheduled races during the 2006 season at the 3/8 mile, D shaped asphalt track in Kyle, Texas. TPS presented 18 four cylinder stock cars at the THR pit gate for the fourth TPS event of the year.

Jack Dishman and Donnie Moore won their TPS Qualifying Heat Races. Dishman earned the feature race pole position in his #2 Ford Mustang. Donnie Moore won the second Qualifying Heat Race and won the front row outside starting position in the #70 VW Scirocco.

The Texas Pro Sedans Feature Race winner was Donnie Moore of Hutto, Texas. It was his fourth TPS Feature race victory of the Texas Pro Sedans 2006 season. Moore drove the #70 George Merrell VW Scirocco. Defending TPS Champion Sergio Hexsel was 2nd in his VW Rabbit and moved into 3rd place in the TPS point standings.

Five TPS drivers completed the race on the lead lap. Turning in creditable performances were:

Randy Larsen in his #53 “Herbie” VW Sedan. He placed 3rd. It was Larsen’s best finish in years. Joshua Tuttle notched 4th place driving his well prepared Chevrolet Cobalt. Tuttle currently holds the TPS “Rookie of the Year” points lead. 5th went to Mike Knotts who, with his wife Charysse, recently returned from a vacation in Italy and Germany.

In the worst crash of the event, Bryce Dishman’s #1 Ford Mustang shoved the #74 VW Scirocco driven by John Wasek the length of the front straight-a-way. Wasek’ s brand new car crashed hard into the end of the retaining wall and spun wildly into the grass above turn #1. Dishman explained the incident to TPS Officials in a post race office meeting called by Race Director Neil Upchurch. Dishman claimed his car had a hung throttle.

The San Antonio based Texas Pro Sedans touring series is conducting it’s 31st consecutive year of four cylinder stock car racing in Texas and the southwest. Eight more 2006 season races remain to be run.

The next TPS race will also be held on the Memorial Day holiday weekend at Thunder Hill Raceway on Saturday night, May 27. The event will feature three of the most popular touring series in the Lone Star state. The Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) the Texas Dwarf Car Association Cars (TDCA) and the Texas Pro Sedans (TPS) will take on the D shaped THR oval.

Complete official TPS Race Results and Point Standings follow:.

Finish Car # Driver/Hometown Car Type/Engine CC Heat 1 Heat 2 Laps

1 70 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX VW Scirocco/1690 1 20

2 20 Sergio Hexsel/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1984 2 20

3 53 Randy Larsen/Wimberley, TX VW Sedan/2165 5 20

4 4 r Joshua Tuttle/San Antonio, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2000 4 20

5 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX VW Scirocco/1648 4 20

6 29 G Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Mustang/2338 5 19

7 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Scirocco/1648 6 19

8 01(66) Ariel Arredondo/Kingsville, TX Ford Probe/2338 6 19

9 19 Lloyd Hart/San Antonio, TX Honda CRX/1595/4-Valve 7 17

10 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX VW Rabbit/1816 2 14

11 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX VW Karmen Ghia/2275 8 14

12 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2338 8 9

13 2 Jack Dishman/Devine, TX Ford Mustang/2060-svo 1 6

14 74 John Wasek/Austin, TX VW Scirocco/1628 3 4

15 84 r D. J. Roggenkamp/Lumberton, TX Ford Taurus/2030 7 2

16 1 Bryce Dishman/Devine, TX Ford Mustang/2349-svo 3 0

17 78 r Adam McLosh/Cibolo, TX VW Sedan/1835 9 0

18 33 Jamie Garner/San Antonio, TX 2005 VW Sedan/1649 dns dns

19 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 2001 VW Sedan/1588 dna

21 23 r Harry J.J. Osburn III/San Antonio, TX Ford Pinto/2338 dna

22 94 Harlon Hatcher/Converse, TX VW Rabbit/1784 dna

23 7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Pinto/2338-arca dna

23 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX Datsun 510/1800 dna

24 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX Ford Mustang/2338 dna

25 01 Eddie Orr/Weatherford, TX Ford Thunderbird/2030 dna

26 07 Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX Ford Fusion/2030 dna

Feature Race - Margin of Victory 1.41 seconds. Race leader: car # 70 led laps 1 - 20

dna - did not arrive dns - did not start, r - eligible for 2006 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

TPS thanks sponsors of Race # 4: Emerald Garden Nursery & Water Garden, Austin, Lanny & Sharon Masson of Kingsland, TX

Instant Imprints of San Antonio thru Larry Willis. TPS thanks Thunder Hill Raceway for hosting this race.

TPS Point Standings thru: Race # 4 - April 29, 2006

Point

Position Car # r Driver Hometown Total

1 70 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX -- 70 points

2 2 Jack Dishman/Devine, TX -- 44 points

3 20 Sergio Hexsel/San Antonio, TX -- 38 points

4 1 Bryce Dishman/Devine, TX -- 35 points

5 53 Randy Larsen/Wimberley, TX -- 34 points

6 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX -- 31 points

7 33 Jamie Garner/San Antonio, TX -- 28 points

8 4 r Joshua Tuttle/San Antonio, TX -- 26 points

9 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX -- 26 points

10 29 G Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX -- 20 points

11 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX -- 17 points

12 84 r D. J. Roggenkamp/Lumberton, TX -- 17 points

13 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX -- 16 points

14 19 Lloyd Hart/San Antonio, TX -- 16 points

15 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX -- 13 points

16 94 Harlon Hatcher/Converse, TX -- 11 points

17 23 r Harry J.J. Osburn III/San Antonio, TX -- 11 points

18 27 F Todd Farris/College Station, TX -- 11 points

19 11 Chip Harmon/Portland, TX -- 9 points

20 7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX -- 8 points

21 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX -- 8 points

22 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX -- 8 points

23 66 Ariel Arredondo/Kingsville, TX -- 6 points

24 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX -- 5 points

25 74 John Wasek/Austin, TX 5 points

26 27E r Frank Eggers/College Station, TX -- 5 points

27 78 r Adan McLosh/Cibolo, TX 3 points

28 89L John Leonard/Universal City, TX -- 3 points

29 89D r Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX -- 3 points

30 01 Eddie Orr/Weatherford, TX -- 0 points

31 07 Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX -- 0 points

r - eligible for 2006 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

REMAINING TEXAS PRO SEDANS RACES (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

May 27, Thunder Hill Raceway 2 Qual Heats, 20 Lap Feature Race

Jul 2, Thunder Hill Raceway (Sunday) 2 Qual Heats, 20 Lap Feature Race

Jul 15, San Antonio Spedway Twin 20 Lap Features - Separate Points each race

Aug 19, C.C. Speedway (tentative) Time Trials, LC Race, 30 Lap Feature Race

Sep 2, Thunder Hill Raceway 2 Qual Heats, 20 Lap Feature Race

Oct 7, San Antonio Spedway($1,000 win) Time Trials, 30 Lap Feature Race - SAS "Octobertfast"

Oct 28, Thunder Hill Raceway Time Trials, 30 Lap Feature Race - THR "Spectacular"

tba, 2006 Awards Dinner Location and details to be announced

Official Results and Point Standings certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Neil had it correct when he stated that the #1 car shoved the #74 car the length of the straight-a-way. As far as the #74 car getting sideways before the accident, that was due to the #1 car trying to win the race on the 1st lap and trying to overtake/push the #74 car. But then of course after making contact, he fails to let up and continues to push the #74 car into the wall. But, then again, he had a hung throttle. :lol: yeah ok

Guest bigfat

Some guy said that the 1 and 74 wreck was caused by the 22 dumping fuel all over the track. He was pretty adamant about getting it off the track. I think it was a non existant fuel cap.

In answer to the above comments or questions:

"Oldtimer" - Fortunately, John Wasek was not hurt. He says he isn't mad at #1. Because of the Austin Vee Dub frame and other facilities, he said his car will be fully repaired in time for the next TPS race at THR on May 27. Yes, Rico Gutierrez had another good race. He is a steady driver and currently is10th in TPS points. (call me)

"top dog" - Some people will think your "LOL" wasn't funny.

"bigfat" - The #2 was black flagged twice for leaking fluid. #22 was not observed by track officials to be leaking any fluid. #22 pitted on his own decision on lap 5 and again on lap 10 when he was out of the rest of the race.

Thanks to all for their interest in TPS racing.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

My wife taped the race,and you can see some great footage of the #74 wreck,and the #15 engine failure as well as this white bug staying with the front of the pack even with his rear brakes locking up :blink: .............Great race Donnie and Sergio,keep watching ya'lls rear view mirror for a red white and blue stripe with a #53 on the hood.....................see ya'll on the 27th..................Randy

Steven: You wrote -

"so 70 has won every race so far this year . is something being done to slow him up . or there things in the works to help the other cars keep up"

Lets just imagine that you are the head of TPS.

1. What do you do and what do you say to the very well prepared #70 driver, owner and crew?

2. Can you add weight or some other restriction to his type of car and not to others like his?

3. How do you explain that he is to fast when you look at the four new track records on March 11 at San Antonio Speedway when a OEM frame Mustang (#1) was fastest, a tube frame Mustang (#2) was 2nd fast, a BMW (#27) was 3rd fast and #70 was 4th fast at 4/10ths slower than #1?

4. How do you slow him down when his serious competition is either wrecking, blowing, getting black flagged for leaking fluid or making driving errors?

5. How can oem head Fords use more of a weight break when they got -250 lbs late last season which still stands?

5. How can you explain to all TPS members that even though not one of them is complaining, that you are making rules changes because a non-member by the name of Steven Carpenter is whining?

OK Mr. President Carpenter - how do you answer?

Neil

PS: It seems to me from reading about all the problems with Thunder rules at CC, that your time would be better spent by trying to influence that situation before their season starts in less than a month.

PSS: Attached is a TPS Member Newsletter that I would like to share with you - non-member. We are not doing to bad.

p.s i guess neil didnt like my comment

OK Steven Carpenter - most people would be mad at you for publishing my private e-mail to you, but I am not mad at you.

However, it is irritating that you didn't answer a single question when I asked for your expert guidance.

Steven - we expect some well written and intelligent answers to the questions.

If you are going to be the four cylinder racing expert you claim to be, you have to do more than just "cut and paste".

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

neil i was just asking a question .and your actions in the past should make you do something . cause when you let lalo run without a restrictor he ran 4 races won 1 race finished in the top 4 in the other three he wasnt kicking everyones tail . however you did make him put the restritor back on and slow his car down if donnie was driving a ford you would slow him down i heard a lot of gripping a couple of races ago when donnie past like 4 cars in the last lap people were saying he had to be running nitro .so neil im just asking is donnie that good or are you saying that everyone else is that dumb

My wife taped the race,and you can see some great footage of the #74 wreck,and the #15 engine failure as well as this white bug staying with the front of the pack even with his rear brakes locking up :blink: .............Great race Donnie and Sergio,keep watching ya'lls rear view mirror for a red white and blue stripe with a #53 on the hood.....................see ya'll on the 27th..................Randy

Randy yep we run a ford but i have to admit it you have got herby fast im starting to get the gebbers. :lol: believe it or not i am a fan of yours even even thow i want to blow your doores off every time we race you .but i got to admit you beat us in sa .you were where you needed to be at the end sorry we didnt get to race you in kyle .so i am pulling for you to win aslong as your not passing us to do it . jk :D the 7 crew that has to work harder to beat you .and what about that chevy getting fast to .yha makeing it hard guys .

Mr Carpenter, i have to agree with Neil in that instead of just repeating what he wrote to yourself, maybe you can/should answer all his questions that were addressed. And maybe Neil should addressed all these concerns to his members to get there opinions on these matters, because as mr carpenter stated, there are other "gripping" but not saying anything to you about it.

maz im just looking at the stats 1 race donnie won by over 10 seconds in another it was over 6 seconds these are suposed to be the best 4 bangers around you dont just blow your competitors away by that much now i never said i had a solution and all neil had to do was say steven we are doing some researce into the matter and nothing else probally would of beeen said but instead he sends me a private email i want it all out in the open so everyone can voice their comments

Archived