Donnie Moore wins 4th in a Row

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oldtimer Jessie will be ahead of me so I guess I can follow him if I make it. I think I will pit by 48 and give him his monkey back so I can have better luck. Lalo needs a bigger barbeque pit though. Mental note wait until tires warm up to really push the car hard.

48 has his own monkey .hope he and all of us get out of the jungle jive and get racing side . :blink:

dude i'm sorry..............[edited out by Nick Holt, 5/5/06] a question like that you feel deserves a response? honestly . do you think he is not being teched?

there you go................away for you to get out of putting up protest money , become the tech man .......then you can tech anything ,anytime on any car.

i have no dog in this fight............and i tell myself to just read and stay out of it [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/5/06]

thanks nick i red it before you fixed it .

you better go to church ........and wash those eyes out with bleach before what they saw corrupts that fragile ,over protected brain........is this a racing site or the howdy dudee marathon on tv land?

no but my son saw it .thats why i dont get to wild with words and i suppose most poeple do the same .what i say here on this web may not make any sence it dont to me sometimes but atleast people try to keep it clean with out calling others names .if i called anyone something not good i.am sorry .i .d say your a good person eventhow i dont know if we met before .we dont know how many young kids read what we say and my son hardly ever does .good day .

we race anything we can afford.

i've grown up watching donnie moore and it just kinda bums me out that he does not get the same celebratory reaction that joe armendia is recieving,

not saying joe doesn't deserve it , just that maybe donnie does as well..............without the same guy always crying on someone elses parade.

crt- are you getting ford backing? such a master chassis (see how it is spelt) builder such as your self should be able to make anything turn left and do it fast............donnie moore was a ford fanatic in the late 80's............now he is winning.

ps- if you get tired of eating the same thing all the time...........do you smear butter on it?

sorry hart but the .68 seconds is when he ran down 4 cars and passed them on the back straightway for the win . and if the fords were to be able to run the alum heads take the weight off ( thats been added to the cars)  and run 55% left side weight  i wouldnt say a word  but the fords are restricted  they did a R&D with the mustang for 4 races let them take the restrictor off and lalo ran with the leaders he won 1 race at corpus christi that is his home track so he knew the track better than you guys now you have donnie who is taking full advantage of the rules and blowing people away . sure they came up with some rules for the people who will run the cast iron heads  but there is a big difference between the alum head and cast iron head  if we wanna build the high dollars cars fine let us but when we run competative  dont start slowing us down

crt - Since you do not race anymore, and you do not go out to the tracks, I am sure you spend as much time combing the rules as you spend on here complaining about a series you do not run. Because I am sure you have the rules memorized, you probably already know, but for the other readers who may not know:

Here are some highlights from the 2006 rules:

1st - All Esslinger SVO heads have no restrictor plate.

2nd - All Esslinger ARCA heads got increased from a 38mm plate to a 40mm plate.

3rd - All OEM head Fords received either a 250 pound weight break or a 100 pound weight break.

You also said "sounds to me like hart and some others just want it to be a fwd class well it looks like you guys are going to get what you want as far as tps." No, that is not what we want. Any driver is free to choose whatever car they want. Homework and drive will put any car into victory lane. Herbie is a RWD, the Chevy is a RWD, the BMW is a RWD, and the mustangs are RWD. Did I forget any other RWD’s?? What does that leave as FWD some VW’s and a Honda, any others? How boring if it were all FWD or all RWD. All have the same chance to be in the winner's circle. All except those who do not own, maintain or drive a car at all… :o:o:o

Bottom line - I have yet to hear one driver get on here and complain. They have too much class. If any of them have a problem, they go to Neil directly. Based on facts, he makes changes (please refer to top of this post for examples.) In fact, the only voice I hear with any negativity is from you. We had this conversation last year, and I am sure we will have it again next year. I have it marked on my calendar.

SAME TPS TIME - SAME TPS CHANNEL!!

:ph34r:

To the TPS cave Robin, we've got some homework to do!!

NUFF SAID - GIT 'R' DONE!!! B)

I still think the Fords are faster than they are showing. At the March race at SAS the #1 & #2 mustangs blew away the field in time trials.

I didn't hear anyone complaining or putting up protest money then.

I guess thats only for FWD top qualifiers.

To understand where cRtstephen is coming from it helps to remember how the Carpenters ran the minis at c.c.speedway years ago. Back then the rules changed every week. Rules meetings were held and anyone attending the meeting could vote on them. Drivers, crew, fans, guy walking by, anybody. So if you missed the meeting or didn't bring enough voters with you couldn't win. So I think thats why a guy with no car in the race hollers so loud to get rules changed. Its allways been that way for him. None of us who are getting outrun by Donnie are complaining yet, I think he can be beat.

Certainly at SAS one of the Dishmans could beat him. If the 20 gets back on track, look out.

I'm with odtimer now . This is a dead horse. Looks like rain here.

JMEO

I have to admit I think the monkee likes me because I haven't had much time to work on the car. I think I can work harder to find him a new home. So if you and Jesse park next to me dont remove those bannana peels from your pinto. Ha ha

The wife and I leave next week on a cruise that gets back just before the next race. So I need to bust butt this weekend. Maybe the monkee will starve while I'm gone.

48 I sure as heck hope so got to whatch out for animal lovers .and you said to crt that the class back then was carpenter s class not really .yes pops was the spokesman but not the owner .no one owned the class 1989 we had no cars left .so pops and i spent all winter comming up with new rules we pulled alot of money out of our cars to get new drivers involved . jammie ran with us alot then .yes the rules did get ad justed at meetings but that was a good thing 1990 the track champion was a vw bug .and alot of those votes went for and against me and pops .i even voted for things that hurt my car but good for the class .i like purrity.i am a fair minded person .i used to and still do help drivers get better i help ed randy lee when he got started . .i would fix a drivers carb or drive their car .and the first words out of their mouth was what if i beat you .i said and still do say great then i did you somegood .Ps and no cant park next to you .wouldnt want people to think we are in kahoots with eachother :D have a safe trip.

With all this who needs COMEDY CENTRAL ?

There are a lot of thoughtful and inteligent comments, and then there are others.

Some people have many opinions with few facts.

Everyone is locked onto making the cars competitive,but there is a much simpler solution.Why not form an alliance with DPS and have them bring their radar to the track? Set a speed limit and send any driver that exceeds it to the back of the peck. DPS could promote safety while helping us with a thirty year old problem....

With all this who needs COMEDY CENTRAL ?

There are a lot of thoughtful and inteligent comments, and then there are others.

Some people have many opinions with few facts.

Everyone is locked onto making the cars competitive,but there is a much simpler solution.Why not form an alliance with DPS and have them bring their radar to the track? Set a speed limit and send any driver that exceeds it to the back of the peck. DPS could promote safety while helping us with a thirty year old problem....

[W hy DIDNT WE THINK OF THAT]

and they could hand out [DOTSL TICKETS.]

STANDS FOR DRIVEING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT . THAT WOULD BE A BREAK THROUGH . <_<<_<<_<<_<

Archived