SAS 2013

MikeReininger

If any of you out there have Nascar Late Models and think you will be on the 2013 schedule, providing there is one, you may be mistaken. I would suggest if you have an interest in ever running it at SAS again we start organizing now.

Mike Reininger

210-602-3072

This is a starting list of cars that have shown an interest. Who else has one that is interested? There are a lot more out there.

These cars are Nascar Late Models (see TSRS rules)

2- Creech

2- Teer

3- Reininger

5- Ables

6- Sowel

9- Hernandez

01- Sousa

23- Bendele

24- Reyes

50- Moczygemba

51- Menard

66- Hensiek

69- Wildchild

79- Aramendia

80- Alexander

92- Stanley

96- Wildchild

96- Farris

96- Farris (2nd car)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't plan on putting our late model back on the track due to the low car count. We are waiting to see which route to go but only being able to run one track is not worth the money.

Jeff Bearden

It would be nice if all the tracks would get together on this. The mods have rules that let you run anywhere. I know of 3 cars that didnt run because they dont have crate engines. I was told the drivers were polled and they said didnt want to race against open motors.maybe next year THR will allow late models to run with TSRS, maybe hmp will bring em back Maybe SAS will open the rules on engines.Id like to see em all run.

If sas wants more late models, there has to be a meet in the middle rule book. There are plenty of great cars lurking around here but only have open motors. Why not run them with a carb rule or weight penelties? Its more cars and more options. They put on a great show saturday but could of had more cars. Hopefully this will change.

Jim,

You might wish to talk to the management of the 1/2 mile New Symrna Speedway in Florida. In 2011 & 2012, they allowed their Limited Late Models to run with the 2750 lb crate Pro Late Models (ABC bodies). Their Limited LM used Nascar style Late Model Stock bodies, engines like the TSRS rules with a 7400 rpm chip, 2900 lb minimum weight, 56.0% max left, 67" max track width. Maybe this experiment worked well for them, or maybe not. Recall that we ran close to these rules in late 2006 at SAS, and Aramendia and Barker were setting fast times at the 19 flat second range.

My opinion is that such LLM rules could allow the old Nascar LM to compete with the Pro Late Models, but the Pro Lates would still be the winning combination.

Jim,

You might wish to talk to the management of the 1/2 mile New Symrna Speedway in Florida. In 2011 & 2012, they allowed their Limited Late Models to run with the 2750 lb crate Pro Late Models (ABC bodies). Their Limited LM used Nascar style Late Model Stock bodies, engines like the TSRS rules with a 7400 rpm chip, 2900 lb minimum weight, 56.0% max left, 67" max track width. Maybe this experiment worked well for them, or maybe not. Recall that we ran close to these rules in late 2006 at SAS, and Aramendia and Barker were setting fast times at the 19 flat second range.

My opinion is that such LLM rules could allow the old Nascar LM to compete with the Pro Late Models, but the Pro Lates would still be the winning combination.

I like this idea if needed could add 50 lbs to pro cars?

New Symrna was a lot like SAS when I saw it

but a lane wider. A lot of the good drivers down

there were running big springed cars in the supers.

I believe Dick Anderson was one of them.

From what was said they didn't fade on long races.

• 2 weeks later...
From what it looks like 17 and growing would be a great show.... and then add the pros with them if they could find a good balance between the two that would be a huge field of fun and fast cars together.....

Agreed...I would love to see that one

Archived