Talladega xfinity winner

arob

Ha Ha......That was funny too and wondered what NBCSN would do to cover it up.

I was at the Cup race yesterday and after about 3hrs of waiting out the rain out we headed to the parking lot and some college kids started it up and everyone started chanting it up for about 5 minutes, last night someone posted this: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/paulcrespo007_nbc-reporter-attempts-damage-control-as-nascar-activity-6850583234686812160-icXy

On 10/6/2021 at 11:45 PM, King237 said:

Great Pics Rails, I was about 200 ft before the start finish line 4 rows up from catch fence. Couldn’t go back Monday so using my tickets on weather protection plan in April 2022

I have been going to Talladega for quite some time now, but only the fall playoff race. And my campsites are on concrete so I really don't care how much it rains. I plan my days for a rainout so I can stay and catch the race. 

7 hours ago, rails said:

I have been going to Talladega for quite some time now, but only the fall playoff race.

I like the spring race too.....Been attending since 1991but not "loyally" as I've missed a few here and there. Fall races have a lot more on the line. I got hip to this  a few years ago and moved my seats lower to the track in Ivey section (from Lincoln) since they don't stand on the seats for 4hrs there which is annoying IMO

12 minutes ago, King237 said:

I like the spring race too.....Been attending since 1991but not "loyally" as I've missed a few here and there. Fall races have a lot more on the line. I got hip to this  a few years ago and moved my seats lower to the track in Ivey section (from Lincoln) since they don't stand on the seats for 4hrs there which is annoying IMO

I hear ya, I am in Moss Thorton a couple of rows from the top of the lower section. They tend to sit back down a few laps after the start or a restart. But your right it can get annoying. For the race on Monday there were a lot of folks around me that are not normally there, they were just moving to where there were open seats as a lot of people couldnt stay. I retain 6 seats for the race and had to run people out of them when I got to the stands. 

16 minutes ago, rails said:

I hear ya, I am in Moss Thorton a couple of rows from the top of the lower section. They tend to sit back down a few laps after the start or a restart. But your right it can get annoying. For the race on Monday there were a lot of folks around me that are not normally there, they were just moving to where there were open seats as a lot of people couldnt stay. I retain 6 seats for the race and had to run people out of them when I got to the stands. 

NEVER BEEN THERE ..SO this is good information for when we do .. just got home   from new mexico trip ..hit the caverns i wanted to go  back too after 60 years  finaly after 20 years telling my wife i wanted to go back .. we did i realized how much older i am from then .lots of walking ..and then to roswell and then the hot air balloon festival  .and then the grand canyon train ride and then to tombstone to finish off the vacation 2800 miles and 46 hours driving time in 6 days ..wow lots of fun .. also went to the unser museum ..great place to go learned alot about that family .... lorraine said what is next daytona  where i always wanted to go .. i said no  dega ,,,so all the information for next year i can get from anyone  would be great .. 

5 minutes ago, HiTech said:

NEVER BEEN THERE ..SO this is good information for when we do .. just got home   from new mexico trip ..hit the caverns i wanted to go  back too after 60 years  finaly after 20 years telling my wife i wanted to go back .. we did i realized how much older i am from then .lots of walking ..and then to roswell and then the hot air balloon festival  .and then the grand canyon train ride and then to tombstone to finish off the vacation 2800 miles and 46 hours driving time in 6 days ..wow lots of fun .. also went to the unser museum ..great place to go learned alot about that family .... lorraine said what is next daytona  where i always wanted to go .. i said no  dega ,,,so all the information for next year i can get from anyone  would be great .. 

Sounds like a fun trip. We took a long trip this summer as well. Hitech I have never been to the spring race at Talladega. But I can tell you that the fall playoff race has a lot of intensity to it in my opinion. This year they had Bull Riding in the infield, then they always have a concert on Saturday night. Which my campsites are very close to. Lots of different camping options, from very expensive, to a massive free lot across the street from the track. Next years fall race will be the same as this years, with 2 races on Saturday and then the Cup race on Sunday. I think the spring race just has a saturday xfinity race, then the Cup race. I will also be at the race in Ft. WOrth next weekend as well. But not sure how much longer I am going to continue to do that one. SMI does some of the dunmbest shit. 

1 hour ago, rails said:

Sounds like a fun trip. We took a long trip this summer as well. Hitech I have never been to the spring race at Talladega. But I can tell you that the fall playoff race has a lot of intensity to it in my opinion. This year they had Bull Riding in the infield, then they always have a concert on Saturday night. Which my campsites are very close to. Lots of different camping options, from very expensive, to a massive free lot across the street from the track. Next years fall race will be the same as this years, with 2 races on Saturday and then the Cup race on Sunday. I think the spring race just has a saturday xfinity race, then the Cup race. I will also be at the race in Ft. WOrth next weekend as well. But not sure how much longer I am going to continue to do that one. SMI does some of the dunmbest shit. 

THE TRIP WE TOOK was more fun than i thought it would be with the driving involved .but worth it  being around the balloons when they light up and take off was something and just like racers we love when fans come to see us after the races .... maybe  nick has a barn  up in main momma and i could bunk in if we go to main .. . i am sure he would have us a list of to do and donts .. . the do is cut this tree mow this lawn  rake the leaves  . the donts is dont have fun .. ..dega isnt all that far  and i seem to like that track   of all .. daytona is second in line .. and when we do travel it is always around this time of year ... never in the summer ..abiut every four to five years we take off some where .but getting older and its time to go where we havent been while we can .. my knees are going bad and soon enough i wont be able to get around like i need to .. so i am going to   put dega on top of  our next adventure list ,,my sister lives in lake charles and this trip will give us a chance to stop and visit and might go blow a tiny bit of cash while there ..

12 hours ago, rails said:

If you ever decide to go let me know. I may be able to be some help to you and your Mrs.

THank  you .. ..  havent signed and sealed the contract between us yet lol.. where we are going next year  .but one of the two races i am sure will be the listed vacation spot .hot topic right now . may make it a family deal here .. 

Edited by HiTech