Is HMP circle track dead for good?

liljoe0804

I thought there would be more discussion in regards to the future of HMP but it has been extremely quiet so far. I take this to mean one of two things. Either there is no work being done to try to open the track back up, this year or next, or someone is quietly working behind the scenes to get something put together and doesn't want to jinx it. I can respect the second and wouldn't ask that they jeopardize this by sharing anything, but if it is the first option I wish they would just come out and say it so people can make their decisions on what to do next. I have nothing against racing at CTS but it will take some scheduling and planning to make that happen. I foresee some of our local long time drivers packing it in and only racing at special events out of town. Sad to see the track and local talent being left to rot but I guess that is the unfortunate outcome of both the economy and the politics of racing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, toyotatim. If it wasn't for people, places and things, this world would be a great place to live.

But.... and here it is one more time... this is not anyone's invitation to start bashing, vilifying, booing or dissing the folks involved in the HMP situation.

Graham and David Baker are honorable folks but the deal they had to to sell the track fell through at the last minute for whatever unfortunate reason. All of the Baker's property had been removed from the facility and it was too late in the game to suddenly put everything back together again.

I know Graham Baker pretty well and know he loves racing and loves the HMP facility. I am absolutely certain that the Bakers will do the right thing at the right time, but at this point no plans have been announced. Second-guessing or passing around crazy rumors does no one any good and only serves to make life more difficult for those making decisions for the track, so let's refrain from engaging in rumors.

Thanks.

Nick

Feel free to delete the thread Nick, I wasn't trying to start a bash fest on here. I simply haven't heard anything as to the future of the track other than the initial announcement. I was hoping somebody with a bit of insight as to the plan might share a bit with those of us who are hearing all of the nasty rumors that have been floating around. I have and always will consider the Baker family close personal friends and would never intentionally do anything to create undo stress in their lives. I will seek other avenues to obtain the information I seek.

I'm willing to bet the Bakers are doing whatever they can to keep HMP going.If they were selling just sell this would had been a done deal.They are probably trying to sell to the right person who shares their passion.That takes time to find that person.Selling to the wrong person would not be a good thing.

No need to delete the thread, liljoe. It's just that most of the time when a legitimate questions gets raised, the boo-birds take it as their opportunity to pounce and rumor-mongers jump on it like a linebacker on a fumble.

Just trying to head off some of the negative stuff before it got started.

Nick

From Graham

Hi Kevin, longtime no see.

Yes, I'm well thank you. Working hard on several things in the hopes of getting the oval track up & running again.

It breaks my heart, after 15 years of my life getting it to where it was, & see it go downhill that quickly. I won't give up until it's running again as successfully or even more than it was.

God Bless.

Does that answer your question?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HMP is a great facility.

My hope and prayer is that things work out for the best for Graham and the many folks who are stakeholders whether they be fans, participants, staff or sponsors. There are folks who are able to partner with Graham and, hopefully, the will when the time is right for everyone.

Nick

I'm got a stock car and pro truck just sitting waiting for the gates to open...

2015 was a miserable year on many different fronts. I hope that once we hit the reset button on January 1st we can all begin to start anew...

One of the positives of sitting out has allowed me to get caught up with a very big honey-do list!!

I'm with you Scotty. I've been a spectator but would much rather be a gladiator!...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived