Track Promoter

Abel64

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Street Stocks on street tires was more competitive than the Hoosiers . If you buy new Hoosiers your going to be fast as hell compared to someone on a set 2 weeks old and with the street tires it didn't seem to make that much difference . I don't have a street stock but I have raced on "racing tires" and street tires and once you get your car figured out the street tires feel real good . J/S

Some things just die time to move on and find something that will work big heavy cars with lots on horse power won't work on CC anymore Doesn't matter what tire you put on them they are expensive hard to work on them with stock firewalls and boring to watch light cars with less power not as hard on tires easier to setup and drive Really don,t

see it ever making a come back without a big change in direction JMO

The G60s must have improved a lot because when the modifieds raced at CC some years ago the G60s would not last more than 1 nite.I have raced CC on street tires,Hooser slicks and retreads.The racing was better on street tires but my best speed was on the Towl City recaps.The Hoosers were more predictable but cost twice as much and lived less than the recaps.

Its seems the discussion is about speed V/s cost.I liked what Donnie Yocum used to say......"racing is expensive but Im not going to let you spend any more than you have to to race." That philosophy can still hold true today.Thats why I hate tronsponders,there overpriced and not necessary.Neather are expensive tires.The biggest problem with racing tires on asphalt is their lifespan.Thats why I quit racing in Pro Sedans,the compound they use now is faster new,period.The same thing in 1987 when outlaw ministocks ran 10 inch McCrearys,we turned times in the hi 14s but the tire bill was unrealistic.

The more it costs to race,the fewer can afford to do it.And yes,you build your business on the neighorbood you do business in.A friendly attitude helps too.

Doug i have heard that the slicks are gone after a couple of races so no pull offs wont be competitive with the newer tires but with the american racer g60's like what i run have lasted all season and i have re-grooved them as many as three times and it makes them almost like new.

Well let me be blunt and speaking as a fan.The racing on slicks may be exiting for the racer because of the speed but watching for the fan is B-O-R-I-N-G. Can't tell the difference between the race and hot laps.The best racing at CCS is the bomber class.They always have the car count and the racing is good.TALMS was pretty good but still pretty much single file.CCs is not a good high speed track.I just think street or G-60's is the way to go in terms of car count and quality of racing.That will also improve fan count.I bet the fans will not notice the cars being a 1/2 second or so slower if there was more passing. Look at NASCAR. The cars are very fast on all those one mile plus race tracks but the racing sucks most of the time.One of the best races of the year was the truck race at Eldora.I doubt the fans there didn't miss the fast speeds. Mr. Monroe deserves more than 4-8 car fields. Put the cars on G-60s and who knows how many may come over from the other place.Leave them on slicks 4-6 car fields will be the the norm. CCS doesn't need 15-20 cars a class.A good show can be had there with at least 12.The bombers prove that every race. To be blunt again it can happen if dirt cars don't have to buy slicks.It won't if they do.Good luck to CCS . I truly hope there will not be only 2 asphalt tracks in Texas next season.

No one was crying that I see, just having a conversation. Those 20 cars from SAS will not be at CC Speedway or SAS next season. I think these guys are trying to figure out why they are racing againt 6 or 7 cars every race and possibly how to change it.

come on HI tech waz up

YOU CALLING ME OUT LOL. YOU ALLS HAVE IT COVERED AND I AGREE WITH EVERY ONE ..SO I WILL TAKE NO SIDES HERE OTHER THAN NO CRY BABY'S OR TROUBLE STARTERS SHOULD BE ALOUD ....SO TELL MATT I HAVE A PINK PACIFIER AND SOME PAMPERS FOR HIM IF NEEDED .LOL

Archived