chipmunk

more meyer spdwy super mod photos

Ikey is still alive and kicking. He has a bulldozer and does dozer work for people. The Hite car was sold in the late 80's. I began trying to track it some years later and tracked it to the Birmingham area, as close as I could get. I was looking at the Alabama Racing Pioneers photo site a few years ago and there it was, it had been found in the woods, recovered, and being restored. I have talked to the guy that has it. He had some health problems and hadn't finished it. Ikey's son has also talked to guy that has it.

As a follow-up, you mentioned the MissChicken site. The reason I posted my first post with the questions about the #7, #45, etc., is that Tobby Taylor, who owns the MissChicken site, had asked me some questions about my memory of the #27 (#7?) Gene Tapia car, and the #44, and the #45. Tobby is writing an article about the #44. I know that a guy got a chassis and rebuilt a copy of the #44. He put a Brinn transmission in it so he could start and stop without needing a push truck. He has had the car at several local tracks and driven exhibition laps and paced the start. I talked to him a couple of years ago and I thought he said the chassis was from the original #45. I don't know for sure. In my conversation with Toby this week, he said someone had gotten the original #44 chassis and rebuilt the #44.

On 7/3/2012 at 1:29 AM, hly said:

I think I know where the car on the top right is located today

I missed this post years ago.  Sorry for that.

This car has returned back home to the Cheek family.  Currently residing at Craftmasters Powdercoating in Waco and being rebuilt to original glory by Steve Cheek and his father Carroll Cheek (owner in its heyday). 

Butch Harris driving.

BIll Hite rear engine Supermodified by asianfever on DeviantArt

butchharris77.jpg

Edited by DadRoman

they look like oversized go-carts.  just awesome