NITRO FUNNY CARS in 2006

Josh42

Since my dad doesnt post anymore and he works for IHRA now,thought I would let anybody thats interested know they have added Nitro Funny Cars to run all IHRA National Events in 2006 starting with the Texas Amalie Nationals in March-should be a hell of a show with Top Fuel,Nitro Funny Cars,Alky Funny Cars,Pro Stock and Pro Modified-Pops should be floating for a week or two after all the fumes from these MONSTERS

Josh,

I may be placing my ignorance out here for all to see, but I have a question.

In my hot-rodding days nitros oxide wasn't around. Isn't the injection of NO2 into the combustion chamber a bit like sticking the tip of a lit cutting torch through the spark plug hole and squeezing the oxygen lever?

Gotta be really hard on a motor. Right?

Marc-Pop said that its the same 300+mph flame throwing Nitro Funny's-races will be on none competeing dates so teams can crossover and with the Texas Nationals a week before the Houston NHRA race,should be a hell of a show on IH10

Feeling a little ignorant AND stupid this afternoon. Josh, when I first looked at your post, my eyes saw nitro funny cars, but my brain read nitrous funny cars. Sometime later, away from the computer I thought to myself, "Stupid, there are no nitrous funny cars."

A nitrous funny car wouldn't be funny at all, would it? ............ more like an out of control unguided missle ..............

All I know is after watching the Finals from pomona last night I saw a lot of Funny Cars from big teams like Shumacher, and I believe the pedregons that Torco Race Fuels all over them. So this year the Texas Nationals ought to be awesome. I just hope we dont have a race that weekend so I can go both days and watch. All I can say is guys when tickets come out for sale get them now because they will be sold out. I just wish I had dads seat its the best one in house.

Archived