Rita - Texas Racers helping Texas Racers

NickHolt

In the event that some of our fellow Texas racers who live near the coast have to evacuate their homes in the next few days, I would like Texas Speed Zone to be a place where these displaced racers and their families can connect with fellow racers who live a safe distance from the coast.

If you would like to offer your home to a fellow racer, post

1) Your identifying information such as your name and where you are located

2) Your email address and how many people you can accommodate.

3) Any special accommodations you can or cannot provide (pets, kids, elderly etc.)

If you know you are going to evacuate or even if you just want to make sure you have a safe place to evacuate to, contact one of the people who indicate their willingness to host you for however long it takes to ride this thing out. Or, get on here and let us know that you need a place to hang your hat for a couple of days.

Nick Holt

If anyone is needing to evacuate, there might be shelter through my work at the Baptist Childrens Home, we have some Katrina victims there still but we do have space available in San Antonio. Contact me at work 830-875-2734.

Jean Nesser

Terry Dickerson, CEO of USRA Track Management Group that operates San Antonio Speedway, and Mary Ann Naumann and Brian Callaway, co-owners of Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle, have offered the infields and parking areas of their respective speedways to anyone evacuating the Texas coastal area with an RV, camper, motor homes, race trailer, race cars, etc. and needing a place to ride out the storm.

"We all need to pitch in and do whatever we can to help each other out," Dickerson said on Wednesday as forecasters were warning people to prepare for the worst. All anyone has to do is call me at 903-576-4104 and I will make sure the track is open and someone is there to take care of any immediate needs."

Nick Holt

If anyone is coming to Central Texas, my church is setting up shelter that should have a lot of room and I would love to help you out. We are located on the South side of Austin with easy access from IH-35. Please contact me if you need any assistance. We will be able to accomodate a couple of hundred people if necessary. Don't stay in a motor home if you can help it. They are expecting wind gusts up to 70mph in the Austin area and higher to the East of Austin.

Greg Gurley

512-914-5384

Edited by GregGurley

Jason and I have an unfurnished apartment at the Fossil Fuel Motorsports store in New Braunfels, TX. There is lots of room for cots and air mats, air conditioned, kitchen, 2 full baths and room in the shop for several race cars.

Call the store at 830 626-7223 during normal work hours.

Rusty

Edited by hray

They are predicting the eye of the hurricane will be within 45 miles of Gonzales where I live thats why I havent offered my home open to someone. I am going to head to San Antonio myself. The hurricane keeps getting worse and I pray that everyone that is misplaced has a safe place to stay and God be with you all.

Jean Nesser

Since ASCS has cancelled their show in Waco and THR has cancelled their show, I'll be home this weekend and I now have two empty bedrooms(one kinda small). I'll be happy to pitch in with what I can. Neither room has any furnishings, but there is a separate bathroom. I live an hour west of SA in Kerrville.

830-257-5784 hm

830-329-3124 cell

We have a hide-a-bed good for two and a 27' travel trailer we can park in the driveway that will take 4 comfortably or up to 8 if you are a big family or really good friends:).. We are right in the path but inland, between Hutto and Round Rock. No guarantee about power, I have no generator and they are warning about possible power outages..

Jack Foy

I just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank everyone that went out of their way to contact me directly today to offer a place for me and my family to stay. Fortunately we have family in Dallas and will be departing sometime Thursday early a.m. Good luck to all affected. jp

I have a concrete pad on the side of the house that can accept either a small trailer 24-30ft or same size trailer/RV with water elecric and sewer hook ups... Im on the NW side of San Antonio close to Sea World you can either contact me at 771-3815 or send me a PM. Just wantto do what I can to help...

Guys/Gals,

Just a quick note. I think it's great for Terry and them to offer the different tracks infields and parking lots. But as much rain as they are predicting, I don't think it would be wise to park there. Just my opinion.

I have room at my shop to park one or two more haulers or maybe 3 trucks with trailers. It's concrete and we can get you water hook up. Also I'd be glad to open up the shop for restroom use. Theres not a shower, but the offer is there.

PM me if you need a place...

Mark

We have 3 acres, plenty of parking for people with generators in their rv's, we also have one rv spot with electric and water, we also have an unfinished guest house that will hold several air mattresses (not the best accommadations, but dry). We are located in South Austin west of 35.

Rusty

512-784-5461

abrungot.....I work for Farmers Insurance and we have had many people call and try to get flood insurance but Farmers has a policy where it takes 30 days to become inforce. So if you go to Farmers, don't try to get flood insurance cause it takes a while, maybe other insurance places will offer it faster. Also, if people don't have house insurance Farmers is the only people writing that right now. Other people like Foremost and National Lloyds I believe are not righting new policies.