San Antonio Speedway saturday 6-14

racerjim2

have not seen any offical finishing order nor has anyone commented on the races or the number of people the new advertising and lower ticket prices have brought in

Jim,

For some unknown reason San Antonio has not been very good about getting results out to us here at Texas Speed Zone.

I didn't get to attend the SAS races this week so I don't know what went on. Perhaps Big John, or another of our members were there and could fill us in on the attendance, happenings, etc.

Nick Holt

Deb posted some results in the results place.

Races were pretty good, car counts are down, but that seems to be the case everywhere...but CC.

I was in the stands and it looked like a pretty good crowd. Not completely full, but I'd say close to half full. Maybe someone that was in the pits can reply. You can see the stands better from there.

The trucks look pretty cool, looking forward to seeing them with more trucks.

Hey SAS what's up with that carnival music? lol

Mel,

I think the reason car counts are actually up in CC is because the classes they run here. The top class is superstreet and you can build a nice superstreet for a pretty low price. The other two classes are entry level classes bombers and 4cyl.

Jason

From the pits it looked like a pretty big crowd. I agree that it was about half full. There were only 9 late models. Larry Bendele won the race but i do not remember the exact order of the rest of the pack. I think the trucks brought in a lot of people. Although, the trucks took the longest to get finished. We had demolition derby saturday night. There were only a few cars there but it was a good show. I believe Tater Mason won the Sportsman class race. I have no clue how everyone else ended up. Vince Trietch went over Garfield Shanklin's front tire and tore up the front end of Shanklin's car. Speaking of Vince, I think Paul Lozano is doing a good job down in the pits. Keep it up, Paul!

gasman,

I wasn't there Saturday, but obviously you were. Care to share your concerns about the "questionable" calls? Your posts are always well thought-out and Paul Lozano is new at the job. Perhaps sharing your concerns would be helpful to him as he goes through his learning curve.

Nick Holt

a lot of drivers are not racing at sas due to (management issues) [Original comment edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03]. once (the management issues are resolved) [Original comment edited by Nick Holt, 6/16/03] the car count should increase.

racecar25,

If you have problems with the management at San Antonio Speedway, you have several ways to address those problems. If there is a particular policy or rule that you disagree with, you have come to the right place to discuss the pros and cons of policies or rules or other issues.

However, if you simply feel like bashing Mr. Sepich in a public forum you have come to the wrong place. Bashing is not allowed here. As you can see, I have edited your post to remove the personal references

Thank you for your cooperation.

Nick Holt

Gundog, I'll have the pictures I took up on my website in roughly an hour I'll have a seperate section for the ARTS guys and for the SAS guys. Also I need to look alittle to find the picture but I took a shot of the stands from turn 4 around 8pm for the very purpose to show the increase in the stands. I could tell it from the infield. The winner was Becka in Sportsman and I must say somoe of the questionable calls Gasman eluded to were very tough calls I had an up close view of one and after hearing all sides and how the rule is interpeted I understand why the call was made.

Hey Mel,

Mike had a head gasket problem friday night and decided not to try to fix it before saturdays race . I didnt show due to the weather forcast 60% chance of rain and I believed it,what a dummy right.weathermen, politicians whats the differance

txtom...

I don't know, but the way it sounds Tech Inspector has that reputation too.....at least to hear most people tell it. wrong all the time but still employed! LOL!

I don't know Lozano, except that he's been around racing here a long time.

Every new tech inspector goes through a learning curve, and a certain element of the racers themselves do everything possible to discredit the new guy. It's funny--the guys complaining about Lozano would never be an official themselves. They wouldn't like the treatment. "They can give, but can't take."

I have worked both sides of the fence, mostly as a racer. The few times I've volunteered to work as an official convinced that I would never work in that capacity.

I'm sure that Lozano is gonna make his share of mistakes, but no different than any other official.

If this post sounds like I'm defending the Officials, I'm not. I, and the racers I've helped, have had our share of bad calls made against us. But that would be my side of the story, and there's always the other. What we did was confer with the track management, or head of whatever series. We may or may not have gotten a result to our satisfaction, but we got farther than anyone will ever get posting their complaints here.

Archived