ASCS Cancels in Corpus

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere on this site, so I want to alert anyone planning on this weekend's ASCS show in Corpus.  ASCS has cancelled.  

See the track's web site, FB page, or Revved Up Sports to confirm.

My sympathies to Owen.

Edited by Bobby

3 hours ago, Bobby said:

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere on this site, so I want to alert anyone planning on this weekend's ASCS show in Corpus.  ASCS has cancelled.  

See the track's web site, FB page, or Revved Up Sports to confirm.

My sympathies to Owen.

Ya it's a pretty crappy deal all 'round....I wondered what was up when Emmett Hahn took it back from Terry Maddox....Right now its "rumored" to have WRG/WoO looking to acquire it, similar to what High Limit Sprints did with ASCoC last year....But there's nothing set in stone yet.....So ASCS is kinda in limbo until the shit(and it is just that) gets straightened out or acquired by WRG or someone else.....I do think the ASCS Elite series is still running shows, but that's run by Nathan Moore, but under the ASCS banner.

Forum protocol question - When we see something like this which has yet to be posted, should we post in the Announcements, Track Schedules, or Texas Auto Racing section?  Or message Nick, Reb, or someone else ?

I really like the structure that comes with the addition of the Track Schedules forum, and don't want to disrupt that by working against how things might be envisioned. 

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Forum protocol question - When we see something like this which has yet to be posted, should we post in the Announcements, Track Schedules, or Texas Auto Racing section?  Or message Nick, Reb, or someone else ?

I really like the structure that comes with the addition of the Track Schedules forum, and don't want to disrupt that by working against how things might be envisioned. 

I'd say here or the Texas Racing section....Maybe there start title with "Breaking News" tho after a couple days I'm sure most knew the proverbial "scatology had collided with the air circulator"🤣

Bobby, I really appreciate your timely posting of this ASCS news.  Reb does a fantastic job of keeping us up to date on things, but all help is welcome.  There really are a lot of folks who hate the crap out of FB and rely on LSSZ instead.  

As Jay said, either section (or even the Do it in the Dirt section) is appropriate Thanks for being a great LSSZ member!

Nick

I was looking forward to getting the race season started this weekend and getting to see some old friends, but that's not gonna happen.  I hope this is figured out by the race in 2 weeks at RPM.  Lot of people spent a lot of money this off season to make the switch to the national tour to just get shit on (sorry for my language). We had a 4th car built and picked up 1 new motor and have another being finished, plus all of the tires we had already purchased. Then there is people like Owen who I know spent a lot promoting and getting ready for this weekend.  Plus I know there is a few drivers that are still owed a pretty penny of cash.

17 hours ago, NickHolt said:

...either section (or even the Do it in the Dirt section) is appropriate ...

Nick

I think the track forum would also be an appropriate place, since it is news specific to the track.

What a lousy situation for all who are owed or are losing money because of the situation.