Memorial Day Shootout Featuring the Southern United Sprint Series Presented by DAM Services

After some much needed r... earlier this week, we'll get the best of both worlds as The Ranch prepares for a hot show with all 6 local classes and a visit by the Southern United Sprints. Night one of the Memorial Day Shootout as Texana Raceway Park takes over tomorrow night. Pure Stocks, Factory Stocks, EMod, Limited Modified, Modified, and Mini Mods join in on the fun tonight. Pits look full, cars rolling in the track now getting ready for hot laps.

All commentary is based on my observations from the stands and I have no contact with track officials during the event. Thank you again to Abel Arredondo for adding purse money again, Limited Modified racing for $700 tonight.

I'll be remiss to say a few things given why we celebrate this weekend. My afternoon was spent honoring the life of an Army vet, 30+ year fireman with CCFD. Went to school with Zak Kolda and he has a local elementary school named in his honor and I know it's not military related, but Uvalde is not very far away from most of us. I don't want to get into anything political but let us honor those men and women that make the ultimate sacrifice for us to enjoy our freedoms and so much we take for granted. If you have little ones, hug them a little tighter and love them a little stronger and same to our service people and may we celebrate them in November rather than today. Let's be better people and honor those that are no longer with us.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic