kyle latemodels

griffin99

From reading these post on this subject-the "Fastest Limited Late Model" to go around ThunderHill is as Chuck would say when he introduces him before the race-in the 04 -from Kingswood ,Tx"Braaaad Huuuuudaaaakkkk"-

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of more questions for Kathy in regards to track records: Do you have the info for all the track records for each class? Also what is the official fastest time turned at THR. I think that it should be Ricky Turner from the Big Shot but I don't remember the time. I want to say 14.2 something.

As for as Brad's comment about putting up the money sounds like a good time for THR and TSRS to work together. They claim there is no bad blood between the two. If they put there heads together with enough notice they could put together a THR VS TSRS Showdown for Late Models. Put up the money for anyone that breaks the THR LLM record or the TSRS record. It probally will not happen but that is just my two cents.

I think the only problem with that is that there is prob only 6 or 7 regulars at THR that dont run TSRS and that number may be smaller. Its kinda like if SAS ran a promotion with the THR Hobby Stocks and the SAS Roadrunners. Not enough cars one way or the other to make it work. If the car counts for THR regulars were higher it would be a great show...

You guys are cracking me up now.

Think about what you are asking ------------ THR Late Models vs TSRS.

I think they are given that opportunity each and every Saturday night that we race at Thunder Hill Raceway.

For the most part the TSRS cars have choosen not to come race with us. I think there are 3 that race with both on a regular basis. David Snokhous, Leland Waddell and Robert Stewart. And I Thank these three for staying with THR for our weekly show.

So, again anytime the TSRS drivers would like to come race against (with) our THR Late Models they are very Welcome at our track.

This is after all as Mary Ann put it why the rules where created the same. So they could do the very thing you are asking for.

I did forget Todd McLemore--he has had some bad luck lately and has not been able to race with us, but has raced with us when not having those troubles. So, Thank You too Todd.

Just don't want to leave anyone out.

Here's what I know:

Street stock: 16.538 (#99 car)

Late Model: 15.758 (#4 car)

Hobby stock: 17.3 something (#03 car - snookhous)

Pure stock: 18.322 (#24 car)

I've got to go with Kathy on the THR late model vs. TSRS idea. You're basically talking about the same cars with very few exceptions. Kinda like asking the Spurs to play against the Spurs with a few added players. What's the point?

If the TSRS regulars wanted to race against those few THR regulars that don't run TSRS, they could pick any of their off Saturdays to do that. I think the reasons they choose not to do that are obvious and have already been beat to death previously. In a perfect world, they would be at THR every Saturday that they are off from TSRS, but those aren't my cars, and I can't blame them for making the decision to stay at home.

Chase

Here are the Thunder Hill Raceway Track Records.

Pure Stock-#24 JR Meredith 18.322 set on 5-17-03

Hobby Stock-- #03 David Snokhous 17.390 set on 8-11-01

Street Stock-- #99 Cary Stapp 16.538 set on 9-28-01

Late Model-- #4 James Reeder 15.758 set on 5-10-03

I will have to dig around in my paper work to look for the Big Shot stuff.

The Texas Pro Sedan Series record at Thunder Hill Raceway is 16.490 seconds, set by Leroy Farmer in his Ford Mustang on 9/14/02.

I note that time is faster than all but the Thunder Hill Raceway LATE MODELS.

(Sorry, Kathy... I will try to remember to drop the Limited misnomer.)

Nick Holt

JCleaver,

I'm surprised that the Street Stock record has stood that long, because there are some pretty darn good drivers in that class year after year..

However, I'm NOT surprised that Snokhous still holds the Hobby Stock record. He's a 2-time champ in that class, and he was the first-ever champ in that class.

Snooky was quite good in that class, and that class had some pretty darn good drivers the first couple of years.

I agree that it should be or could be THR VS TSRS ever weekend but maybe the track is missing out on some marketing oppurtunities to pull fans in the stands. The problem that I see is the now that the season has started the drivers don't get much of anything by running anything other than what they are running now. The top five in points for TSRS probally don't want to race anything other than TSRS because that championship pays $10,000. What does the THR championship pay? I can't blame them for that. I do think that it would be nice to see Reeder try a different track since his program is so good at THR. Maybe that would help bring more cars to THR. If Reeder went to HMS and Smoked them, maybe some would come back out to THR and Try to beat Reeder. Then it becomes a win-win for both THR and TSRS. Other problem are of course a dead horse and we all know that. Anyways just my two cents.

WildRacer5, Say WHAT? Come to the THREE AMIGOS back yard and smoke them? When monkeys fly out my butt !

So did monkeys fly out of your butt when Steve Sims won the first TSRS race this year? LOL

Sorry - not trying to start a fight here. Just couldn't resist.

More seriously though, nothing's over 'till it's over at any of the TSRS races, and James Reeder would have as good a shot at a win at HMS as anyone else.

Later,

Chase :D

Now tell me. how is it Possible for a little Four cylinder rice burner to be quicker than a late model, Arent the motors in the late models worth about the same price as a complete pro sedan?....it just doesnt make sence to me.

Jonathan

jcleaver17,

This is what I said in my earlier post:

"The Texas Pro Sedan Series record at Thunder Hill Raceway is 16.490 seconds, set by Leroy Farmer in his Ford Mustang on 9/14/02. I note that time is faster than all but the Thunder Hill Raceway LATE MODELS."

Nobody said the Pro Sedans are faster than the Late Models. The Late Models are almost a second quicker than the Pro Sedans.

Nick Holt

Now tell me. how is it Possible for a little Four cylinder rice burner to be quicker than a late model, Arent the motors in the late models worth about the same price as a complete pro sedan?....it just doesnt make sence to me.

Jonathan

Four cylinder yes, but RICE BURNER??? So HP to weight ratio has nothing to do with it...right? I know the $25,000 RICE BURNIN 4 CYLINDER car that my Dad is building to run with the MSRA Pro 4's in California is gonna be pretty fast. A 300 HP 4 Cylinder motor on a car that wieghs about 1900lbs is gonna be real fast.

Minimum weight of Late Models at THR is what, 3100lbs.

Nick never said they were faster, but on a 4 cylinder car that weighed between 2300-2400lbs with half the engine of a late model and to run a little under 1 second slower... I'd have to say that is pretty fast.

Nick, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

OUCH.... How soon I forget. I was just trying to get a rise out of somebody and get some dialog started. Any TSRS team can win on any given weekend. Now where did those dang monkeys go? :blink:

:D

Archived