kyle latemodels

griffin99

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kathy,

I guess my 15.4 Friday night doesn't qualify for the THR LLM track record even though the rules are the same huh? Bummer...

Well, at least it's a good TSRS benchmark...

We were planning to stay and given it a try again Saturday night but the bumper and air box were junk from the kiss with the tires in 1 and 2 on Friday so we just packed it in...

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Kathy, any particular reason why it does not count? As Brad said, the THR rules and TSRS rules are the same. They were created so that the THR LLM class and the TSRS were the same, so that drivers could race both. We have worked very hard to keep them the same. I would think Brad's time would be the track record. May I ask who holds it now? Just curious!?!

I know its a moot point now, but Hudak was scored 11 laps downs, but i dont remember him loosing that many laps. Now im not saying the scorers didnt do a good job, just seemed like a lot of laps down. I would guess 5 or 6, but not 11.

Big John

TSRS is a touring series.

If he ( Brad Hudak) were a registered THR driver racing in our LATE MODEL CLASS and ran that time then, yes it would have counted.

James Reeder holds the track record which was set 5-10-03.

As far as the scoring goes for TSRS, that was a track rental and I did not have anything to do with that, so you would have to get with them on that question.

Here are the times for TSRS at Kyle on 5-30-03

Place Car No. Name Time

1 '04 Brad Hudak / Kingwood 15.483

2 17 Jeff Pollard / Houston 15.515

3 50 Mike Yale / Houston 15.631

4 54 Todd McLemore / Austin 15.759

5 1 Ronnie New / Austin 15.883

6 9 Tommy Gural / Elgin 15.912

7 11 Brian Schild / Waller 15.920

8 22 Robert Stewart / Austin 15.923

9 3 Bobby New / Austin 15.961

10 27 Michael Jones / Austin 15.980

11 '00 Beau Bukowski / San Antonio 15.980

12 5 Cory Roper / Vernon 15.999

13 58 Steve Sims / Austin 16.095

14 7 Ryan Englehart / Austin 16.217

15 28 Leland Waddell / Austin 16.394

16 '03 David Snokhous / Round Rock 16.410

17 99 Allen Alexander / San Antonio 16.580

18 48 Jamie Fuller / San Antonio 16.595

19 29 Don Fowler / Rockwall 16.913

Brad Hudack's car had a throttle problem and left the track. That is why he was down 11 laps.

Stacy Tiemann

Director of Scoring - TSRS

Let's not forget the 15.369 that stood for all of 15 minutes. Can you say dislexia? Had a hard time believing that one as bad as we wanted it to be true.

I not sure that I understand the whole touring series times concept. So does that make Reeder's THR LM the official track record? The ROMCO cars go faster than a THR LM car but they are not a registered Kyle car? Also the Big shot times were faster than ROMCO but does that count because it was a THR sanctioned race or does that not count because the aren't THR registered. I'm not trying to be a smart alleck with the questions but I'm having hard time under standing this. <_<

COME ON CHASE

YOUR STREET STOCK IS ONLY HALF A SECOND OFF THOSE TIMES.

PS :

THANKS FOR HELPING BUCK AROUND THE TRACK LAST WEEK.

Charles - you've got me laughing now! Good to see you guys at the track last week.

Wildracer,

The way I understand it, in order to compete for a THR track record holder in a THR class, you've actually got to be racing in a THR class event when you set the record. Even though the rules are the same with the TSRS cars, you've got different officials and scorers and someday maybe even a different timing method. For example, if they went to an automated timing device and THR still used a stopwatch, it wouldn't make much sense to combine the two records. I'm not a track official, but that's my take on it.

I think TSRS should establish a track record at each of the tracks they run at, and maybe they already have. I'm pretty sure ROMCO does that, at least informally.

Chase

Sorry Brad but I've got to go with Kathy on this one. I think the THR LM track record needs to actually be set at a THR LM event. Given that we had a month to prepare our cars and 4 hours of unlimited practice before qualifying I don't think it's an even playing field. JP

No big deal, I think there are valid arguments that can go both ways on this issue.

If my recollection is correct, Ronny New ran a 15.7 something last year (maybe the year before) at the Stock Car Spectacular and it wasn't classified as the record then either because it wasn't a "regular THR show".

For those folks who understand, the number speaks for itself.

Now, whose going to put up some money for the first person to break 15.4 in either a THR LLM or a TSRS LM?

Regardless of record or not, :) I believe it is a great accomplishment and I am proud to be a part of this series. :D Never have I felt such pride of all the drivers involved with TSRS. B) Thank you for that and good luck to all in the remaining races and hopefully more seasons to come.

Christy Ganem

Official TSRS Merchandiser

Mitchell Racer

:ph34r:

Guest Justaracefan

I listened to Casey Smith on the radio Saturday morning heard him say he was driving the #3 car at Kyle Saturday night. We went to watch him and was disappointed to learn the car owner blew the motor Friday night--Was it a two day show?

why not do like alot of tracks do, Reeder set the record for a THR car, Hudak has the record for a TSRS car, its simple. SAS has or had a record for the LM and Romco, I think you get my point. Therefore, whoever set fast time at HMS should hold that record, whoever set fast time at SAS should get that record and Hudak or whoever set fast time at THR in the previous races should hold that record. Does that make sense to yall or am I just babbling? Its just like when THR first opened, whoever set fast time the first race, was the record holder until it was broken.

Big John

I am assuming that each Touring Series has there own Track Record for each track.

Yes, Romco does, the Pro Sedans do, and I know the Modifieds do. When I was working as a scorer for the TIDA LM TOURING Series, they too had a track record at each track they raced at.

So, I would say that if Brad had the fastest time Friday night in the TSRS, and it was the fastest anyone has run at THR, then that would be TSRS's time to beat at THR.

What was said about Ronnie New at the Stock Car Spec. is correct. I think it was 2 years ago and he asked the same question and got the same answer.

These are our weekly class of cars that I keep this information on. And when it is broken then it is the new Track Record for that class.

Hope all this helps.

Archived