2005 Texas Stockcar Championships

Darn, I was sure looking foward to this. Been preparing for some time to just realize now it is the same night I am racing in houston. Hey Kyle your brother got a car yet. If he wants to race mine, maybe could work something out. PM me if he is interested or come by the track this weekend and look me up.

They have gotten better, but I hate to say it, no one really gets excited about those guys (spectator wise) unless you know the drivers. I don't want to be disrespectful because it is a class I like, but they won't sell seats so the business side of it is that they're more than likely won't get a big pay race unless someone steps up and puts up some of their own money. And no, that wasn't a shot at Owen, I wouldn't put up the money when the modifieds and Super Streets are "better" races, plus those cars cost alot more to maintain on average so they need the higher purse to draw the drivers in, especially if this is an extracurricular race for them. Not to say the Tx. Thunders don't spend money and don't deserve a high purse race, I just don't think they'll get the respect that the SS and Modifieds will get as far as purse.

There is alot of cars in the TT but there are only a few cars that can win ... people like to go to the races to see a race .. in thunders you almost now whos going to win every week ,,, thats what he is trying to say ... in the ohter class the field is so close to each other you never now who going to get the win

• 2 weeks later...

Archived