Gouging the Disabled

jp17

But, like nick said, this isn't the forum for these discussions. Also, potential sponsors may be reading this and may now decide that he didn't want to sponsor racing cause it has too many "bubba's". Who knows, may even be one of our new immigrants that loves nascar and wants to get involved.

Never know.

Your right, this is a racing forum, not a place for political debate.......weither or not you deter a sponsor or not this is a public forum, there will be positives and negatives, thats freedom of speech....Some might not like your useage of the name "Bubba". There are alot of people named or nicknamed Bubba in our racing community. They might be offended or a big time sponsor's name might be Bubba, ya never know!!!!!!!!

You all can take a simple discussion and totally trash it.

This thread was all about how motels, hotels etc raise the price during special events. NOT about the race of the owners of these establishments.. WHO CARES!!!!! all I care about is if the room is clean and the a/c is COLD.

He ran for the City Council of "Arlin"

C'mon Budman..

Don't you read the Water Tower? It's "Arlen".. :lol::lol:

(isn't it?)

Rodeway Inn is one of many sponsors for thunderhill Raceway and they have offered to give a room for four with a contintenal breakfest the next morning for only 49 dollars a night. This offer is good to all drivers,fans etc that call with a ten day advance reservation.( you must ask for the thunderhill raceway special when you make your reservation) YOU HAVE TO CALL Their local number 512-353-8011 for this deal DO NOT GO THROUGH THE WEB SITE TO MAKE THE RESERVATION

Hell you can't beat that deal...!!

pass the word around...support the inn that supports racing.

for that price , I'm going to bring the family and make it a mini vacation.(my kids think staying over at a hotel is a vacation)--"cheaper than Disney World" LOL

Rodeway is #1

p.s. for that price: bring your wife/girlfriend/family to the races then relax at the Inn.... a mini get-a-way

Let me say this I didnt want to diminish this post in anyway with my previous comments only and a little light hearted fun. In regards to the pricing that is really sad to hear that they do that on a Special Olympics weekend while at the same time they tell you sure we can give the racers a weekly special for 49 but if your with Special Olympics its say 79 (dont know their current rate for tomorrow web site says its booked) if they didnt try to jack up the rate like everyone else... Now given the reason why they would do so is they know they could get more rooms filled that way...So lets see do we say I am supporting that motel because he/she is doing something for me or would I question why someone who is disabled and didnt call ahead for a racers rate get the shaft because they didnt set up or try to set up a group rate?...I know I am going to catch hell for that and most disabled people I know are more abled bodied than alot of us.. But just think that most of the Special Olympics are kids and they dont get paid for what they do... BTW after rereading the post made by Waltrip notice it says 10 day reservation meaning it would have no use this weekend unless you made your reservation in advance...

My daughter goes to school at Texas State and is working the Special Olympics this weekend She said she is having a blast. she did comment last night that a good portion of the coaches and participants are staying at the college and eating at the dining halls on campus. Not sure where that leaves the local motels. I talked with almost every motel in San Marcos before asking Rodeway Inn into doing the deal for us and every one of them stated back in January that thier rates go up in the summer and really go up on weekends I feel for the person that gets to the motel when there is only afew rooms left cause it is a supply and demand oppertunity and they will get what ever they are asking.

Talked with the fine folks at the Rodeway and they let me know that the rooms are going fast for the weekend of the 28th of May seems its a 3 day weekend and also a big high school UIL compitetion that weekend at the college so you might reserve your room now if you plan on getting the special

I was at Special Olympics this weekend as a coach and we did not pay that much for a room. 49.99 per room and the coaches had free rooms. Next year we will not be in San marcos so rooms next year will be easy to find. But thanks for looking out for the athlets.

Archived