Super Stock Racing Schedule (Speedfest)

rocket55

So I'm trying to figure out who is the best person to speak to about the schedule for the Super Stocks at Speedfest...I see we're limited to only one (20) lap race and don't get to qualify (individually) nor run a heat race.

All the other classes running a heat race get the same laps as we do and qualify the same as us.

Quite honestly I never understood from the beginning why we never did get a heat race. 

How can we make this happen? It makes it more of challenge for me to get sponsors when my car is hardly on the track

I understand what your saying and with that respect we can at least qualify individually. 

For me to lock in a good sponsor they want to see my car on the track more than once during the event. I also have to place in the top 5 in just about every race. 

I can control the position in which I finish but the other part I can’t. With 10 races next year sponsors are more willing to spend the cash but us racers have our end of the deal. 

We all know what it takes to be competitive and new tires with a solid team are a must....and those tires aren’t free nor is your crews time.

Now that we’re all gunning for a championship next year, it’s time to get serious 

You other SS teams please chime in on your thoughts  

• 3 weeks later...

We had a great time and appreciate all the die hard racers coming out. I think the weather scared off some of the long distance racers but i think we did fairly well considering the car counts in the other classes. 

Depending upon what the rules look like for the next season we may have another car to run, currently our team consist of (3) Super Stocks and (1) Outlaw. I have no desire to run the outlaws and would much rather convert it. 

For all the SS racers that didn't make it, its been made very clear if you don't bring your a$$ out there in March and give TSTARS and solid car count....ITS OVER. So if you need help, I'm expecting you to reach out. We built the #22 in (3) months, the rest of you have (5) months and there are plenty of top running SS on the market right now (like Mike's 12)

Archived