CC Motor Speedway

Jason

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I spoke to Mike with Scott Electric yesterday and we will adjust the lights as soon as we can.

ARTS22 - One question who said I wanted comments from the trucks? If the announcer did while you were out on the track that was TD wanting comments not the track. If the track announcer said it he was reffering to the taste of the hot dogs not anything else. I do not mind comments but every time comments are made on here they end up trying to run people away from my track and I quote you ...."The track asked for comments on what improvements needed to be made, I know of a few trucks that may not be at CCMS for the next race".........

See now trucks may not be coming back it is going to be a terrible show, why go back. I will talk to TD maybe he does not want to come back, if the trucks don't, maybe the SLM's don't either.

Anyway thanks for your opinions, I will be happy to address as many concerns as possible but if I am looking for comments I will come talk to you in person not announce it over the load speaker at the track. Announcing things over the load speaker at the track turns into, thousands of comments like these grandstands need AC, the guy next to me has gas can't you do something with him, someone put gum under my seat, the palace girl is scaring my children, how come my car did not win, etc. etc. etc.

I personnally do not like hot dogs so feel free to comment on them. :blink::blink:

Owen I personally can't wait to go back to your track and run the truck I had fun racing there. I agree the track was a little dark in 3&4 but I had fun there and cant wait to go back.

Owen ,tell the Palace girl to ang around after the races and we will take care of her. Don't want her scaring any more kids!LOL As far as the lighting goes if your racing hard and you've got time to look at the lights your going too damn slow.Maybe Riley can hook us up with a bunch of flashlights to tape to our helmets.

Your doing a good thing taking care of concerns that the Touring series has by adjusting the lights.

The USRA trucks and SLM put on a good show and it would be ashame to not have very many trucks show up next time it would be a sorry show.

USRA truck guys if you have concerns all you have to do is walk up and talk to Owen and he WILL try to take care of it not ,complain in a public forum that makes the track look bad!!!

Ya'll should've raced there in the day! It's so bright now, you just about have to wear shades at night there these days.

Sounds like another hell-of-a-show from CCMS.

Keep up the good work Owen, Jenny & crew.

Mel

:D

Man, I missed a ton. Jason, I got the humor about Kyle, but I'm not bashing him. I have tried to correct any statements I made in the past that sounded more harsh than I had intended. As a matter of fact I saw a picture of him hanging on the hood of a race truck that Larry was trying to steal I think. ;) I didn't say anything negative. Anyway, If you just read all my posts about Kyle together, you will find that I think he seems to be a good kid, he can drive the hell out of a race car, I think he is a little young to be in a late model, but I'm not paying for it, I'm not racing against him, and to that end its really none of my business. My first post about him was worded a little on the strong side and I've spoken to his mother and told her that. Bottom line is that I think that we will all be reading and hearing a lot about this kid in the future and there will be 50,000 people saying they were there the night he did this or that at a track that seats 4000, back in the day when he was a kid. I wish him luck and hope that he proves me wrong on my initial statements. Even if he doesn't that won't take anything away from my opinion of him. It is high and I expect it will stay that way. I am done talking about Kyle.

PS- By the way I am jealous, I wish when I was 14 I could have been in his shoes, and if I had the ability to I would probably have my 13 year old and my 17 year old in a car.

I guess if drivers from a touring series cant suggest an improvment they would like to see at a track they have to run and not get jumped on by all the locals then why would they want to come back. Do you think that now that some teams think they are going to travel to potentially unfriendly events that it will motivate them to drive all the down there. It would seem that in defence of a track you could do more harm to a car count than the original suggestion. We all realize some facilities have better funding and backing than others. Nobody was asking for anything more than to see the track as well as they are accustom to at the rest of they're stops on tour. From what I read on here more than one driver had a concern about it. Maybe they didnt want to be the first to say anything, and for good reason, we all saw what happens when your the first to comment on a condition at a track. If nobody wants any of this discussed in a public forum maybe it(public forum) should just be done away with. Just seems to be the best way to reach the most amount of people in the shortest time. JMO and I could be wrong. Turn em loose boys.

Please excuse me for any spelling or grammatical errors if I could read and write I wouldnt race..lmao

I agree with all the truck guys that the lighting at CCMS does suck.

22crew/ How about this, you talk about the locals making comments and the touring series not bringing back car counts. Well the tracks would not be here with out locals unless you are TMS. What if the tracks did away with every touring series, would the tracks be in better shape? My experience is that racers are going to race so if there were no touring series in the state of Texas what would all the racers be doing? If you don't think that they would all be at a local track racing you are fooling yourself. The tracks and locals do the touring series a favor by allowing them to come race and the touring series should show some respect to the track and locals.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

This is one of the best forms of entertainment. Do away with it? Blasphemy!!!!! What would the old guys on that other thread about Texas Racing History have to do then?

22crew there are better ways to make suggestions and comments. Shane knows that.

This will just keep going like the energizer bunny so I will go ahead and close it.

Archived