CC Motor Speedway

Jason

$150 to start isn't any diff from most of the other touring series. Didn't it use to be $75? You say there will be less but I bet we have more.

WE, you have a truck? racing at THR, HMP, SAS, costs half as much to go to as CCMS, only had 19 trucks at the first CCMS, and I know of 3 that will not be there......They cant afford it.....It costs about $600-$650 to race at THR, HMP, SAS, it doubles at CCMS, the track is fun to race on but 3 races=$3000-$3600 to make the minimum of $450 it doesnt come close.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not with USRA. Racing costs money. If you can't afford the class your in then move down a notch instead of trying to put a track or series down. And yes I look forward to having a truck soon. You are not going to make money racing. It's an expensive hobby and for others its more than just a hobby.

I stand corrected. Thanks for keeping me honest Jason.

But I guess that since you're only a fan of the track you're not allowed to use the term "we".

Public service announcement follows:

So everyone out there, unless you own a race car do not use the term "we" anymore. "We" are not allowed. Only "they" are allowed to say "we". Got it?

We as in I am from Corpus and the racing down here is better than at any of the other tracks and when people say things that shouldn't be said it pisses me off and I will defend the track and series. I sometimes spot for a truck and try to help a couple of the truck teams.

I am waiting for that Sirrizotti kid to come in and whoop up on everyone in trucks. :D Woah maybe I shouldn't bring that up while Rookie49 is on the board. I better stop here cause I don't want to get editted.

This thread is the first time I have ever heard of anyone complaining about the lights at CCMS. And this is the first time I have ever heard anyone blaming the lights for their driving abilities. I don't mean to sound like I am bashing, however running down a track and it's facilities isn't right. I hope all USRA trucks that raced this past weekend show up next time, plus a few more.

Now, explain to me why CCMS costs $600-$650 more per race. I can see more fuel cost to get there...what else?

:lol::lol::lol:

Truck races and street stocks are consistantly great at ALL of the tracks...As a racer, I like all the tracks...$150 to start is double what it was last year in trucks and it wasn't all guaranteed last year (and that's no slam at Jon T because he went over and above)...cc is a good excuse to go to the beach or go fishing.

When I saw that first mistaken payout, I was like wow...there would be 50 trucks if that was the pay scale...that probably makes the current payout look worse, but the truck series is in as good of shape as it has ever been.

Jason, as for you defending CCMS I could give a rats ass, so be pissed off or pissed on!!! I did not here one person say the lights caused the wrecks.........The track asked over the intercom for the racers, fans, etc to let them know what needs to be improved.........Mike Riley, the extra expense is 7-8hr trip to a 2-3hr trip(long way for the east texas teams)and rooms for 2 nights. Money is not my problem. If you do get a truck you'll know what an expensive race is when you go to TMS from Corpus, its not cheap!.....The USRA is awesome, they are the ones that have made the truck count as high as it is.......Jason put up or shut up, apparently you've got the money, Jon T's truck is for sale as well as several others. As for "WE" DO YOU HAVE A TRUCK, DO YOU PAY EXPENSES FOR A TRUCK, DO YOU TRAVEL TO EVERY RACE WITH THE TRUCKS.......Thats what I was asking when you put WE? If not then you dont know what was said or what was told to the trucks.........

Everyone pulls for their local track. Thats what WE are suppose to do. But each one is a good one in my book. There is no "PERFECT" track. You have to race not only the other cars/trucks but the track as well. Thats part of racing. Racing is a very expensive hobby. If you plan on making money or even breaking even then I suggest that you go to the "Classified" section and put your car/truck up for sale because it aint gonna happen. Instead of complaining how about talking with your sponsers or get more sponsers to help pay for your trips to other cities to race. That should be part of the deal. Just dont put down a track because it cost more to race there. All your doing is trying to get more money from a track instead of your sponsers. And "NO" I do not own a race car or truck but I do have some commqn sense. JMO

I sponsor 2 trucks, I'm not worried about the money. Things where said during and after the truck meeting, if you wasnt there then you dont know.........The track asked a question and it was answered.......If you think answering a question is putting a track down then dont ask it!!!!!!!! Again, and again the track was fun to be on, it wasnt close to being as bad as people say......I thought is was going to be terrible BUT it was pretty cool.........Now, if you dont want a honest answer then dont ask the question.........Watching the other races before the trucks several guys said it looks dark out there and it did........Again, again, again, if you dont want an answer to your question DONT ASK!

Maybe if your gonna put something down you should take it up with the series or track in private instead of doing it on a public forum. Kinda like the Double Down deal from THR.

Maybe if your gonna put something down you should take it up with the series or track in private instead of doing it on a public forum. Kinda like the Double Down deal from THR.

Nobody put the track or series DOWN, damn dude!!!!!!!!! There was things said about trucks in a meeting with alot of people there, thats not private, if you wasnt there then you dont know, so stop.......The track made a PUBLIC announcement over the INTERCOM asking for comments or was that private, NO.......Again the track was FUN AS HELL, but it was dark in 3-4 and down the front stretch just out of 4. Since you went on your rampage I've had 6 Truck drivers call me and say the samething, Everyone of them said it was fun but DARK.......The series if your talking about the USRA, it the BEST in Texas and is already up there with alot of the big national series, T.D. has done a hell of a job getting this off in running.

I think CCMS values your opinion,the track is a little dark in certain places.This was the first time I have ever seen the trucks race and you guys put on a pretty good show.I hope most of yall come back next time but I understand the financial side of it.See yall next time.

Let's change how this is going......Shawn Paul, I have watched some of the most clean driving from one person in any racing in a long time............you deserve a win..and do think it will be soon, good luck man !!

I hope I'm there to see it............

WOW! :o

I stay off for just a little while and it goes crazy!

yea but i didnt intend for it to turn into a bitch session  

What did you expect? There ARE drivers involved!!!    

Amen racerx... B)

hey Papa-like they say-if you want to make a little money racing-you start out with a whole lot -when you finish- if your lucky-you might have a little left-lol  

VERY little left!

:rolleyes:

Archived