CC Motor Speedway

Jason

I always hear many of the out of towners say that they are scared to come down cause they will tear their stuff up. What now? Long greenflag run in SLM's with only 1 or 2 cars damaged and trucks just about the same result. I saw more torn up stuff at the prior 2 USRA races. Someone explain to me why people always have to put down CC and say they dont want to come down because they think they will tear their stuff up? You ask the top drivers in SLM's what their favorite track is and I think they might surprise you. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The track was fun to be on, BUT at night the lighting was TERRIBLE, if you had a dark colored car infront of you, you couldnt tell what he was doing. The track is rough but alot of fun. The only thing I heard of was how BAD the lighting was. Fix the lighting and you may have seen a few less wrecks and alot of hard racin.

Jason SCARED is not the reason I have not been down there to race.

I love racing Corpus,I also raced at Longhorn for several years.

If I had a URSA Truck,SLM,or even a Street Stock I would have

been in Corpus several times the last couple of years.

Now I race a LLM or a TSRS and don't have a gear for Corpus

so I would have to buy a 9" center section and set a gear up and

tow all the way from Round Rock for only two races this year.

Along with having to work most Sat. mornings from 9 to 12.

And now TSRS changed the point system allowing the driver to

drop their worst finish or DNS or DNF so that leaves one race in

Corpus to count towards points.Now if TSRS would have had

five or six races this year in Corpus I would have spent the money

for a gear and motel rooms and tow money.

I can't speak for all the drivers,but SCARED is not the right word

when asking why I have not been to Corpus to race.

I had fun down there probably would of been more fun with the right rearend gear. To me it was like driving a dry slick dirt track sometimes. I agree with Shane the lighting is dark. One suggestion I saw an official for the track wetting down the area by the entrance to the track if they could take and wettin the area where all the cars travel in the back pits that would keep a lot of dust down. Other than the dust and the darkness I like the little track.

PS - And the cheese steak was damn good too...we did missing seeing the infamous CC Street Stocks...I was disappointed not to see an orginal luchin first hand...I have a feeling those are some of the best races in Texas...we didn't see any guns either! I think those stories are made up just to keep stuff interesting...it is the perfect track for the grand stock class...a couple of those guys should be stunt drivers...man, good stuff...

Have everyone paint there cars black, then completly turn out the lights...that make some fun...

The track asked for comments on what improvements needed to be made, I know of a few trucks that may not be at CCMS for the next race.........As far as it is, and to keep the traveling car count up, they do need to ask for comments(like they did) and act on them. No lights, cars all black, I can see them lining up at the gate to watch this........NOT.......

Hey, RacerX, if you want to see somebody get luched, find me a truck for the next truck race!!!! I think you guys would have enjoyed the super street class. A bunch of fast cars on street tires on that track makes for some good racing. No guns, though, ok.

Next time..we will have floresent tape on our rear spoiler,so we can be seen by the other racer's..

Hey Gun,

That's EXACTLY what I have on my black truck...flourescent yellow 100 mph duct tape! Works great!!! :D

Next time..we will have floresent tape on our rear spoiler,so we can be seen by the other racer's..

Hey Gun,

That's EXACTLY what I have on my black truck...flourescent yellow 100 mph duct tape! Works great!!! :D

Our rear spoiler is floresent RED, our numbers, all the way around the truck has floresent, it did help............. :angry::angry::angry:

Hey Gun,

Our rear spoiler is floresent RED, our numbers, all the way around the truck has floresent, it did help............. :angry::angry::angry:

It helped make me a TARGET!

corpus is not like longhorn? if you go down there and run it like you would run longhorn you'll be in the fence....or just really slow...

I know if something happens to the truck next time we're down there I'm gonna do what the horse did and thats run the very top instead of the bottom cause it seemed like he was more out of the way up there and people could at see ya up there instead of the very bottom. Charles what ever happened to the christi rio doll I need to borrow that for the next race or I 'm gonna go get Jobu to ride with me he might not be able to hit a curve ball but maybe he can drive a racetruck.

The truck count will be under 15 for CCMS next race. $1000-$1200 to race for pennies, it just aint worth it. I've had several calls to see how I was and how the truck was and just about everyone of them said they wasnt going back........It just cost to much to only be guaranteed $150........

Archived