Pure stock drivers meeting?

For those of you who do not know me I am Cooter driver of the p.s. 48c. I have been in contact with Rob Sanderson, concerning the p.s. class at S.O.S. Rob said he would be willing to sit down with us and talk about how the class can evolve. We agreed for the sake of time and productivity that the drivers meet as a group and discuss our wants and needs, pick a couple of representatives. And then he would be glad to meet with them and see if we can come to common ground so to speak. So I am taking the first step putting out some feelers to see whom all would like to come to a meeting and discuss their concerns openly. I have a shop located in Victoria we could meet at or if someone else has a place, that would work, I'm all for it. This is not an invite to get on here and bitch about the track its an invite to be part of something productive! Cooter

By evolve are we saying being more like Factory Stock?

I am saying to head in a direction that is beneficial to all involved, work on the class by address concern's of the drivers, so if that what the majority are looking for and we're trying to become I.M.C.A sanctioned. Trying to explore ways to make S.O.S. thrive PERIOD! We love having you guys come race with us, that is not what its about, Mr. Hobbs is thinking outside the box this year, doing all he can to ensure S.T.S survives.

How about trying to get all the cars back that are not there

That's one of the goal's Daniel, That would be one reason to reach out to anyone you know that hasn't been racing, to find out if its something they don't like about the track or if they have other issue's that prevent them from attending. Meeting is open to all who drive, want to drive, or have driven but stopped.

I am going to be out of pocket for the rest of the day. I'll be checking back in to see how many want to meet and when we'll be able!

Wasn't implying anything , was just curious. i figured the IMCA thing changed everything.If SOS goes full IMCA like Cotton Bowl I hope STS follows at some point if for no other reason there would not be all the hassle over rules every year.You are right.South Texas needs both SOS and STS to thrive.

Wasn't implying anything , was just curious. i figured the IMCA thing changed everything.If SOS goes full IMCA like Cotton Bowl I hope STS follows at some point if for no other reason there would not be all the hassle over rules every year.You are right.South Texas needs both SOS and STS to thrive.

Not a problem, IMCA doesn't have a pure stock class. We need all those involved to come to the same realization, like the street stocks have had to do, the pure stocks will have to adapt to the changing times. The day that we get every track in South Texas on the same set of rules will truly be amazing and wonderful for both drivers and track owners. No one wants their class phased out, but sometimes for the good of the whole, changes are needed.

Is Factory Stock an IMCA class? From what I've seen on track, Pures seem faster than Hobby but Factory Stocks dominate Pures. Again that's just based on what I've seen not regarding rules. Now if SOS goes full IMCA, how many Pures will fit Hobby/Factory Stock rules?

I'm all for going imca all the way just pic a class that doesn't slow the pures down that's what people are used to watching I say start now and everybody be in compliance by next year

And by the way I sure miss dirt track racing.

I'm all for whatever is better for the class. Just stop opening up rules for certain events making us locals have to be at the disadvantage. I'm not sure why we need people who aren't following our rules to come here to make car counts. Havoc before last we had 30 pure stocks I believe showed up for $700 I think we averaged around 15 on the regular race nights. What do we need illegal cars to show up and take the winnings from your cars that have been supporting you. One other point when someone is illegal dq them stop the whole "have it right next time".

Shannon Maurer #02 pure stock

I'm all for going imca all the way just pic a class that doesn't slow the pures down that's what people are used to watching I say start now and everybody be in compliance by next year

And by the way I sure miss dirt track racing.

I'm all for whatever is better for the class. Just stop opening up rules for certain events making us locals have to be at the disadvantage. I'm not sure why we need people who aren't following our rules to come here to make car counts. Havoc before last we had 30 pure stocks I believe showed up for $700 I think we averaged around 15 on the regular race nights. What do we need illegal cars to show up and take the winnings from your cars that have been supporting you. One other point when someone is illegal dq them stop the whole "have it right next time".

Shannon Maurer #02 pure stock

Yes Shannon i agree but what everyone needs to realize is we had 15-20 cars of local purestock drivers the first two years you had great car count several diffrent cars won races i believe 7 or 8 then stretch rule here their lets make little change on this.this isnt performance gain this doesnt make car faster catch a few modifing suspension slap on wrist change head package lower cc on heads change to forged pistons list goes on and on then people got tired of all rule changes and didnt want to make all changes or couldnt afford to make changes to compete and here we go now only way to have good car count is let all cars show up to race and we are killing class. Get back to basic pure stock keep cost cheap as possible dont change rules listen to drivers and dont tell people my way or highway it will bite u in butt everytime...Now we are looking to make our cars even faster ....Good luck....

Glad to here from all of you, now lets set a day/night and talk things over. Rob is more than willing you see to meet and discuss things. One evening at my shop would work for me, let me know your schedules. If your work prevents you from attending a meet but you want to your voice heard, write it down P.M. me and I'll send you my e-mail.

Archived