Pure stock drivers meeting?

just my 2 cents, if you let racers make the rules they will price themselves right out of racing, in 2008 or 2009 sts purestocks voted on headers or stay with manifolds, lots of drivers voted for headers, halfway through that season most of those that voted for headers either were not racing anymore or never raced. the class soon became streetstocks, more money more money more money. I won the championship in 2009 and spent to much money. jmo. try to keep it cheap and easy to tech. a rule doesn't mean much if you cant enforce it.

just my 2 cents, if you let racers make the rules they will price themselves right out of racing, in 2008 or 2009 sts purestocks voted on headers or stay with manifolds, lots of drivers voted for headers, halfway through that season most of those that voted for headers either were not racing anymore or never raced. the class soon became streetstocks, more money more money more money. I won the championship in 2009 and spent to much money. jmo. try to keep it cheap and easy to tech. a rule doesn't mean much if you cant enforce it.

I like your last 2 sentences.

What's the biggest question here? Is Sos going imca next year or not. If so what classes will be running. Will current classes besides the mods and lm have to fit into an imca class? Finally after 4 years we have a set of rules a that match sts. Amen!!! Lets work with those guys and join the 2 tracks and be like northern tracks and race Friday and Saturday...and NOT have to change car or one car have advantage over other car bc of other track rules...

Its not about wanting to add to the pure stock (motor, headers, beadlock) its about keeping them pure and trying to help the track keep the cars we have, add more or bring back those that have left. We want to help the track in anyway we can, and that means looking to the future and what the class needs to work towards,.

IF whatever you do would require changes to current rules that would be the chance to adopt National rules like IMCA or USRA with NO exceptions. Go all in. That way you take the track out of the rule making business (headache) . I'm sure they wouldn't mind.If you have a big $ event you say "IMCA rules" and that takes care of of the "exotic" pure stocks plus the locals are already there.Another plus with National rules is they tend to be consistant year after year.

This is not to change current rules...it to figure out why people with cars are not coming out. Also our cars in no way fit any IMCA rule package w/o a minimum $1000+ to each driver...rules are matched

Thanks Daniel, people keep trying to read more into this than it is. Just want to hear from the drivers and keep our car count up. Not try to change rules, we have a great set of rules now!

I don't have a fight in this but a say forget the 1 time exemption on out side cars either come race with the rules we have or get dq now I understand letting people race and getting a car count but everybody can read the rules you want to come play for the big money shows then follow the rules that are set no more give mes but like I said I don't have a dog in this fight j/o

I don't have a fight in this but a say forget the 1 time exemption on out side cars either come race with the rules we have or get dq now I understand letting people race and getting a car count but everybody can read the rules you want to come play for the big money shows then follow the rules that are set no more give mes but like I said I don't have a dog in this fight j/o

That's all were asking for...

you can still be involved, come to a meeting.

Would like to have a meeting for those who can make it, 3/30/16 @ my shop in Victoria 1308 East Commercial. Lets say 6:30p.m. I have limited space so lets keep it just driver's/ owner's and no alcohol please, this is my place of business. Bring a lawn chair,we'll keep it short and to the point. You can P.M. if you like, let me know who can make it, or just post. Thanks

Archived