I.M.C.A. point system

After seeing several races at Cotton Bowl last year the system works as the racing is great. Don't take this the wrong way as there are good reasons for missing races. But shouldn't racers that show every week or miss one race be rewarded more than the 3 or 4 time a year racer?

Win your heat and you start right next to the point leader or highest average finisher that week. The higher the point average the further back you start. It's a really good system with a lot of passing.

You thought wrecks were bad wait for it wait for it!!!!

I will say no more...lack of experience...lack of homework...lack of respect for others cars...I've had my fair share of being in back bc can't make heat...

I'll put money on these shows...

Sounds like a great system for points people...

The only issue I had with this system was guys would purposely fall out of features to kill their average early in the year and they would stay near the front of feature line up all year.

Mike, are you saying that "certain drivers" would try to cheat the points system with pack-n-park?.....Say it aint so......LMAOOOOOOOO

Waer, it's a bit tough to understand at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad....

Does it promote torn up stuff?.....Sometimes, but no more or less than any other way really in the long run....It will teach drivers more respect for one another and be better racing, more passing for the fans, with the faster guys having to come from rows 4-6(depending on car count)......In your case, only racing once a month, this will put you around the faster cars, mid pack, if you qualify through your heat race....Yes there may be some guys you passed in the heat in front of you IF, and only IF, they can keep their points average up and qualify through the heats.....

Passing points the faster guys always start up front, just like qualifying does on pavement.....Which in some cases makes for boring, follow the leader, racing....

I no issue with anything new...put your self in my shoes where ur spouse says once a month or none at all...never a chance to start in pole of feature...

The Sos schedule will work and you should only miss one race, which means you'd keep your points average. If you do well in your heat race and have a low points average you will start on the pole in the feature.

I've started on the front row due to the imca points/starting lineups because I used to always finished in the back of the features (not on purpose i just used to suck).

I understand your dilemma.....

1)Since you're running Pure Stock they may not have to stick with IMCA rules....Although, as someone who has to figure points, etc. having just one thing to go by would be easier and their choice.

2)My best advise would be to schedule your one race/month within 2 two weeks, or races since they're not scheduled every week, in the following month.....If you get a decent finish the first race your points average might put you up there for the second race.....Remember, it's points AVERAGE per race, not TOTAL points...

Granted if you then have to wait 4 weeks to race again you're back to zero.....Look at it as a challenge....

He'll it's always a challenge getting to the track...probably wouldn't be such a big deal if people are open upfront and told whats goj by to happen instead of after season starts....o well what's new just something else to deal with...maybe one day I'll get to race for points then it have nothing to talk about. ..

Archived