Racers

WaerRacing00

Cant say enough how the way the drivers in the USTMS series respect each other and the cars they drive. Very impressive.

I sure hope some of our locals are watching theses races and learn alot from them. Its very important that we learn to respect each other and the equipment we have. Yes we all have issues with the rules at times but most of the time cars dont come back bc they are torn to pieces night after night.

Something to think about...thats why racing is fun bc you can load your car up and race another night.

GOING out on a track and crashing cars is the easy part does not take much talent to do so . I suppose I been lucky to only lose two cars over the 30 something years of racing and i did not wreck em . i only wrecked one racer i had it in for for wrecking me ..sure glad he was able to fix the car cuz the next day it hit me on the head i could have hurt him seeing i aimed him right into that two foot gap right under the flag stand at cc speedway ...not smart .... racing takes a ton of talent caring and understanding you and others can get hurt . cost to equipment to yours and theirs when demonstrating the lack of those skill in any catagory i mentioned you really need to think is this what i want to do .... if you wonder why your always repairing your damaged car week after week one may need to look inside themselves first and foremost you just may find an answer not to your liking . you are the real challenge and have to challenge yourself to become a good racer and need at times to know you cant win em all and that stupid move you do not make knowing the risk is really high on negative outcome is smart .means you can load and go and take the week off come back next race ..

I have always wondered it myself..been saying it for yrs...one day it will sink in....I am not putting a new body on our car for the first time in 3 yrs because of the past.....I hope I'm wrong about this yr...And i say this for every class..just because your in a pure stock or bomber class doesn't mean you have to go destroy things....cars like ours need drivers that know how to handle them under big power otherwise they will get hurt or hurt others....No matter what class your in..its an investment and everyone should respect each others stuff.....racing happens..controlling something that's out of control isn't easy..but it would be easier to lean how to do if others around you do the same thing...jmo.......Nitro said it

Completely agree Drew, especially in Pure Stock/Bombers. Yes there will be times you'll get hit and bumped but when it's avoidable it would be frustrating. In Pures, you're talking what $20-50 to lose a spot or two or if you're midpack to the back, you're going to get paid the same anyways. My goal is to have fun in the car, not tear mine or anyone else's stuff, drive it on the trailer and do minimal work to get back out the next night. I know I'll probably be in the back awhile but will be conscious of where the leaders are and try not to ruin a good race. If it means I'm last and everyone drives off, I'm good with that. NASCAR or any other professional series probably won't be looking at a Pure Stock or Limited Late Model driver any time soon. If it's fun to tear stuff up, they have demo derbies for that.

That race was awesome. Cars bouncing off the wall three wide and still racing to the checkered. Standing at the fence at the white flag I thought WOW no cautions. Cody said they came over the radio and thanked everyone and the race only took 14 minutes and 52 seconds.

Archived