2016 Rules

So if I read this correctly I need racing shocks and another set of wheels and tires to be competitive?

Anyone want to sponsor another car?

need one too!

ok let me see if I understand , in pure stock, you can gut the fenders,doors, hood and trunk lid and gut out the trunk area , but OMG no enclosed interiors , makes the cars look cleaner and keeps them from filling up with dirt during the night . now STP will allow enclosed interior behind the driver ,but not SOS ,,,,but the claim is "the rules are the same "

Can I ask why change the rules? People keep saying they can't tell the difference between SOS and STS pure stocks now a rule change when you regularly had around 15 cars on a normal race night. If it ain't broke don't fix it right?

if they only have 6 cars racing and the other 12 stay at home cause they dont fit rules i bet they change pretty fast. Every year we are told no changes then boom we have to wrk on cars. Seems to me with economy being worse it has been in 5 years they would converse with owners and see what may keep them racing.I guarantee not many will spend much on cars to keep racing hell we may see some race car owners on corner of victoria streets asking for donations next....

Can I ask why change the rules? People keep saying they can't tell the difference between SOS and STS pure stocks now a rule change when you regularly had around 15 cars on a normal race night. If it ain't broke don't fix it right?

if they only have 6 cars racing and the other 12 stay at home cause they dont fit rules i bet they change pretty fast. Every year we are told no changes then boom we have to wrk on cars. Seems to me with economy being worse it has been in 5 years they would converse with owners and see what may keep them racing.I guarantee not many will spend much on cars to keep racing hell we may see some race car owners on corner of victoria streets asking for donations next....

working on my sign already, got one of those fast red cars, with lots of room for sponsor decals!

My car fits the rules I will just be even further from the front if I don't buy in. Wife wants me to quit racing rules changes only give her more leverage as to why I should quit.

I think it is harder to get Pure Stock rules the same because Pure Stock is usually a tracks largest,and in most cases raciest,class.STXSSS was a success because that class was dying.Not the case in Pures.I've seen SOS cars run well at STS , at least top 5. Same goes for STS cars at SOS. What is the big hangup?Compression ,rear weight? To me identify the hangup you can find a solution.One thing to think about.IF STP grows like we think it will it will take 4to 6 weeks to win at your home track what you could win at one STP event (based on 1000-1500 to win).Probably take 3 weeks at least to win what second pays.I'm no math genious ,just guessing.If there are 3 STP events a year that could be a big chunk of your annual winnings.So maybe STP rules should at the very least be eased into 2017.

So if I find a sponsor to buy me a 602 does anyone know if the air cleaner will still fit under the hood? Are we allowed to have air cleaner out of the hood if we run a 602?

that wasnt even thought about i bet and no sos rules say no hole in hood i had to close mine several years back and they even check my new car when i raced this year....get you a sign ready ill throw you a dollar when i see you at corner of juan linn....lmao

I think it is harder to get Pure Stock rules the same because Pure Stock is usually a tracks largest,and in most cases raciest,class.STXSSS was a success because that class was dying.Not the case in Pures.I've seen SOS cars run well at STS , at least top 5. Same goes for STS cars at SOS. What is the big hangup?Compression ,rear weight? To me identify the hangup you can find a solution.One thing to think about.IF STP grows like we think it will it will take 4to 6 weeks to win at your home track what you could win at one STP event (based on 1000-1500 to win).Probably take 3 weeks at least to win what second pays.I'm no math genious ,just guessing.If there are 3 STP events a year that could be a big chunk of your annual winnings.So maybe STP rules should at the very least be eased into 2017.

If it's the largest class at a track something must be going right. So why does it have to be changed?

So if I find a sponsor to buy me a 602 does anyone know if the air cleaner will still fit under the hood? Are we allowed to have air cleaner out of the hood if we run a 602?

that wasnt even thought about i bet and no sos rules say no hole in hood i had to close mine several years back and they even check my new car when i raced this year....get you a sign ready ill throw you a dollar when i see you at corner of juan linn....lmao

I'm thinking the 602 will be allowed to have a hole so they can tell which cars have the it.

I'm thinking the 602 will be allowed to have a hole so they can tell which cars have the it.

Buy a 602 so we can see how it runs against our motors!!!!

Archived