purestock 2016

can we try and add options on tires for this class maybe take off tires from limited to try and cut cost down some every year rules get tweaked and nothing is done to make class any cheaper this could help keep some cars on track .Since sts is running every week tring to make these two track run same rules was a failure...now maybe lets work with local cars and build this class back up with our local racers...

It was? I thought STS changed a lot of rules to match SOS. I know a few STS cars ran regularly at SOS with no problem.I'm just asking ,I don't know. With most of the big purse races for Pure Stock being at STS maybe SOS could match rules with STS this time.

It was? I thought STS changed a lot of rules to match SOS. I know a few STS cars ran regularly at SOS with no problem.I'm just asking ,I don't know. With most of the big purse races for Pure Stock being at STS maybe SOS could match rules with STS this time.

Talking to a couple STS drivers I was told they never really made the switch to SOS rules and supposedly a lot of drivers are still running the old rules. Not sure if it's true it is just what I heard.

my understanding was SOS and STS came to an agreement on rules (trying to blend) drivers at STS were upset about motor rules being changed (don't blame them, a lot already had motors) so Mr. Hobbs felt it was in the best interest to grandfather the 2014 motor rule for the 2015 season ( i haven't seen rules for the 2016 season, to know what the plans are for 2016) I do know the SOS drivers had to do body mods to meet the agreement, and were allowed to run tubular upper a-arms if they so wished. Raced against several drivers from STS, but couldn't tell you which motor they were running. I thought are class grew pretty well this season some due to STS guys and gals, but mostly to new drivers in general.

Thank you. Pure Stock does seem to be the class race tracks can depend on to provide car counts and good racing. thats why it is so hard to get everyone on a same set of rules.What SOS has works for them.What STS works for them and on it goes.In theory whenever these 2000 and 1500 to win races pop up there should be at least 45 Pures.

I WOULDNT CHANGE ANYTHING. CHANGES COST MONEY AND TIME, JMO

I don't want any changes either, didn't ask for changes last year!! Tracks were trying come together to help insure we all could race at multiple tracks without issue's, and make it easier on the tech guys, not having to tech by so many different sets of rules.

10-4. THEY SHOULD BE LEFT ALONE NOW. THE OTHER CAM IS ILLEGAL NOW AT STS AS PER GRANDFATHER CLAUS FOR THIS SEASON. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH ALLOWING SPORT MOD TAKE OFFS IS YOU MAKE NEW TIRES LEGAL ALSO AND I THINK THEY ARE FASTER? THE GUYS WITH MONEY WILL HAVE NEW ONES WHILE THE OTHERS WILL RUN TAKE OFFS. NO HELP JMO, DONT HAVE A DOG IN THIS FIGHT TODAY, MIGHT NEXT YEAR.

2015 STS MOTOR RULES

Camshaft and Lifters-

Hydraulic camshaft and hydraulic flat tappet lifters only, no hydraulic OEM roller lifters.

Rhoads, Variable Duration or Bleed Down lifters are not allowed.

Maximum valve lift of .450 inch measured at steel retainer with a minimum weight of 3250lbs with driver.

Solid lifter will be used at tech for testing purposes.

Maximum push rod length of 7.800 inch.

OEM firing order cannot be changed thru cam design. GM firing order 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

Engine must have a minimum of 15 inches of vacuum at 1000 engine RPM. No tolerance

No vacuum canisters allowed, brake booster will be disconnected and capped during time of vacuum inspection.

Grandfathered for 2015 Racing Season Only - Maximum valve lift of .480 inch measured at steel retainer with a minimum

weight of 3400lbs.with driver. (Maximum lift of .450 at valve for 2016 Season).

best option for any track wanting to boost or keep pure stock count is ADOPT the STP pure stock rules, allows cars with each motor configuration to continue to run their current engines with specific weight . if STS doesn't drop that grandfather clause our car will only run STP events till we can build a 450 rule motor, we already had a legal pure stock engine and a backup before someone decided to change what had been working for so long

oh and tires , as much as I would like to sell my limited pull offs or run them on ours the tire is fast but wont last near as long as a kk704 or g-60 so keep them and allow asphalt pull-offs grooved again see STP rules on tires it's already laid out

So what's the weight rule for the pure stocks

Shady oaks is 3400, we also run the 450 lift rule, 15 inches of vacuum, hyd lifters, no roller lifters or rockers, 160 on compression.

Archived