Penalties being issued

South Texas Speedway is placing the following penalties on the individuals who broke these rules at the last race of the season.

Crew Member: For entering another racers pit area and touching another racer or crew member we have placed this crew member on a indefinite suspension.

Driver: The driver is responsible for his crew. The driver in this case did everything reasonable to control his crew. Due to this we are placing the driver under a $200 fine and two weeks suspension. This suspension will be enforced starting in the 2016 season.

A few items of note in this case:

Any time a team enters someone else's pit area and causes a physical altercation. a two week suspension will be enforced. The crew member may also face stiffer penalties. The driver is responsible for your crew and doing everything reasonable to control his crew members. We feel that because this situation happened on the last race of the season it should not be any less or more severe then happening during the year. This is why we did not enforce this on the December race. Had the driver been in a physical altercation we would have enforced this differently.

Personal note: This was very difficult for me to be involved with. I tried to take my time and come up with the most fair and appropriate penalty. In the long run I hope this never happens again.

Please if you must comment keep it positive. Many of our spectators and fans read this.

Thank you,

Ken Hobbs

Archived