TALMS Driver Appreciation Night!

TheCloser

Here is the current guaranteed purse for the Inaugural TALMS Driver Appreciation Night.

1-$2,000

2-$1,000

3-$800

4-$600

5-$400

6-$350

7-$250

8-$200

9-$200

10-$200

11-24-$200

Here is what I would like it to be.

1-$2,000

2-$1,500

3-$1,000

4-$900

5-$800

6-$700

7-$600

8-$500

9-$400

10-$300

11-24-$200

In order to make this happen we will need some sponsorship help.

In order to make this goal more attainable I will break it down into 9 sponsorships

1-$500

2-$200

3-$300

4-$400

5-$350

6-$350

7-$300

8-$200

9-$100

If there is any way you or your company can help it will be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Huge thank you to Gunnar Frid and Jerry Welsh

Thanks to them the purse is now

1-$2,000

2-$1,000

3-$800

4-$650

5-$450

6-$400

7-$300

8-$250

9-24-$200

As we get more sponsorship in we will add it into the purse!

Thank you all for your help!

With a new payout the TALMS Driver Appreciation Night increases its lead on the biggest Asphalt Limited Modified/Sport Mod race EVER!

If you have a Limited Modified and are on the fence on coming and racing because of tires come race with your dirt tires!

Lawrence Mikulencak qualified fastest on dirt tires at a TALMS race at CC Speedway, outqualifying an entire field of TALMS cars on slicks.

Christopher M. Birmingham also had a very strong run at Central Texas Speedway running dirt tires as well. He ran 2nd in front of a lot of front running cars for the majority of the race. The only reason he didn't finish that high was he got caught up in some bumping on a restart.

Total Payout for the race

$11,950

$2,000 to win $200 to start

$50 entry fee

25 giveaway prizes to be given away to participating drivers including 30 gallons of VP 110 racing fuel, tools, gift certificates and much more!

Also being awarded are many contingency awards

Ace Transmission Fast Qualifier Award $200

Mark Herring Race Engines Long Haul Award $100

Browning Auto Parts Hard Luck Award $100

Longhorn Driving School Most Laps Led Award $100

Box Racing First Car Not Locked In Award $100

Rhino Racing Rear Ends Hard Charger Award $50

There's a lot up for grabs on November 14th at Central Texas Speedway and NO reason not to come race!

Come out and take it!

• 3 weeks later...

It's getting closer!

New Purse

$2,000

$1,500

$1,000

$900

$800

$700

$600

$500

$400

$300

$250

$200 on down

We will also be auctioning off the 25th and 26th starting spot to the highest bidder!

The money raised from this auction will go directly to the benefit for Jayden Chambers.

Jaydon is Pro Late Model and Sport Mod Driver Rusty Chambers's son who is currently fighting a heart infection.

So let's raise this money up for this great cause!

post-8968-0-56085200-1446515435_thumb.jpg

Tom told me that pyrometer was to be awarded to anyone who has ever been the motorsports writer for the San Antonio Light newspaper and in addition has been a NASCAR Chief Steward at a race track that is now closed and is over 70 years old. . I'm sure there are many out there who meet those requirements, but in case not, I'll be at CTS and you can just run up to the press box and give it to me then..

I need that pyrometer!

Nick

Tom told me that pyrometer was to be awarded to anyone who has ever been the motorsports writer for the San Antonio Light newspaper and in addition has been a NASCAR Chief Steward at a race track that is now closed and is over 70 years old. . I'm sure there are many out there who meet those requirements, but in case not, I'll be at CTS and you can just run up to the press box and give it to me then..

I need that pyrometer!

Nick

That was the initial award plan, but those plans were dashed when Joes ran out of stock on the easy to read large screen models. Sorry about that, Nick.

Tom, Tom, Tom... I thought were buddies and had an airtight deal going here. And I'll have you know, my eyesight is almost perfect. By the way, does Joe's Racing Products happen to make a braille model?

Nick

Sportsmod I can agree with nicks eye sight being better than mine and most folks I know .. but please never ever ever let him climb into a car it isn't safe just to think that way , just give him the gadget would be less costly for everyone ,and while I am at it don't let him handle tools he is better suited for holding Flashlights and Keypad punching .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived