Please

sm002

Next time you plan on letting all the people that didn't pack the track do their hot laps first let us know instead of having us sit in the infield waiting to go cause we were told you aren't getting on to hot lap if there wasn't any mud on your car.

I heard the same thing at the drivers meeting, but after making about 15 laps and only seeing the same guys that always come out and pack like they should on the track, I figure my part was done and pulled off and didn't worry about hot lapping. I know we weren't the main show, but everyone should pack the track like asked (told to) period!!!

Let me jump in here.... This thread, which started out as a personal complaint against a track, is a prime example of what tracks face constantly. There is a certain group that just can't wait to bitch the first time something doesn't go their way instead of trying to work together and make things better for everyone.

Bitching about tracks and promoters in public is 100% counterproductive to racing. It happens all over FaceBook and I spend hours each day trying my best to keep it off the LSSZ forums. It's a losing battle and, frankly, it would not surprise me one bit if we lost another track soon....

However, there are a few who have caught on that keeping things positive is the way to go and I appreciate their support and positive attitude. But, of course, the same boo-birds who complain about everything call them kiss-asses, accuse them of being up someone's behind, or worse. As long as the boo-birds are around and have a venue to bitch in, racing in South Texas will continue to be seen as a negative sport filled with crybabies.

Nick

my parents built the track in Goliad there was a lot of bickering and very stressful I know exactly what it's all about but we did it for 10 years the doors were closed because of health reasons so we can do it for 10 years bickering they can do it for another 3 months so the drivers can finish the season

Bickering comes with operating a track .That will never change. What has changed is social media.It is so easy to sit at a keyboard and say what you want.I hear the young ones ask us who grew up in the 60's 70's and 80's " How did you do without computers and Facebook?" I answer "Better. When we needed to communicate we picked up the phone or drove over to actually speak." Don't get me wrong social media when used for good is an awesome tool.But it can be a dangerous weapon as well. Use with caution. I do agree I don't think what was posted had anything to do with this.

My comment wasn't aimed at the track! I wouldn't race and be a track sponsor if I didn't believe in their ability. Just believe all drivers should do their share when it comes to making it a good race for everyone. I think Greg and Zack undertook a huge responsibility when they decided to partner up and run this track, I was proud to help where I could, I am sorry it didn't make it through the season. I grew up in the 60's-70's still have a phone hooked to the wall LOL

The reason the track is closing is strictly financial at the end of the day it is a business! If it wasn't for our great sponsors like Cooter the Hudgeons race wouldn't have been a go either but we had an obligation to the Hudgeons family to make that event a success! I apologize for the Inconvince but points wouldn't have mattered if at the end of the night you didn't get your money for winning!

Bottom line its on us fans. Thats why I post all the time to get fans to the track. I'll point out the big races,like the Hudgeons,and I also say go to a track somewhere. Gotta tell ya in my opinion if we don't get more fans at the other nearby track.....There is no shortage of racers but there is beginning to be a shortage of tracks,especially asphalt.We all have to do more to get fans in the stands.If we can just get them there the quality of racers we have in this area can do the rest to keep them coming back.

Archived