Car count this Sat. the 20th

Folks I don't know what anyone has heard but I'm hearing there is going to be an awesome car count across the board. Sport compacts from Houston, maybe 30 TALMS, all I heard about the trucks is there is going to be a "bunch". It's shaping up to possibly be a record event, how cool would that be!! Any input on this would greatly help the excitement grow!!!!

Im all for heat races guys, but just remember, with 11-12 classes, heat races will add to an already really long day.

Edit: and I mean that for classes that dont already run heats.

I really hope this weekend works out but things aren't looking good once again.. If we get the amount of rain that's predicted the track and pits could very well be flooded again. I know the staff at the track works their butts off to get things ready so there's always hope but maybe 5-8 inched of rain would be disastrous to this area after the flooding they saw memorial day.. Hope and pray for a dry track and the folks that are going to be affected by this approaching storm.

I really hope this weekend works out but things aren't looking good once again.. If we get the amount of rain that's predicted the track and pits could very well be flooded again. I know the staff at the track works their butts off to get things ready so there's always hope but maybe 5-8 inched of rain would be disastrous to this area after the flooding they saw memorial day.. Hope and pray for a dry track and the folks that are going to be affected by this approaching storm.

Amen to that. I hope for a great car count, but at this point, I would be very content with just a race.

We've seen it many times in the past where CTS will stay pretty dry while others are getting soaked all around the area. We've even seen storms seemingly divide in half and miss the track with rain clearly visible on either side! Let's hope the track stays nice and dry for us this weekend.

Nick

Yesterday and last night were very kind to the area around the track as far as rain goes. So far today the outlook is pretty good. We're not out of the woods yet, but so far so good.

I think we may have dodged the big bullet.. It hasn't rained as much as they said and the sun is shining right now. Looking for lots of sunshine the rest of the week too! Hey, Let's go racing !!!!

And I just got this from Meredith at CTS a few minutes ago (1:30 pm, Thursday, June 18)

Hi Nick,

After playing Russian roulette with the weather, we have managed to avoid most of the heavy rainfall. We are doing everything in our power to make sure the pits and track will be in good condition for this weekends race. So far, so good! We are ready for some racing!

Thanks,
Meredith Murray

Archived