STS 2015 LIMITED LATE MODEL RULES

WATERBOY

Since your changing again , the open tire rule could get out of hand in future! being that there are softer compunds available right now at much lower cost what happens when that deal runs out and everyone has to buy more expensive tires ? The rule was d28 ,although more expensive right now could be less expensive in future.

JMO street stocks weigh 3150 why go to faster class with heavier cars . Late models should be lighter and faster. Most of the cars could get down to weight by just getting their 1950s style bumpers cut off.

Why did we vote ? majority said 2 barrel easier on everyone including track. don't listen to the whiners that don't race anyway ! Summit has 4412c $315.00 4412hp 447.00 .used ones on LSS for $200.00 and this is going to keep these cars away ? I guess the class benefits from these guys racing on their computer !

POST THE RULES AND LETS RACE

I have run 3rd last 2 times I was at Corpus. Is that competitive? Some would say so. I have a heavy car that used to be pretty competitive. I have never run a 4bbl. Last race I ran 3rd, Johnny and Landon both kept getting farther and farther away from me after a late restart. Same as Chris Swenson did and Jensen at I-37. My car handled the best it ever had my last race at Corpus. It was a blast, but I had no chance to win unless they wrecked each other. My car CANT get below 3150. I'm already at a disadvantage weight % wise, to cut weight would make it worse.

In my opinion, if you want to win, you cant have a heavy car anymore. I knew the day was coming when they changed the rules at I-37. When you have a car that is 2500-2600lbs before lead is added, you have all the advantage setup wise. I cant out drive a 300- 400 lb difference.

Here is my 2 cents. Let the 3150lb cars run 750 4bbl. 2bbl for 2850. Do away with 650 carb. That will keep the heavy cars happy and in the class until they upgrade chassis. When the heavy cars are gone, 2bbl 500cfm only...

THE CAR I RAN LAST YEAR WAS ALMOST 3300 AND ONLY ABOUT 51% REAR. I TOOK ALL THE 3 LINK OUT AND PUT LEAF SPRINGS AND MADE IT A STREETSTOCK, STILL TOO HEAVY BUT CLOSER AS STREETSTOCK. THE BIG 4 BARREL HELPED WHEN TRACK WAS TACKY NOT SO MUCH WHEN DRY. TIRES? ALL THE TIRES I RAN LAST YEAR WERE D55 TIRES, I DONT THINK A REAL SOFT TIRE WILL LAST VERY LONG, DONT CARE ABOUT TIRE RULE.

I have run 3rd last 2 times I was at Corpus. Is that competitive? Some would say so. I have a heavy car that used to be pretty competitive. I have never run a 4bbl. Last race I ran 3rd, Johnny and Landon both kept getting farther and farther away from me after a late restart. Same as Chris Swenson did and Jensen at I-37. My car handled the best it ever had my last race at Corpus. It was a blast, but I had no chance to win unless they wrecked each other. My car CANT get below 3150. I'm already at a disadvantage weight % wise, too cut weight would make it worse.

In my opinion, if you want to win, you cant have a heavy care anymore. I knew the day was coming when they changed the rules at I-37. When you have a car that is 2500-2600lbs before lead is added, you have all the advantage setup wise. I cant out drive a 300- 400 lb difference.

Here is my 2 cents. Let the 3150lb cars run 750 4bbl. 2bbl for 2850. Do away with 650 carb. That will keep the heavy cars happy and in the class until they upgrade chassis. When the heavy cars are gone, 2bbl 500cfm only...

And this gentleman is a fact posted from the last I-37 LLM champion! Thanks for the input Trey.

Ted, thanks for the carb clarification. I like it. This should keep the class more even until the heavy cars wear out and are replaced with lighter cars that take advantage of the rules.

Schilling, A D7, D14, D28, D45 and D55 all cost about the same. (I should know, I'm a Hoosier dealer) The difference is you will be replacing D7's and 14's a whole lot more often than you will D55's. We ran D28's and D55's last year. You really can't tell much difference in the two. Driver throttle control and car setup and tire pressure makes a bigger difference than tire compound. The cheap tires that Ted is referring to are normally last years unsold spec tires (SUPR and Wissota). Because they're a year old they will not durometer as soft as a new tire. I say who cares what compound you run. If you can't be competitive with a D28, a D7 isn't going to help.

Trey, I know you have the makings for a new lite weight car in your shop. Get your a$$ in gear and get it built. LOL

• 1 month later...

Archived