A tip of the hat

arob

To all involved in the Shootout.You guys did a good job for the first time running this big event.Whoever repaired turn four looked to do a great job.And the calls on the track were spot on in my opinion.Some may complain about how long it took but that had nothing to do with the track as they moved through at a brisk clip.Big events take time it is just how it is as drivers tend to be a bit aggresive which leads to a lot of yellows.Kudos to the fender cars for keeping theirs to a minimum as usual.Overall a good effort.

Not an official answer, but my guess is to keep guys from bonsaiing through the infield and back onto the track, they had openings near all four turns for access to the infield if you needed to exit the track. I see pros and cons to the berms. Years passed, they used tires but probably got tired of chasing them down when cars hit them or peeling the cars off the tires.

Yes great job to all that worked at the track. Was alot of fun and will be there next year if the pure stocks are invited back. Yes track was much better on Saturday. Hard to keep track from coming up when car are going so fast.

Archived