Texana Raceway Park is closing the Gates.

TRP

It has been after long consideration and thought, that I closing Texana Raceway Park.

Due to several reasons, I will no longer be able to keep TRP open.

I would like to thank all of my workers and crews for the wonderful jobs that all of you did. I couldn't have done it without everyone of you.

Thank you to the racers that supported me in this venue, Each one of you played a part in the racing programs and entertaining the fans.

And to the fans, Thank you so much for choosing to come to my track and supporting me. I am truly Blessed with many friends in the racing community, and I will continue to cherish those friendships and look forward to making many more.

I'm sure there will be rumors starting, and things said. But, unless you hear it from me, don't believe it!

Thank you and God Bless!

Ken is a good man (and my brother in the Lord) who took on a very difficult - some would even say impossible - assignment. Any bashing of Ken or his staff will be promptly removed from Lone Star Speedzone.

That being said, what do you suppose the future holds for Texana Raceway Park?

Nick

It is truly a sad day for Ken and the racing community, I really wish Ken could've made it work for him and all the local guys and gals that race there. Glad I got to race there this past weekend.

Ken, the Stacy family wants to thank you for working with us the last two years to make sure our schedules worked, rules stayed the same to allow drivers to run both tracks and keeping purse in line. We have had so many changes in South Texas racing this year and as owner/promoters we fully understand what everyone from series directors to owners are facing. We can only hope that if a new promoter comes along for TRP they will also be willing to work with us to keep racing a part of the Crossroads area.

Archived