How Did It Go Tonight (June 7)?

I'm on call for work so we stayed here and went to STS. Car counts were down here maybe because of graduations but IDK. 11 Lim. Mods, 12 LLM I think, 12 EMod, I think they said 18 Pure Stock though and 7-8 Sport Compact and no GB so maybe they're starting to come out too. Was hoping people would show up for TRP, it's a fun place to go watch at least in our opinion.

The recent amount of rain really hurt the track. It seemed to hold together through the heats but for our Feature turns 3 and 4 turned bad in several areas. It was the same for everyone we all had to drive on it but lots of sheetmetal and bumper damage on just about everyone. Two big pile ups one early w the Front runners and one real late w mid packers. Lots,of us limped home licking our wounds. Plus very latenite for no good reason we didn't roll on track til 12. That's flusterating.

Once they started here, it rolled pretty smooth, a few hiccups. There was something in 4 here that caused a lot of problems and sent a few into the front straight wall and destroyed two E Mods, knocked one complete rear end out driveshaft still attached to rear end housing. Catch fence works thankfully. It was weird here, real dry and slow during the heats but pretty good in the features, heard some different things from different drivers but I won't speak for them. As for TRP, I'm really hoping they get some support. Hope there's no significant damage to the guys up there and the STXSSS cars.

if you like getting payed out at 2:00AM go to Texana for a shootout race. As they were doing drivers introduction (About 12:45) for the STXSSS there were only about 50 people left in the stands.

Ideas for track management for TRP and any other dirt track.

-If you know you have had rain or over watered the track start packing at 5:30 so there is time to rewater and pack again.

- If you go to a USMTS or a big Late Model or Sprint car show at any track that know how to treat fans they run the MAIN show by 10:00-11:00PM while people with familys are still there to watch.

You MUST be at TRP for the Hudgeons Memorial race in October.Always a great event.

We are in Limbo as of now all reports we hear is track may not stay open we need to see what plans the track has before completely moving ahead the committee has touched on subject last week we are wanting to grow the amount of scholarships we hand to students we will hopefully hear a more definate answer on what track has planned for rest of year,hopefully Ken will post something so we can confirm and work out details for this years race we are continuing to make strides to grow this race every year even try to see if purse can grow some this is GREAT OPPURTUNITY for us,racers and whom ever holds race...Thanks

Man what a difference a year makes! Well if TRP cannot hold the Hudgeons Memorial I hope Shady Oaks can do it.A lot of fans are glad they picked up ASCS I just hope they can pick up this too if necessary.

We will be waiting on decision and during this we will see what approach we will take we have had a real special person become ill and was also one of the persons who got me into dirt track racing.My first concern is to see him make it through this illness. I do plan on doing what i can to see that this race will happen for years to come and also would like to see it stay incorporated with the STXSSS SEEMS FANS HAVE EXPRESSED THAT THEY WAIT FOR THIS TWO RACES EACH YEAR..

Hudgeon's Memorial is definitely a race we won't miss. I grew up with asphalt racing and as much as I loved SAS, we went to Edna last year over the final race at SAS. Hopefully there will be another event and that special person will be in good health.

I am with Racer027. We have come to not only love being part of this special event but cant imagine not being a part of it no matter where it is to be held this year. Keep everyone in mind as tough decisions have been made and tough decisions still lay ahead for some folks. My hopes are TRP will be back at some point in time and when they do we will be ready right there with em.

Archived