Memorial Day Weekend Schedule

There are many folks who actually enjoy two-day events.

As far as I can tell, the diesel is the nearly the same either way. You have to get there and back whether it's a two-day or one-day event.

Besides that, a racing weekend is more than just track time. It's about being with fellow racers, getting to know them and forming life-long friendships.

But, Rusty, you're right. Racing is indeed expensive and hotel room expenses are cut in half for a one day show.

So, there's something to be said for both, but if STS ops for a two-day, or even a three-day event, many will enjoy it despite the extra expense.

Nick

I for one live too far away to go home on Sat and back on Sun.So Im going to stay at the track overnite camping out.Its no different than what I do on a motorcycle weekend.Im hoping others are going to stay overnite and maybe make this a socially enjoyable event as well as a racing event.When we did the Modified Nationals in McAllen most people stayed at the track because most were from far away.

What makes STS different from most tracks is they dont run you off as soon as the show is completed.The track is lit up for practice and the pits are open till the last person leaves.We get to relive the race in conversation as long as we want.For those of us 3 hours away it makes the trip worthwile.Its about friendship and commaradity.A 6 hour drive for 15 minutes on the track by itself is difficult to justify but a nite of visiting,racing and especially watching the races is well worth it to me.Im a big fan of all classes and cant wait to get out of my car and head to the stands.I even watch the practice afterward sometimes and if my car has a questionable issue I will run laps before I load it.

Thank you Ken Hobbs for allowing my little groop to be a tiny part of your big show.I cant wait to see the big Street Stock Shootout feature.Im rooting for Greg Jr but will applaude whoever wins.I hope the Mares family attends,there fun to be around.Anyway good luck to all and see you Sat.

Im thinking about going Friday but by Sunday I might be too ripe to be around.If I didnt already know this track I would anyway.The track has a character a little different than others and can bite you if you are not focused.Going to be great racing.

Very well said Nick and Thumper. We love to hangout at the track and visit. Had a blast at the last 2 day show and it doesnt bother me if we do a two day show. But I want to support Kens decision to let another class have some glory time and track time for a big event. We arent any better than anyone else out there in other classes.. We just have different cars.. expenses were thrown out when we all bought a race car in the big picture. But rusty is right. However... we all want to race...when its our time.. for the LLM...this weekend isnt our time to be in the spot light on sunday.. And for that I wish the sportcompact class the best of luck.... See everyone on Saturday...

I guess I didn't say that quite right. I support Ken having a 2 day show and if the LLM's were running both days, we'd find a way to race both days. I'm just glad that this particular 2 day race does not include LLM's on Sunday.

We will be there this weekend supporting the track and respect there decision with this being said , IMO

I would rather watch a 3 car LLM race then a 10 car sport compact , Sorry sport compact guys

This is just my personal opinion and I hear it in the stands often from other spectators

all have there opinions, I remember when the crowd cheered more for two sport compacts that got the class going way way way more than the 6 llm that were getting that class started. I have the videos makes me proud. Thumper u ride a motorcycle? you blind ass bat.. ha ha

RUN!!!!

How is that just because there more of you you pay the same amount to race your car as i pay to race my cars

I put 3 people in the stands to watch the sport compact as much as the llm

WaerRacing00,

The question is a little open ended. We will make every effort to let anyone who wants to come race to let them. However without knowing where you come from and the rules at your track I would not be able to say yes or no. We must keep it fair to everyone racing and I cannot sacrifice the competitive nature for one or two extra cars. I would ask you to check the website and if you are close come on.

What I think WaerRacing00 is asking last year out of town cars could run their home track rules with a few exceptions like bead locks if I remember right.There are a lot of out of town cars that like to run STS and a lot of fans like to see them so I hope things don't get shut off to these guys.They were a big reason STS had over 20 cars weekly in Mods and Pures all year last year.

Archived