blue angel

HiTech

Me too some folks just have all the luck.......on a side note.not just because he is your son .no brownie point hunting here ...but i like him he is good at what he does ..i hope they finally get rid of bill and let him have the stage bill is and has always been a joke along with dale from the other station ..i asked bill in 2004 if it was going to snow here on christmas eve .in front of a bunch of folks at best buy .. he said not a chance ,three hours later i got three inches and more .....

The Blue Angels fly the F-18; The Fat Albert Support plane is the C-130 Hercules.

The company I work for has built some of the engines on that Bird.

The Blue Angels fly the F-18; The Fat Albert Support plane is the C-130 Hercules.

The company I work for has built some of the engines on that Bird.

There was no F18 (fighter) used actively combat ready by the US armed forces. An F-18 in combat is either our enemy or a questionable ally. The angels fly F/A-18C\D Hornets - "fighter/attack".

In testing and fitting prior to full commission from 77 to 80 the A-18 and the F-18 were merge designed as the F-18 lacked weaponry and the A-18 lacked range. So neither design was considered a long term replacement of the aging F-16. Only the F/A-18 (McDonnel Douglas) was commissioned for aerial combat duty (a requirement to be in the Blue Angels fleet) in 1978.

The F-18 (Northrup) became export only, with production stopped in 81 and the A-18 stopped production in 78.

I have stood corrected on the F-18 moniker many times over - CDR Pat Moneymaker was a good customer and awesome drinking buddy (he only allowed himself to drink four times a year so made the best of it...) before he was transferred to Fla after his El Centro crash... at one time I could also distinguish the sub model (a and b appear the same and c and d appear the same) as my shop was in the approach path of NAS(MCAS) Mirimar.

Oh Hitech there's a reason he's known as Dead Wrong Dale lol, but he is a pretty nice guy, at least in our dealings with him. I always joke I went into the wrong business, Meteorologist, the only job to get paid well for always being wrong. We watch Channel 6 here so I'm not applying that to Mr. Holt.

Me too some folks just have all the luck.......on a side note.not just because he is your son .no brownie point hunting here ...but i like him he is good at what he does ..i hope they finally get rid of bill and let him have the stage bill is and has always been a joke along with dale from the other station ..i asked bill in 2004 if it was going to snow here on christmas eve .in front of a bunch of folks at best buy .. he said not a chance ,three hours later i got three inches and more .....

I agree with you Mike. I like the way he does his broadcast. He's very informative and explains the weather so everyone understands.

what is that spanish word bill opens up with ..it makes my spanish speaking friends mad they look at it as an insult .alan is straight forward gets the job done .

we better watch it nick already has a big head ...

Yep, he has a passion for weather. Even in elementary school, all his projects were about the weather and how it affects this or that, etc...

So, it was no surprise to me when he announced he was going to get his masters in broadcast meteorology at Mississippi State, one of two elite masters programs in the country.

Nick

Archived