Track condition

What if anything are the plans for improvements of the racing facilities at SAS?

Are they going to straighten some walls? Maybe pave a little more of the pits?

Maybe make the pit restroom a 2 holer? Upgrade the pit electrical so we can have consistent power?

How about grinding the high spots out of the turns? New patches in the potholes?

And the all important - gonna get edible, affordable food at the concession?

How about it. Whatcha gonna do?

man where do you expect all this money for improvements to come from................there surely wasn't a crowd in the stands every week to afford a bunch of improvements..............with the number of people in the stands last year we will be lucky if the prices this year dont go up to try to make up for the loss last year................

I guess the money need to come from the same place the racers are expected to get it from sponsors or it needs to come out of Ted's pocket.That sounds pretty rediculious dosent it .LOL Sorry i just couldent resist

man where do you expect all this money for improvements to come from

Kinda proves a point there somewhere doesn't it?

it needs to come out of Ted's pocket.That sounds pretty rediculious dosent it .LOL Sorry i just couldent resist

And there you have it. Doesn't sound like much confidence about SAS. Hope everyone doesn't get the feeling that the facilities will be allowed to run down while the owner takes as much money out of it before he scraps it. Not trying to start any rumors (heavens No!) I just wanted to see if any improvements are going to be made.

According to an article in one of the stock car magazines, I believe that Ted Carlson owns 2 or 3 other tracks as well. Wonder how SAS ranks with those. Wonder how much capital improvement the owner is willing to invest in this "business" at SAS to try to make some money. Wonder if he will.

:stir: :stir: :stir: :D

Guest RobCarter88

Hey Zoom, dont take this personal, but why dont you replace them beat up fenders on that ugly camaro? Why dont you get a motor that will run with the best of them? Why dont you get lots of freebies to pass out in the stands to the fans? Cant you put a decent paint job on that car? Come on, what are you going to do, drive that old junker around all of your life.

Now maybe you know how San Antonio Speedway feels by your questions.

lmao thats not very nice.............they haven't really done any major improvements for a long while.......well except the paved spots for the middle row of the pits, but i think the last major improvement was when they added the dirt behind the walls.......now we don't have cars flying into the parking lot everytime they hit the wall and thats a good thing..............they do little improvements here and there that helps the track but it really needs someone with a lot of money to bring that track where it should be........i guess for now we should just be lucky that it is still open for us to race on...........it ain't the prettiest track in the world but by golly its a track and that is good enough for now............or until another track opens up closer to town...............tehehehe

Hey Zoom, dont take this personal, but why dont you replace them beat up fenders on that ugly camaro?

Well, I kinda have a certain attachment to them fenders. You wouldn't replace your dog just cause hes ugly would you?

Why dont you get a motor that will run with the best of them?

Well, by golly, soons I get that there tax rebate I just might.

Why dont you get lots of freebies to pass out in the stands to the fans?

Whatcha reckon they want? I got a bag of tootsie rolls I can take with us to the track.

Cant you put a decent paint job on that car?

What? My paint job ain't decent? Sorry. That paint job cost me a whole $40.00. Wish someone had said somethin sooner, :(

Come on, what are you going to do, drive that old junker around all of your life.

Shoot no. Just another year. :ph34r:

Now maybe you know how San Antonio Speedway feels by your questions.

No, I don't.

Simple question was what, if anything, were they gonna do in the offseason. Didn't demand that they do anything. Hoping they did something just to see something that gives me a warm fuzzy that SAS would surely be around for awhile. Don't read too much into the posts, You might get offended and defensive. Geez lighten up.

But since you know how san antonio speedway feels, can you answer what they are gonna do to the track?

yeah, 29LL.

But shoot, since I been tryin to support nascar sponsors, I have a budweiser drinkin problem, a bunch of dewalt tools, am in debt to my eyebrows to Home Depot and Lowes, and with Mark Martin, wellll you know - you gotta find love where you think it may be! :o

Folks,

I was just asking IF some off season improvements were planned on being made. IF so, what were they?

I don't care if they don't make any. I like the track just fine except for the pot hole in 3 and the little patch job in turn 2.

If all they did was patch those and flush the toilets that would be fine with me.

jeeez

It's a great track. The only thing they need to do if fix the infield. i had to replace my air filter on my tow truck because of dirt. it was new. What do you think that does to those 6,500 dollar race truck motors? And they tore down the first four last time there, I wouldnt have done that for love nor money! JUST MY 2CNTS

I couldn't resist so here it goes.......................................We can complain about what needs to be done at SAS but has anyone noticed what HAS BEEN DONE AT SAS? In the last few years the safety items such as grandstands, outside wall, patch work and officials have all been taken care of. Grant it we still need to do some patch work, especially the bump in turn 1 & 2....it scares me everytime. But Mike and Bill have done and been doing all they can with what budget they have. Of course I would love for the womens restroom to have showers, A/C and a lounge area added but I'm not picky. We have approximatley 90 plus drivers registered at SAS. If we all took the time to to talk to business owners that we knew such as trucking company (hall in fill for the parking lot), cement company (make more parking pads), asphalt company (track patches) etc, etc etc. We could maybe barter with them and give them some advertising space at the track, or maybe on some of our cars (with Mikes approval). My point here is and I know someone will try to shoot this down but if we (drivers) ban together along with our ideas we can do our part in taking care of our playground. The TPS, ROMCO, TSRS, TRUCKS, ALLISON AND TAMS are welcome to join us since this is your playground too. Then......here is the good part we can donate a weekend of our time to help make these repairs. I think I might have seen a post on here very similar to this but if we don't step up to the plate and try to do something about it then we deal with what we got. By the way we do have the nicer track in Texas. If thsi can be accomplished then not only are we helping our home track but we are also introducing new businesses to racing which can lead to more people in the stands, more money in the pocket and the security of knowing our track will be around for years to come. So this is a challenge to all of my fellow drivers who would like to make a difference. If you don't want to get involved but know someone who can help let me know. Do I get any votes to start a SAS repair committe??????

I will throw you all of the Tootsie Rolls you can eat next season as long as you keep coming out to support us. Just don't send me your dental bill...........................LOL. I will have alot of goodies to give next year to the kids and to the adults, I found a generous sponsor.

Archived