Track condition

kelyd13,

Thanks for the offer....you have a good point about the dental bills...LOL

We love to come to the races and watch everyone, all the money and hard work you guys put into this sport is appreciated, by us anyway. It's a great form of entertainment for our family.

Looking forward to next season. Good luck to everyone !!!

If all the tracks would take your stand with your ideas of the drivers and crews coming out to help make repairs etc. I beleive there would be more pride and in turn more support than -itching for our local tracks

thanks wow13 for the ideas will see about getting something going up here at THR.

can't help on the concessions cause we aren't giving up our BBQ from circle track smokers.

Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm with Kelly... I've talked with Debbie and between Kelly, Myself and Debbie there are a few Sponsors that are coming on board for next year... Two of which now do business with NASCAR (Truck, Busch and Cup) Teams... One of these two will hopefully be bringing in radios for the teams who don't have radios( I don't know if there will be a rental program or not. They will most likely have some low end to high end kits to sell ) but at least we will be able to have track support/onsite repair... They'll also be renting scanners to the fans... (This was started by Kelly and I was able to talk to the vendor when I made my radio purchase)... The second company didn't know there was a NASCAR Sanctioned Track in San Antonio, they are excited about coming out to the track to talk to the drivers... I've asked for an R&D person to come out next year to answer Tech question and they will be sending someone who will be in the pits... I've spoken to Irvan and the R&D guy will most likely be in his trailer... The second company I'm working on getting some discounts for ALL TEAMS(not just drivers), they have a full line of safety equipment for crew and driver as well as some really nice everyday apparel...

Now As far as Mike, Bill and Debbie... THANK YOU FOR A GREAT 2004... I've have been at several appearances where Mike was there with the officials handing out tickets. I know Bill has been hard at work with the Track and it's maintenance. Debbie has been working on contacting sponsors and doing some bartering with people to get some supplies and stuff for improvements...

I am open to helping out... I know someone who has equipment that we might could use to do some leveling and stuff... I for one would like to see the unused portion of the property(S.E.) corner utilized...

My understanding and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong... Ted just bought a fourth track somewhere up North... I don't think Ted cares much whether the track succeeds. I don't know Ted, I have gotten to know Mike, Bill and Debbie... I know that Mike, Bill and Debbie's hands are tied and unless Ted puts some money into the track... I suggest we contact Ted and let him know we would like to do our part to see Our track succeed...

Please keep the input coming so 2005 will be the Best Year for SAS ever!

I have heard a lot on this forum about helping out the tracks. I think that if the fans, drivers, race teams, and car owners feel like the track is doing everything they can, and the track still needs help, then they will pitch in. But if they feel like the track could be doing more and just doesn't, or the track is trying to get a bunch of free labor equipment and such then they won't help out. I think that it is a case of the first scenario at corpus and THR (Maybe I'm wrong), and a case of "I don't know the situation" at SAS. I don't know a lot about the business situations at any of these tracks, and don't care to know details, falls under the heading of none of my business. But if you are going to ask people to help out then you need to make sure they know as many details as you can.

Now from a sponsorship standpoint that is a different matter. Debbie Williams if you would give me a call I might have some stuff we could talk about.

KISS_Racing,

Thanks for your support during the 2004 season. It's people like you who make my job easier by helping me find the right contacts for sponsorships, etc. I hope we can work out the radio deals for the 2005 season. I don't know anything about Ted buying and selling other tracks.

Johnny,

I'll give you a call tomorrow regarding your ideas for sponsorships. Thanks also for your help.

Debbie

This if from a guy that helped build the grandstands at SAS and helped repaint them about 5 or 6 years ago.the physical facility at SAS has never been better Mike and Bill have done a great job the track surface has been better but it has been worse.The restrooms all work , even in the pits,everything is painted the pits are level and have on ruts,the gas pumps work and the scales are in good working condition.Its a shame that more people cant see the hard work tht has been going on. hope they will in the future

racerjim,

You couldn't of said it any better. I have been a fan of SAS and Highway 16 for many years and for many years it was in bad shape. Mike & Bill and done an excellent job in keeping up with it. We definatley have to look forward to Debbie brining in some track sponsors which will mean more cash. I don't know what my fate as a driver will be after the 2005 season but I do know I will always be a long time fan so if I can do my part in helping make our track beautiful I will do it.

We are more than willing to help out at the track. Wesley is excellent at operating heavy equipment and I am sure he will help out. I could possible even get some heavy equipment loaned to us to use. I don't run heavy equipment, but I am willing to help out anyway I can. I don't even mind getting dirty.

I think we should make Jamie repaint the walls, since he scraped all the paint off of them and onto our car this year. Hopefully, this next year, he won't get so up close and personal with the walls.

Let me know what the plans are for fixing up the track and I will talk to the heavy equipment owners that I know.

We are looking forward to another exciting year at SAS.

Mona Turner

#29 SAS sportsman owner

Debbie,

It sure was a pleasure... I think with the small interest we have thus far, it can happen... I'm going to talk with my company this year to see if they can do something... Since we sponsor a Cup car, there may be a possibility that they will do something... In the past when I've talked to them they don't do much individual sponsoring, but event sponsoring they do... Who knows?

Everyone,

If I could and I realize this was started as a Track Condition Post... I would like to encourage everyone who reads this to talk to people over the off season and whether you promote the track by asking these people to come watch the races or possibily sponsoring next year... Lets start now so 2005 can be the best year ever!!!!

I wish we had a track like Irwindale, but every track starts somewhere... Lets help the track become an Irwindale, SO IT DOESN'T BECOME AN ALAMO DRAGWAY!!!! I'm not trying to be scarcastic, I don't want SAS to close like Alamo did this year...

• 4 months later...

I remembered this topic from the end of the season...Man, we ran out of paper making lists of everything that needs to be done...If anyone wants to help, we will buy the materials and work out something with you...everyone is invited, no reasonable offer refused!

Archived