Jalopnik: How much can CNN get wrong about F1 engines, physics?

AustinF1

Jalopnik: How much can CNN get wrong about F1 engines, physics?

http://jalopnik.com/how-much-can-cnn-get-w...s-in-1111423405

Where the CNN article gets into trouble is when the writer attempts to explain how the turbo engines are different:P

While a standard engine is powered by a belt connected to the crankshaft, a turbo engine runs on its own exhaust steam, making it more energy efficient.

Oh boy. Is it possible for one little sentence to get so much wrong, so efficiently? It's impressive, in its way. And, sure, it's CNN, not a dedicated automotive site, but in an article about F1 cars and racing tech, you'd think there'd be at least some attempt to get this right. It'd be like writing an article about an election that said "While a standard election is decided by court decisions from individual citizen legislatures, a runoff election leverages polling data from the most recent census." Sure, those are real words, but they make zero sense.

CNN has never worried about reporting anything accurate...only what they want the viewer to think.. why actually report facts or take a minute to verify anything is accurate. Noone watches them anyways.

Getting a story right would be against their liberal upbringing ,an out right sin they would be shunned ,noone watches cnn .somebody had to to get this story so who among us is guilty we promise not to shun you .

Wait....didn't they just get the subject of the article wrong? Not F1, but weren't they really finally reporting on Nick's Lighter than Air chassis? Didn't that revolutionary design run on "exhaust steam"? Finally found the engine source?? Especially fast after a plate of beef enchiladas, side of deviled eggs, and old can of Schlitz???

Wait....didn't they just get the subject of the article wrong? Not F1, but weren't they really finally reporting on Nick's Lighter than Air chassis? Didn't that revolutionary design run on "exhaust steam"? Finally found the engine source?? Especially fast after a plate of beef enchiladas, side of deviled eggs, and old can of Schlitz???

Why is it when I read "exhaust steam" I thought the same thing? LOL!!!!

Sorry Nick, ole buddy.

I feel an "edited by Nick Holt" coming.

Sorry Nick, ole buddy.

Not a chance. The concept of "exhaust" as fuel and as raw material for the LTA Chassis show equal amounts of genius. LOL

Nick

Sorry Nick, ole buddy.

Not a chance. The concept of "exhaust" as fuel and as raw material for the LTA Chassis show equal amounts of genius. LOL

Nick

So we are Genius'? Great!!!!! i still dont understand rear roll arm leverage axis stuff

So we are Genius'? Great!!!!! i still dont understand rear roll arm leverage axis stuff

Did you lose your class notes again, racer61? LOL

Nick

Notes? We were supose to take notes?

Archived